What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video taken of idiot fans @ WIN vs Titans

Kiki

First Grade
hahaha yes that's me. im actually from the north west of Sydney but i spent alot of time down in the gong as a kid/teenager and i think it's beautiful.

So is Hornby, Young, Poore, Head, Hunt, Prior, Heck even Weyman is from weeeey down the south coast...

well over half the squad

Nightingale and Stanley are St George juniors

yep exactly pete! i just don't get the hate.

steela

Juniors
Moron...

heres some facts, fact 1... The steelers name is NOT embedded in the team, it st george illawarra dragons, NO STEELERS..

Fact 2... If we merged with cronulla.... HANG ON... we are NOT merged with them so who F#@KING cares

Fact 3... Those who wear the steelers jersey, save some cash and upgrade, no more steelers in the comp

Fact 4.... Magpie on tigers jersey??? AGAIN... WHO THE F@#K CARES???? Good luck to the magpies fans

And another thing.... they chant steelers while wearing a ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS jersey, not the brightest mob up there are they??? hahahahahaha

so in saying that, we are the ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS, by chanting steelers you are actually alienating yourselfs from the rest of us fans, time to grow up, whether youlike it or not, we are the ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS...

ONE TEAM, ONE SUPPORTER BASE

great answers mate... you win! :lol:

bmwpower

Juniors
we are st george ILLAWARRA dragons. not steelers. weve just extended into the illawarra region. steelers have folded in 1st grade and are no more

well coops is one of everyones fave players and he is a gong boy through and through. and arent the Morris twins from down south too?? ben creagh as well.

The Morris boys are St George, as is Dean Young. Just because someone is born in a stable doesn't mean they're a horse.

St George as a club has always transcended it's own district and our players have for a long time come from every corner of the Rugby League playing world.

The Steelers have always been a petty local club, which is why their fans are obsessed with their "juniors", how many of them are in the team, do they come from West Wollongong or Bulli? It got them and us nowhere. Thank god with Bennett we finally see a reemergence of a recruitment policy that doesn't discriminate.

steela

Juniors
we are st george ILLAWARRA dragons. not steelers. weve just extended into the illawarra region. steelers have folded in 1st grade and are no more

so old steelers fans can't pay tribute?
that's all it is, everyone knows they aren't called the steelers, it isn't about what's technically 'correct'.

I remember the first game at WIN after the merger, massive steelers chant around the stadium... it's about pride, keeping the dream alive.

bmwpower

Juniors
they can chant at home if they like. its common sense, why chant for something that is not there, you will be making a fool of yourself

big pat

Coach
i would be more worried if they were chanting steelers on the hill at kogarah, but thats not going to happen, most of them wouldn't be able to afford the train fare, let alone the entry fee, anyway if they want to sneak into win and chant steelers, i dont give a toss because i will be chanting st george, so give me an saint george, what does it spell st george, st george, st george, go you good things. btw as for that octogenatian quigs see you at your home game at adelaide oval.

The Major

Bench
I think this has gotten off perspective here in regards to my original intent. All i wanted to do was name and shame the select group of lads who i and many believe, make it worth their while to make it to the games there, to just be rude little snot bags and pay bugger all attention to the game.

I say power to the old Steeler heads who still feel the Steel running through their veins. Whenever they see their team run onto WIN Stadium, or Wollongong Showground as it was once upon a time called, it would no doubt allow them to remember the good old days and beam with pride. Ask any pre standalone clubs, like St George, Western Suburbs, and Balmain. They'd be the same. The old Maggies fans would be champing at the bit every time the Wests Tigers play at Orana Park and vice versa Balmain at Leichhardt. Your mob are entitled to your perochial support. some things are just too hard to let go.

Thats why we love the game so much. It becomes a part of who we are. And to ignore it, cast it aside, is just plain too hard. Like your first love for example. You have learnt to let it go, but they will always have a special spot in your heart.

So i just wanna re-emphasize.... Good luck to the fans who wanna support their club, whoever it might be. Some of the best blokes and gals i have met whilst supporting the team post merge are fanatical Illawarra fans. I even have a couple of red tees in my cupboard. So i'm not a Steeler hater. I just hate the way these people intentionally butt in over the top our singing/chanting. Its plain rude and arrogant. I have two young children. If they talk over the top of their parents, or blatantly act in a disrespectful manner, then a size 12 boot is swift and effective in sorting them out pronto. Much the same with these lads, hence my stance on having no issue on taking it another level if we have to. Nothing like a good ol donny brook on a cold winters night. lol. Teach some naughty people a lesson, then go have some ice cream.

Godz Illa

Coach
The Major... perhaps a change to the thread title then? If it's obvious they are not idiot Steeler fans, just idiots, fullstop?

Quigs

Immortal
I'm working, I'm been working since 5am.

No rest for the wicked.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

petetheileet

First Grade
The Morris boys are St George, as is Dean Young. Just because someone is born in a stable doesn't mean they're a horse.

St George as a club has always transcended it's own district and our players have for a long time come from every corner of the Rugby League playing world.

The Steelers have always been a petty local club, which is why their fans are obsessed with their "juniors", how many of them are in the team, do they come from West Wollongong or Bulli? It got them and us nowhere. Thank god with Bennett we finally see a reemergence of a recruitment policy that doesn't discriminate.

born in a stable?

just cause their fathers played in a stable doesn't make them a horse.

They grew up playing for Kiama and Dapto respectively.

love my saints

Juniors
are you guys serious?????? is this still going? f**k me, surely some grommits chanting steelers isnt worthyof this much attention.... theres more important things..... like wheres my little kiki???? lol, oh kiki...... hahaha gonna be a long day

heres an idea, lets get big league onto kiki, to show that us dragons got the most beautifull supporters in the nrl.... dont worry kiks, ill be the male model, you can represent the females that support our great (and severly divided) team.

maybe then we can become the st george models and everyone can chant the one name... models (ta ta da) models.......

Latest posts