What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote with Your Feet.

bartman

Immortal
If boycotting will do that then I am all for it.
That's the point. It actually won't achieve jack...

If individuals want to save their money and not pay for the enertainment of coming to games when we're in bad form, that's their choice.

And if they want to rally in anger just to get something off their chest and feel better, that's their choice too. It doesn't matter whether there's two of you (like last time this happened) or two thousand...

But I seriously doubt boycotting games will change how the current crop of players have performed this year, or how the coach is performing, wherever people prefer to put the blame.

Least of all, boycotting won't make the club/admin/Fitzy sit up and do anything... other than maybe consider moving more games to ANZ or out of Parramatta, if a fan boycott gives them figures that prove that (for whatever reason) we aren't getting good (enough) crowds at our home ground, and that it's still reducing revenue at the pokie palace next door.

Gronk

Staff member
THEY ARENT TRYYYYING, AND i KNOW THIS BECAUSE THEY ARE LOSING TO TEAMS THEY SHOULDNT BE, WHAT DO MANLEY, RAIDERS, TITANS, SOUTHS, HAVE IN COMMON, PASSSSION YOU STILL DONT APPEAR TO UNDERSTAND ACCEPT WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING. BELIEVE IT OR NOT IF THEY WERE LOSING BUT TRYING THEIR WOULD BE NO ISSUE, TRUE.

We were one game from the GF last year and this year we are 7/9. Going bad and struggling for form because we lost our playmaker and our forwards are playing soft.

There are peaks and troughs with every NRL, AFL team etc. We have a quality core group of players and we will turn it around.

I am a Parra supporter 24/7, 365 days. That's who I am.

big boppa eel

Juniors
I bet they wouldn't. Narrow losses albeit putting in and digging deep would hardly satisfy Ram, Tekken Lord & Co.

(To paraphrase and correct me if I'm wrong) A loss is a loss and they demand results. No point in settling for mediocrity.

The results they are after is a premiership. If you comb through their posts they don't even consider that we had a good year last year - even though we got beat in the game before the GF by the eventual winners.
Reading minds again Gronk, well you are wrong of they go down fighting I can take dissapointed with a loss but pleased they had a dig trust me I was their through the 90s, but to lose the way these guys are losing is unacceptable, Gronk answer me what do teams compete spill blood, break bones, for, just in case you dont know because you appear to be a bit confused. Its to do a lap of honour with your teamates maybe your kids have a cry and even high five as many fans as you can and then stand on the podium and accept trophy as the premiers, and Gronk for a lot of fans this would be a dream come true as they may never experience the euphoria and excitement of lining in the streets and the club wearing you colours and feeling proud and emotional and spruiking to your mates about you champion team, if this is a crime then put me away for life I am GUILTY. Why do you make it sound like a crime for fans wanting their team to be the best.:?

Gronk

Staff member
BTW I have been following the eels only for the last 7 years, but I don't see how that would make me any lesser fan than you.

I never questioned anyone when it comes to supporting the club. What I do question is how somebody could threaten to support the club less because they are having a tough trot.

_goParra

Juniors
That's the point. It actually won't achieve jack...

If individuals want to save their money and not pay for the enertainment of coming to games when we're in bad form, that's their choice.

And if they want to rally in anger just to get something off their chest and feel better, that's their choice too. It doesn't matter whether there's two of you (like last time this happened) or two thousand...

But I seriously doubt boycotting games will change how the current crop of players have performed this year, or how the coach is performing, wherever people prefer to put the blame.

Least of all, boycotting won't make the club/admin/Fitzy sit up and do anything... other than maybe consider moving more games to ANZ or out of Parramatta, if a fan boycott gives them figures that prove that (for whatever reason) we aren't getting good (enough) crowds at our home ground, and that it's still reducing revenue at the pokie palace next door.

But the average punter should be able to do something... to vent his frustrations. It is painful to see this club continuously shoot itself on the foot and carry on as if nothing happened.

FTR... I am not boycotting. I am a season ticket holder who has attended a grand total of 3 games this season.... due to uni and work sh*t

big boppa eel

Juniors
Arhh no. To use the most loved quote on the boards go back and read what I said. I said it would be at least an acceptable form of Protest. I still think fans should turn up. If they don't that is their call, the have full reason not to, but I just don't think that are fans when you look at the meaning of the word.

Well I think you are right, it has been a failure, they booked 2 home grown "superstars" and it looks as though it may have effected us poorly. I still think it is a Coaching problem, I just don't think the players want to play for Hagan.
INTERESTING, SO IF THEY DONT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE COACH THEN MAYBE THEY ARE PRECIEVED AS NOT TRYING.:sarcasm:

_goParra

Juniors
I never questioned anyone when it comes to supporting the club. What I do question is how somebody could threaten to support the club less because they are having a tough trot.

Thats the thing... they are not supporting any less. They want to spare themselves wasting money to watch Jarryd Hayne walk in kick returns.

Gronk

Staff member
Reading minds again Gronk, well you are wrong of they go down fighting I can take dissapointed with a loss but pleased they had a dig trust me I was their through the 90s, but to lose the way these guys are losing is unacceptable, Gronk answer me what do teams compete spill blood, break bones, for, just in case you dont know because you appear to be a bit confused. Its to do a lap of honour with your teamates maybe your kids have a cry and even high five as many fans as you can and then stand on the podium and accept trophy as the premiers, and Gronk for a lot of fans this would be a dream come true as they may never experience the euphoria and excitement of lining in the streets and the club wearing you colours and feeling proud and emotional and spruiking to your mates about you champion team, if this is a crime then put me away for life I am GUILTY. Why do you make it sound like a crime for fans wanting their team to be the best.:?

Heart on the sleeve stuff BBE. You should channel that passion AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM !

big boppa eel

Juniors
Gronk I remember when Dean Pay signed with us and he predicted this team will when a comp in the next couple of years, 10 years down the track bubkus, how much longer do you think this "rough trot" will last?

big boppa eel

Juniors
Heart on the sleeve stuff BBE. You should channel that passion AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM !
No matter what a few of you guys think the support is always there, though frustration appears to be overtaking, frustration because I love this club but am sad its massive decline with no light at the end of the tunnel.

bartman

Immortal
But the average punter should be able to do something... to vent his frustrations. It is painful to see this club continuously shoot itself on the foot and carry on as if nothing happened.
Sure, people can do something. They can do whatever they want.

I'm just saying a boycott won't achieve what people seem to be wanting to achieve.

FTR... I am not boycotting. I am a season ticket holder who has attended a grand total of 3 games this season.... due to uni and work sh*t
I hear you, I'm a STH as well. Boycotting is not an option when we've alrerady paid up, and the club won't notice as it's already got our STH money.

But not attending is a personal choice some people might want to make, because they don;t mind wasting the money or decide that with this form there are better things to do. To be honest, if I happened to be offered a date... and it conflicted with the next home game, I might be inclined to choose not to attend the game. (Depends of course on the nature of the date on offer, I do have standards ;-))

Angry_eel

First Grade
How bout we all buy tix on the hill. Put signs on the seats saying 'we're Boycotting' and make sure everyone can see them and then leave.

Stupid i know but just something to think of. :lol:

_goParra

Juniors
How bout we all buy tix on the hill. Put signs on the seats saying 'we're Boycotting' and make sure everyone can see them and then leave.

Stupid i know but just something to think of. :lol:

what hill.....
Even if you did that, your signs would be lost in the maze of advertising boards.;-)