What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volkman & Allan gone

Careful what you wish for
Although I should of added to his resume
Took Parramatta to 2022 grand finals within 60 mins of winning it
We will gladly take 16th spot at the moment.

2000 or so minutes from winning the grand final.

We sacked out gear steward last week Mary can take it up and be a “rookie again”

I remember he came back from that US junket with BJ and announced that.

We understand the club putting Tim on the hospital flight home to England, cancelling his Australian visa, but we still don’t know what crimes the gear steward committed.

Obviously a priority!

Everyone is swept up by change, and we needed it, but I say steady as she goes.

That’s the beauty of becoming a member, you have skin in the game and a free pass to be objective. Get away from the crowd.

All I want for my $80 is for the players to have a bloody go. I won’t push the envelope and expect any actual achievements. Jag a few games.

I’m not delusional.

Last edited:

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
So he chased $250k from us for 2024

Received $200k pay out from Warriors for his 24/25 contract

Was supposedly on $1m for his 3 year contract at NZ ie $333k pa

So he was increasing his 2024 contract by $120k pa by moving to the Dragons and back himself for a bigger 2025 contract by performing well at the Dragons.

He really rolled the dice after saying in the below article that after the contact shoulder to shoulder at the Warriors in December his arm when numb

Volkman comments below:

“I might have to ask my manager, Mario (Tartak). He’s got all the big bucks,” he said.

He also revealed he could face a wait time of “up to a year” because he’s a public patient now. But he will find out more about his surgery on Monday.

The Herald reports that the Warriors paid out Volkman around $200,000 of his deal.

Volkman’s comments come after Dragons coach Shane Flanagan admitted he feels sorry for the up-and-coming playmaker.

He also declared: “All clubs will learn from this one. We definitely will.”

In the squadron interview, Flanno says vdub would have known about it and his strength was “60% down” and he rightly praised the club for “due diligence”

He explained it was an exceptional situation.

Noted that the clubs scans were “not cheap.”

He said he didn’t think vdub “ hid it” as a concession to the kid. A pr comment. Wisely said but not realistic!

Very kind of him -60% is a huge impediment, it’s off the richter scale for a civilian let alone a player. Imagine any of us with the same issues.

With this news, I’ve got little sympathy for vdub. He failed to disclose this impediment that was essential for his game and the dragons.
He should have owned up while in NZ and everything could have been sorted there.

He can play the victim, but he was prepared to put SGI in danger.

He’s the one who needs learnings.

He also cites the loss of the big sponsor as connected to their Westpac merger, but that’s not really enough info.

I’m sorry flanno, it’s not hard to get a major sponsor, if it was, we’d see a lot more clubs in pristine uniform.

It’s a tax deduction for these corporates. There’s nothing Uber generous about it. Ye old tax payer is footing the bill ( like we do everything else!)

But he has to play the pr game, so I’ll let that slip. Not too controversial.

St Tangles

Bench
He also cites the loss of the big sponsor as connected to their Westpac merger, but that’s not really enough info.

I’m sorry flanno, it’s not hard to get a major sponsor, if it was, we’d see a lot more clubs in pristine uniform.

It’s a tax deduction for these corporates. There’s nothing Uber generous about it. Ye old tax payer is footing the bill ( like we do everything else!)

Westpac has taken over StGeorge Bank and they are consolidating their sponsorships nothing more / nothing less.

I'm hearing they may continue on as a minor sponsor but I'm not to sure how much longer that St George bank will be around.

Westpac has taken over StGeorge Bank and they are consolidating their sponsorships nothing more / nothing less.

I'm hearing they may continue on as a minor sponsor but I'm not to sure how much longer that St George bank will be around.
Well even if they consolidating their sponsorships, you’d think SGI would be safe from the axe, even under the westpac logo.

As far as banks go, in my experience, St George and westpac are a lot better than their competitors

Well I bank with St George Bank but would never bank with Westpack mainly because in my early 20s, Westpac mismanaged an international transaction of mine and failed to take responsibility and/or recompense me for the loss I had to suffer.
Sorry to hear that.

Some of my rellies bank cba- you can’t deposit money in their account in cash at a branch if you ain’t a customer.

So you’re trying to help their customer and they turn you away.

it’s just gouging.

Im with another bank. CBA sucks.

RedVee

First Grade

The replacement main sponsor is already in place. Twiggy Foresters Squadron Energy.

The replacement main sponsor is already in place. Twiggy Foresters Squadron Energy.
I thought he was doing under-number

Fair enough.

Maybe hit @Twizzle and @Willow up for a LU magic sponge or mouth guard sponsorship for SGI.

Come on, pull your dusty wallets out LU.

Give something back to us forum filth. We made you the site you are today.

Pony up lads, don’t slink off like the Warriors or Sheensy, its your shout.

We don’t want any industrial action trouble here Sir’s!

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Sorry to hear that.

Some of my rellies bank cba- you can’t deposit money in their account in cash at a branch if you ain’t a customer.

So you’re trying to help their customer and they turn you away.

it’s just gouging.

Im with another bank. CBA sucks.
Part of the money laundering reforms from the banking royal commission

RedVee

First Grade
I thought he was doing under-number

Fair enough.

Maybe hit @Twizzle and @Willow up for a LU magic sponge or mouth guard sponsorship for SGI.

Come on, pull your dusty wallets out LU.

Give something back to us forum filth. We made you the site you are today.

Pony up lads, don’t slink off like the Warriors or Sheensy, its your shout.

We don’t want any industrial action trouble here Sir’s!
Under number in 24, main sponsor from 25

These bureaucrats are out of control.

Supposed to be helping joe and joeline public.

I’m not a money launderer, but if I am going to be treated like one, I may as well give it a go.

If we had a proper Royal Commission, they’d probably close the banks for better options. Go back to building society co-ops.

I suppose vdub didn’t get to open an Australian bank account. He’s lucky.

Last edited:
Under number in 24, main sponsor from 25
Thanks.

We can only hope Twiggy pours in cash like there is no tomorrow.

Not that he’s probably paying much tax now lol.

Green energy, no more hot showers for the lads, cold spas bath and a wind turbines at Win stadium catching coastal breezes.

The bikes in the gym can generate power. Our mob would plunge the city into darkness.

I just hope Rylesy is having a good time in bleak city watching his elite robots run their 100 in 15. 456 flat, carrying bags of wokey mushrooms at the same time.

Munster in for nostril surgery, no getting out of it storm, occasioned under your watch.

There’s the Rylesy, making sure everyone has a tissue and earmuffs for when their man-child coach gets angry at their failed hip drop, chicken drumstick and wrestle mania.

You guys missed a bullet that’s for sure.

Rylesy trying to be like bellyache has to be a gee up. Players will just laugh at him.

“ can’t hear you Rylesy, can you scream a bit louder”

blacksafake

First Grade
I just hope Rylesy is having a good time in bleak city watching his elite robots run their 100 in 15. 456 flat, carrying bags of wokey mushrooms at the same time.

Munster in for nostril surgery, no getting out of it storm, occasioned under your watch.

There’s the Rylesy, making sure everyone has a tissue and earmuffs for when their man-child coach gets angry at their failed hip drop, chicken drumstick and wrestle mania.

You guys missed a bullet that’s for sure.

Rylesy trying to be like bellyache has to be a gee up. Players will just laugh at him.

“ can’t hear you Rylesy, can you scream a bit louder”
Ease up on the coffee mate 😂😂