What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volkman & Allan gone

Lennyb

Juniors
Say no more! Absolutely!

lol, he can’t throw a pass but somehow believes he’s all ok because of what some Orc Witch Doctor muttered at him.

I suppose if he lost a ‘ken leg the warriors would clear him as well:

“ Yuh, he’s good to go flanno, slight niggle…sorry Flanno, lines cutting out, he’ll be on the flight son, great player, future immortal….click”

“Anything to get rid of the problem” they were thinking.
Orc witch doctor, haha. Classic

MugaB

Coach
Ye olde LU has it’s share of scoop junior cub reporters.

A clear example was our good friend @MugaB calling the Jerome Luai departure as far back as October.

Only three months before mainstream.

He should have let Shane Richardson in on it I guess as he was gearing up for the coup.
I wouldn't trust that qldr, he is a great man, and a great operator, but it won't be long before he starts floating the whole " we need to own a bigger market" garbage then try and split the west tigers to fold it into east tigers up in his local Brisbane, he is a very wiley coyote .... watch out for the ACME boxes coming thru
500full-wile-e.-coyote.gif

I wouldn't trust that qldr, he is a great man, and a great operator, but it won't be long before he starts floating the whole " we need to own a bigger market" garbage then try and split the west tigers to fold it into east tigers up in his local Brisbane, he is a very wiley coyote .... watch out for the ACME boxes coming thru
Sure and the Solomon Island side.

I think nofo is on the outer, we will pick up some of his tab. Could be a good Dragon.

You should keep an eye on SGI, a bit going on, happy forum.

MugaB

Coach
Sure and the Solomon Island side.

I think nofo is on the outer, we will pick up some of his tab. Could be a good Dragon.

You should keep an eye on SGI, a bit going on, happy forum.
They should be happy, they have one of the better coaches who was off contract, imagine getting a team of rabble players and mercs in a smallish ready to be relocated suburban club, and turning them into premiers in 2 years....TWO SEASONS!!! 1st time they ever had one too... only acclaim they had was winning an Amco cup!
Thats insane! he didn't get to really kick on coz of all the BS around the asada, (which btw id say is drip fed into the nearby maccas these days anyways)
Dragons should have just promoted him when he was assistant there a few seasons ago imo

Last edited:
They should be happy, they have one of the better coaches who was off contract, imagine getting a team of rabble players and mercs in a smallish ready to be relocated suburban club, and turning them into premiers in 2 years....TWO SEASONS!!! 1st time they ever had one too... only acclaim they had was winning and Amco cup!
Thats insane! he didn't get to really kick on coz of all the BS around the asada, (which btw id say is drip fed into the nearby maccas these days anways)
Dragons should have just promoted him when he was assistant there a few seasons ago imo
Yeah, as you know I’m a Benji skeptic.

Flanno was one of the three coaches us fans really wanted after the Cialdo circus , for the reasons you cite.

Over here we had Deano and Flanno trying to help Mary, but Mary resented the arrangements and it was uncomfortable.

Memory serves, I don’t think Flanno was allowed to coach full time back then.

He did also breach his ban, but since then he’s been foreman material.

He’s been impressive so far, like Benji he’s in the players faces on the park. He’s one of the best media coaches out there too.

The good thing about SGI this year is no external expectation or pressure. It’s an open book, everything is there for the taking.

You called Luai off to the tigers in October, so if you get any SGI insights, fill us in bro.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
You do realise this only happened a week ago right? It literally took the same amount of time for them to issue a breach notice for the easiest one they've ever had. If you want to look at other he said, she said incidents (which is what this is), it took 9 months for them to investigate and issue a breach notice to the Dolphins for contract tampering with Deine Mariner.

But keep burying your head in the sand.
I am burying my head after reading your assumptions and surety re we have breached and straw clutching and can hold my breath for some time You are on your own with this one.
I will come up for plenty of air when the time is right.

I am burying my head after reading your assumptions and surety re we have breached and straw clutching and can hold my breath for some time You are on your own with this one.
I will come up for plenty of air when the time is right.
Lol, please don’t leave us here on the surface on our own!

BLM01

First Grade
Yeah, as you know I’m a Benji skeptic.

Flanno was one of the three coaches us fans really wanted after the Cialdo circus , for the reasons you cite.

Over here we had Deano and Flanno trying to help Mary, but Mary resented the arrangements and it was uncomfortable.

Memory serves, I don’t think Flanno was allowed to coach full time back then.

He did also breach his ban, but since then he’s been foreman material.

He’s been impressive so far, like Benji he’s in the players faces on the park. He’s one of the best media coaches out there too.

The good thing about SGI this year is no external expectation or pressure. It’s an open book, everything is there for the taking.

You called Luai off to the tigers in October, so if you get any SGI insights, fill us in bro.
Just on a side note speaking of Mc85 he knocked backed a full time gig as an assistant with the Cowboys as did not want to relocate supposedly in a 11th hour decision as it was done and dusted...or 1 foot short of the goal line.
They took Maloney instead.
I understand it would be beneath him but it would look worse as the downward spiral on his impeccable resume continues
2015-2020 Head Coach NRL St George Illawarra Dragons sacked
2021 - NSW Blues U 19's Head Coach replaced by Andrew Ryan 3 months afterr getting the gig without coaching a game
2022 Part time assistant consultant Parramatta.then not required replaced by Baz
2022-2023 Assistant to Blues then sacked as lost both series
2024 - Assistant at Cowboys under a young pup in Payten (knocked em back)?
2025 - Media perhaps.. FOX?

Just on a side note speaking of Mc85 he knocked backed a full time gig as an assistant with the Cowboys as did not want to relocate supposedly in a 11th hour decision as it was done and dusted...or 1 foot short of the goal line.
I understand it would be beneath him but it would look worse as the downward spiral on his impeccable resume continues
2021 - NSW Blues U 19's Head Coach replaced by Andrew Ryan 3 months afterr getting the gig without coaching a game
2022 Part time assistant consultant Parramatta.then not required replaced by Baz
One of the dumbest coaches of all time

I remember the SGI Co vid podcasts and Flanno sitting near that window looking disinterested, smiling but not saying very much.

Mary’s death as SGI coach was a long and drawn out affair. I think he will be on the board one day, possibly chair.

He’s just so lucky ….and a good bloke.

He’s also under the grand and chronic delusion that he is effective and a born leader. He thinks hes smart and valuable.

I’ve got nothing personal against
him. He’s just a hopeless guy who always manages to get a gig lol.

It’s miraculous, he’s a f**king icon for village idiots the world over. Stupid triumphs over smart.

“If Mary can make it, then we’ve all got a chance”

I think @Gareth67 said that once and it’s stuck with me.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
I remember the SGI Co vid podcasts and Flanno sitting near that window looking disinterested, smiling but not saying very much.

Mary’s death as SGI coach was a long and drawn out affair. I think he will be on the board one day, possibly chair.

He’s also under the grand and chronic delusion that he is effective and a born leader. He thinks hes smart and valuable.

It’s miraculous, he’s a f**king icon for village idiots the world over. Stupid triumphs over smart.

ZomboMeme 19072019213702.jpg

BLM01

First Grade

Wondering why Flanno did not head hunt him, he was available