What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volkman & Allan gone

There’s another angle to all this!
Saw an article today that Volkman & his manager are seeking another opinion which would suggest they are not convinced of the
Extent of his injury. That also tells me that they misled Saints into believing it was a minor injury!
Also shows:

1. the release from Warriors is air tight; and
2. the Saints contract was conditional upon medical examination
3. The photo of Volkman at training was part of the medical examination
4. Volkman’s only chance of enforcing the Saints contract is to assert that Volkman in fact is medically fit

Maximus

Coach
I must be looking at a different photo to see what you see. Oh I see now so the breach notice is still coming.
I wait with baited breath to eat my words.. but your comparing a NRL response with how they reacted with Amone.
That will do me. I am out.

You do realise this only happened a week ago right? It literally took the same amount of time for them to issue a breach notice for the easiest one they've ever had. If you want to look at other he said, she said incidents (which is what this is), it took 9 months for them to investigate and issue a breach notice to the Dolphins for contract tampering with Deine Mariner.

But keep burying your head in the sand.

Dea

Juniors
While a medical for me is sitting in the Doctors office, would a medical for an NRL player not include demonstrating capacity to run, pass, tackle and be able to take a tackle? Out of necessity, this is done with other players. I can understand that they were doing “medical” checks by putting him in among the squad, with the protective bib on, to ensure he was protected. As Flanno said, maybe they should have done that behind closed doors, but if Volkman and the Warriors had not given indication of any current concern you would act in good faith to act like they did.

St Tangles

Bench
But we announced his signing lol. We're to blame in this mess too. Flanno & webb have pretty much admitted they stuffed up too by saying they've got some learnings to take away from this mess.
They say we stuffed up with the announcement of the signing and by not completing the medical assessment behind closed doors as most reasonable people on here have also stated.

These are the learnings that they will take.

Other than that they correctly state that we ended up at the same outcome as we would have if we held off the announcement and did the same medical testing in the sheds without a player on the books that was damaged before he left the Warriors.

Cheers.

They say we stuffed up with the announcement of the signing and by not completing the medical assessment behind closed doors.

These are the learnings that they will take.

Other than that they correctly state that we ended up at the same outcome as we would have if we held off the announcement and did the same medical testing in the sheds without a player on the books that was damaged before he left the Warriors.

I just can’t bring myself to believe that SGI knew the extent of his injury.

And I re-assessed my criticism of the early announcement and concluded that 99.9% of clubs, being anxious to placate fans, would have done the same thing.

More pressure on SGI than most other clubs because of the difficulties last year, so more prone to “ announcement fever.”

The club is keen to give the perception of progress and change. That things will be different. But of course, they underestimate peoples intelligent skepticism. WT would win a Nobel prize for announcement fever. As I said, Bud is regarded by us as apparently some kind of future immortal!

As I think the progress has to emulate from the existing side by large measure, I’d be more interested in learning of the improvements and new skills players have, how combinations are going, increases in size, strength mobility and reception to instructions etc and the finer points of the arts of our game.

But that stuff isn’t as newsworthy as the orcs trying to rip you off.

Also the youngster in question, he had to know his shoulder was cactus. He wasn’t all that honest I’m afraid.

He was willing to put himself above the teams needs for a fit player.

His name is mud now and his manager is a grubby greedy creep.

Last edited:
The NRL should decommission his manager.

If vdub was successful in hiding stuff, he would get found out pretty quickly and a valuable 2 points would be flushed away.

It costs millions of dollars to put a single NRL game together. Player costs, training, venue, admin, gear and all that.

Everyone is injured somehow but all the players needs to have a level of afequate fitness.

Very selfish of the orcs and team vdub.

I think a more ruthless approach is required.

He turns up here expecting happy payday and da love without so much as being able to throw a pass.

He knew he wasn’t right.

He wastes precious resources of the club which needs every last red cent possible and who knows how many players were missed thanks to his bullshitting.

Anyway, I’m not having it.

If I was Webby I’d be calculating SGI losses and sending him a Letter of Demand.

Id be insisting we get paid before he goes under the knife.

Send him a box of tissues.

Last edited:
He also confirmed he re-injured his shoulder during pre-season training with the Warriors but was cleared of serious injury.

Say no more!

Say no more! Absolutely!

lol, he can’t throw a pass but somehow believes he’s all ok because of what some Orc Witch Doctor muttered at him.

I suppose if he lost a ‘ken leg the warriors would clear him as well:

“ Yuh, he’s good to go flanno, slight niggle…sorry Flanno, lines cutting out, he’ll be on the flight son, great player, future immortal….click”

“Anything to get rid of the problem” they were thinking.

Last edited:

Latest posts