What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote with Your Feet.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
And so will I mate. Don't patronise me like you do to others so often. I just get fed up with fence sitters like yourself and Ant, who really don't have the balls to give it to the team when they deserve it.
I know WHY you don't, but you still get on and defend those that do. To me, it's a soft c**k attitude, and the same attitude that has us where we are. Look at some of Hagans quotes tonight. They are f**king laughable. Imagine Ricky Stuart or Bellamy or Bennett saying sh*t like that?
Some people in life don't like accepting 2nd best. They strive to succeed at the very top level.
If your happy with 2nd or 3rd or 4th or 5th, good luck to you.
I ain't.
Not after 22 years anyway, and not when I know we have a team that can win the comp. Tonight, after all the vitriole we have heard this week, was just pathetic.

Suity

awesome, you speak for the vast majority, and the true Parra fans;-)

number8

Juniors
I don't know if anyone "at" the game noticed but only one team was penalised in the ruck tonight. I watched on the telly (obviously) being in Darwin & it was as influential over the final score as the 2 "close" video ref decisions.

Surely this was a result of the home crowd advantage? Boycotting games will do nothing but invite a reoccurence next round.

I know I wasn't there & it's not my money paying for the tickets, but the crowd was a significant factor in Souths getting up & (I thought) it needed to be pointed out.

Watch the replay & count out the ruck speed. Souths were allowed to hang on all night. We were penalised when we did the same. I'm not saying The penalties against us weren't there. We were lacked the dominance that would allow us that time & deserved to be penalsed. But there were a lot that should have come our way & didn't.

Just watch the first half if you can't hack the whole replay. It's how the momentum initially swung in Souths favour!

Don't boycott though. The only message it will send is that we are only there for our team when they are winning. Surely Moi Moi, Mateo, & Inu deserve better!

salvy71

Juniors
I'd still go to a game this year if I am able to but I won't be busting a gut to get there - it's not a fun way to spend a couple of hours ..........walking home after the Penrith game left me feeling empty - a bit like after you've broken up with a sheila ........so I'm f*cked if I'm gonna force myself to experience that emptiness if I don't have to .
People have a right to be frustrated .....especially when the team isn't having a dig .....i wouldn't go as far as to ask people to stay away ...but i can understand the frustration of the people that do .......kind of a tough love attitude I guess .

walker smith

Juniors
What a pile of self-righteous rubbish!

As as supporter about the only thing you can do sometimes is vote with your pocket. This isn't about Parra losing and fans turning their backs. It's about watching a team of guys who wont put in for 80 minutes. It's about the famous blue and gold jersey being tarnished by awful performances on and off the field. It's about a pompous, arrogant chief executive who embarrasses the club and the fans every time he opens his mouth. It's about 22 years of frustration since our last premiership.

Mate, I had a season ticket through the early 1990's when things were grim. I'd turn up every week just like you and thousands of other Parra supporters. And let me tell you something, I was just as frustrated back then watching a half-baked effort from the Mick Cronin Stand as I was watching the game from my lounge room tonight.

Actually it was worse tonight because the teams of the early 1990's can't compare to the talent in this side. There's something clearly wrong at our club and fans are justly angry. We have a coach who spouts the same rubbish after every game, a chief executive who is more interested in spruiking the $10 roast than saying anything meaningful about our club when being interviewed and a half a million dollars fumbling their way around the footy field.

Parra might well be sitting 1 point out of the top eight after this weekend, but it may as well be 50 points for the way they're playing. If you're looking at that through rose coloured half-full glasses, then good luck to you, camp. Just don't begrudge others who see things a lot differently and want to vent their frustrations.

agree with every single word.

walker smith

Juniors
:clap::clap::clap:
And so will I mate. Don't patronise me like you do to others so often. I just get fed up with fence sitters like yourself and Ant, who really don't have the balls to give it to the team when they deserve it.
I know WHY you don't, but you still get on and defend those that do. To me, it's a soft c**k attitude, and the same attitude that has us where we are. Look at some of Hagans quotes tonight. They are f**king laughable. Imagine Ricky Stuart or Bellamy or Bennett saying sh*t like that?
Some people in life don't like accepting 2nd best. They strive to succeed at the very top level.
I ain't.
Not after 22 years anyway, and not when I know we have a team that can win the comp. Tonight, after all the vitriole we have heard this week, was just pathetic.

Suity

Y2Eel

First Grade
I as an eel fan don't think we can win the comp every season but with the Quality of players we had last season and this season i expect a better effort... The team is responsible the coach is responsible and the CEO in responsible..

The club hasn't won a comp in 22 seasons the Same CEO has been in charge its time for him to give some one else a go..

The coach hasn't had the team preformed well for 2 season the team has not structure we have the quality look a Melbourne we have a team that is just as good as them..

Finally the team they have a standard to perform to just have a look at the eels in the past that hve worn the eels logo on their chest Sterling Kenny Grothe etc and then they think the fans deserve the rubbish they dish out??

Dave Q

Coach
I was fearing this game for ages.

We were dead-set due for a touch-up by your elite.

Our second-string forwards ( Falloon & Geddes) rip into your blokes like they were made of crepe paper.

Our Simpson and Sandow are rookies with less than a handful of games between them. Merritt out of position.

A lot of us think its John Lang, 5 from 5 since he rolled up. Maybe he's an option for you next year.

Not that I dont like Hagan, but on paper, you should have ended our fairy tale with relative ease and made us think that a trip to Hell itself would be a holiday.

Maybe Tim Smith was the difference.

Swing the axe, show no mercy and ffs eels, good luck.

Times are tough when rabbitoh fans are sympathetic, yes, thats what they say.

I dont blame your supporters for being a bit upset.

Its not just Souths, with all of that strike-power, you should have walloped other sides.

Plenty of questions, lets hope there are some answers...

Last edited:

big boppa eel

Juniors
I'm not a fair weather supporter. Sorry but I'm behind them hail rain or shine. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Get behind you f**king team !
Mate you have no idea what you are talking about I have been a supporter for 35 years have spent absolute thousand attending games purchasing merchandise so dont f**ken judge me because I will not put up with these hacks anymore, where do you get off saying we or I should be ashamed you dick head shouldnt it be these f**ken imposters we call a team continue picking up a pay cheque they dont deserve, you seem to have it the wrong way around champ.

I'll still be attending games with Flatch and Dusty.

I mean, we can't get our forthcoming Sack Hagan/Hayne/Tautai signs seen if we're holding them up in my loungeroom, can we?

big boppa eel

Juniors

As as supporter about the only thing you can do sometimes is vote with your pocket. This isn't about Parra losing and fans turning their backs. It's about watching a team of guys who wont put in for 80 minutes. It's about the famous blue and gold jersey being tarnished by awful performances on and off the field. It's about a pompous, arrogant chief executive who embarrasses the club and the fans every time he opens his mouth. It's about 22 years of frustration since our last premiership.

Mate, I had a season ticket through the early 1990's when things were grim. I'd turn up every week just like you and thousands of other Parra supporters. And let me tell you something, I was just as frustrated back then watching a half-baked effort from the Mick Cronin Stand as I was watching the game from my lounge room tonight.

Actually it was worse tonight because the teams of the early 1990's can't compare to the talent in this side. There's something clearly wrong at our club and fans are justly angry. We have a coach who spouts the same rubbish after every game, a chief executive who is more interested in spruiking the $10 roast than saying anything meaningful about our club when being interviewed and a half a million dollars fumbling their way around the footy field.

Parra might well be sitting 1 point out of the top eight after this weekend, but it may as well be 50 points for the way they're playing. If you're looking at that through rose coloured half-full glasses, then good luck to you, camp. Just don't begrudge others who see things a lot differently and want to vent their frustrations.
Thanks for the support mate I also had season tickets in the Cronin era and know what it was like but this knob appears to have a problem with supporters venting their frustrations in various ways. Ant I would have thought the sh*t they have dished up this year is more disgracefull than this VICIOUSE thread:lol:, and what do you think is happening now you wank, whilst you and Gronk are defending them so vigorously these pricks are out getting pissed with the money they didnt earn already forgotten about tonight while we are her pondering and arguing like bitches and you clowns Gronk- Ant defending their honour, give me a f**ken break please.

big boppa eel

Juniors
I ain't.

Suity
DITTO, f**kEN WORDED PERFECTLY, SOME PEOPLE ARE CONTENT TO WAIT ANOTHER 25 YEARS FOR A COMP WHICH WE DONT HAVE BECAUSE IF WE CONTINUE ON THIS PATH, WELL BYE BYE PARRA:)

Hurriflatch

Referee
f**k they make me angry
hayne did nothing all game

All game???????

Hayne has done nothing ALL YEAR

the piece of crap suckered the club into signing him to a long term big $ deal and is now relaxing watching the cheques come in while he slacks off.

I don't know who I'm more angry at Hayne for doing it
or the club for being dumb enough to fall for it

big boppa eel

Juniors
All game???????

Hayne has done nothing ALL YEAR

the piece of crap suckered the club into signing him to a long term big $ deal and is now relaxing watching the cheques come in while he slacks off.

I don't know who I'm more angry at Hayne for doing it
or the club for being dumb enough to fall for it
And on top of that he is whinging playing on the wing to take the focus of his sh*t form, gee these guys must think where idiots, shut you pie hole Jaryd and just f**ken play.

Hurriflatch

Referee
And on top of that he is whinging playing on the wing to take the focus of his sh*t form, gee these guys must think where idiots, shut you pie hole Jaryd and just f**ken play.

Hayne shutting up would be the 1st sign of the apocalypse closely followed by hell freezing over

TheRam

Coach

Excellent post mate. You have stated it perfectly. I for one have suggested voting with our pockets before. Which I have been doing for a couple of years now when I cancelled my football and leagues club memberships.

As for spending money through the gate, I have only been to one game this year, and that is one game to many. I will not visit the club or have anything to do with it anymore under this administration.

I will not go to a Parra game ever again till F*ck Head DF either re-signs, gets sacked, gets voted out or dies. The mob who run our footy team are a bunch of rat bags. They care little about the team or the supporters.

All that they care about is their privileged positions. Well they can have them, but without my hard earned.

22 years for zero. What other CEO in the game can boast that record and still be employed. Your kidding. What a fu*ck head, and some people here still expect all fans to keep rewarding this lot with our time and money.

No F*cking way. They should be paying us for the sh*t that they have served up this year. Piss off you treacherous traitors, you have betrayed all Parra supporters royally.

Gronk

Staff member
Originally Posted by Gronk
I'm not a fair weather supporter. Sorry but I'm behind them hail rain or shine. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Get behind you f**king team !

Mate you have no idea what you are talking about I have been a supporter for 35 years have spent absolute thousand attending games purchasing merchandise so dont f**ken judge me because I will not put up with these hacks anymore, where do you get off saying we or I should be ashamed you dick head shouldnt it be these f**ken imposters we call a team continue picking up a pay cheque they dont deserve, you seem to have it the wrong way around champ.

Well you've shown your fickle colours. Nobody said they were happy with the performances but if you plan to bail out just because 2009 has gone pear shaped then maybe we are better off without you.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Well you've shown your fickle colours. Nobody said they were happy with the performances but if you plan to bail out just because 2009 has gone pear shaped then maybe we are better off without you.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Yes Gronk you probably are better of without heaven for bid a disgruntled Eels fan and obviously you are planning ahead as it is 08, though deep down you know what is going to be dished up in 09, and mate if you think I am fickle you obviously need to get some reading lessons, and what do you say to all the other forumites that share my view, or am I just an easy target being one of the newer people on this forum, either way mate bring it on I voiced an opinion if you dont like at least make some sense in your defence of this team and not the dribble you and Ant have carried on with as you have really made no valid points regarding this discussions.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I can cop bagging the coach, I can cop spraying the players, I can cop hating the CEO and any other staff member...but the moment you choose to stop supporting this club is the moment you should consider walking away forever...if you want to do that than f**k off out of the trench's we don't want you here....

Gronk

Staff member
Yes Gronk you probably are better of without heaven for bid a disgruntled Eels fan and obviously you are planning ahead as it is 08, though deep down you know what is going to be dished up in 09, and mate if you think I am fickle you obviously need to get some reading lessons, and what do you say to all the other forumites that share my view, or am I just an easy target being one of the newer people on this forum, either way mate bring it on I voiced an opinion if you dont like at least make some sense in your defence of this team and not the dribble you and Ant have carried on with as you have really made no valid points regarding this discussions.

No you're entitled to your opinions and yes you're entitled not go the games anymore. Do what you want.

After being a STH since 1986 I can say that I've seen fans like you come and go in their thousands. Turn up when we are going good and disappear when they're not.

Off you go. Vote with your feet and don't go to the games cos they are going bad. Don't worry, the real fans will still be there when you chose to come back when they are winning again.

I ain't.

Suity

If we are going to resort to name calling.

You want to talk about soft c**ks, the real soft c**k attitude is to pull up stumps and walk away from something you enjoy because it isn't going the way you want. Massive Softcock seem to think that their lack of attendance is a meaningful symbol. When in reality is it just a sign of weeknees.

Now I can come to the party that the sides performance was terrible. I can understand people are upset, but I can not come to the party with those that say "I won't go because they are not winning" It is the ultimate soft c**k attitude. As Stagger said if you don't want to fight the get the hell out of the trenches.

But as for Criticising the team. You haven't heard what I have said about them, what I continue to say about them, and what I believe could, should and will happen in the next 6 months.

You Stated elsewhere that you had no hope. That is a perfectly valid opinion for those who were sitting at home i guess, but for those of us at the game, in among the dissapointment was some whispers of hope.

I had a discussion with a Radom bloke where I was sitting who said "I won't renew my tickets next year" I tapped him on the arm and said, mate buy the tickets next year because if and when this turns around, you will want those seats back.

So in closing, You don't know where I sit on the position because I haven't stated, and all you are doing is making an assumption to go out and have a spary. Do you fell better now? Softcock.