What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote with Your Feet.

big boppa eel

Juniors
I can cop bagging the coach, I can cop spraying the players, I can cop hating the CEO and any other staff member...but the moment you choose to stop supporting this club is the moment you should consider walking away forever...if you want to do that than f**k off out of the trench's we don't want you here....
Stagger I dont give a sh*t what you connections to the club are, I have read similar thread to mine in the past and all of a sudden you and a couple of your cronies are offended, well and good, though let me finish by saying is this club is what keeps me going when I am down or going through a difficult time in life as we all do and if i lost my club a big part of who i am would dissapear forever, but this is how i am feeling at the moment along with many others, so please dont judge me or my loyalty to this club, so if and when these hacks start performing and respect the club the way we all do then they may get some of the support, if they showed the same loyalty as we do they would be winning more games than losing , so please dont tell me to f**k off out of the trenches because Im sure I have been their just as long as you if not longer though probably without the connections, it just make you look silly, Im sure you have some retort so go for it champ. and ps dont speak for others as in WE dont want you here people have their own voice.

big boppa eel

Juniors
No you're entitled to your opinions and yes you're entitled not go the games anymore. Do what you want.

After being a STH since 1986 I can say that I've seen fans like you come and go in their thousands. Turn up when we are going good and disappear when they're not.

Off you go. Vote with your feet and don't go to the games cos they are going bad. Don't worry, the real fans will still be there when you chose to come back when they are winning again.
You know nothing about me, and therfor not worth commenting any further.

big boppa eel

Juniors
If we are going to resort to name calling.

You want to talk about soft c**ks, the real soft c**k attitude is to pull up stumps and walk away from something you enjoy because it isn't going the way you want. Massive Softcock seem to think that their lack of attendance is a meaningful symbol. When in reality is it just a sign of weeknees.

Now I can come to the party that the sides performance was terrible. I can understand people are upset, but I can not come to the party with those that say "I won't go because they are not winning" It is the ultimate soft c**k attitude. As Stagger said if you don't want to fight the get the hell out of the trenches.

But as for Criticising the team. You haven't heard what I have said about them, what I continue to say about them, and what I believe could, should and will happen in the next 6 months.

You Stated elsewhere that you had no hope. That is a perfectly valid opinion for those who were sitting at home i guess, but for those of us at the game, in among the dissapointment was some whispers of hope.

I had a discussion with a Radom bloke where I was sitting who said "I won't renew my tickets next year" I tapped him on the arm and said, mate buy the tickets next year because if and when this turns around, you will want those seats back.

So in closing, You don't know where I sit on the position because I haven't stated, and all you are doing is making an assumption to go out and have a spary. Do you fell better now? Softcock.
Mark the fact is they are not winning because they are NOT TRYING, this is the clincher here if you could visibly see they were trying but not getting the rub of the green you could live with that but this is not the case.

Mark the fact is they are not winning because they are NOT TRYING, this is the clincher here if you could visibly see they were trying but not getting the rub of the green you could live with that but this is not the case.

So Blokes like Hindmarsh, Hayne, Inu, arn't trying, is that right?

TheRam

Coach
I'm sorry guys but I think that you have it all wrong. I think that the real supporters are the ones that will not tolerate crap week in week out, year in year out. And the only way to really make a point, when the fu*ck heads who run the place don't want to listen, to take it the the next level, is to boycott them where it hurts. That is in the hip pocket.

We are not the hangers on who will tolerate a bad relationship forever. We demand and expect results that lead to premiership success from the most powerful club in Sydney on so many levels. To except anything else is akin to rewarding fools and losers.

That does not make sense to people who are not connected to the club or players, and therefore we are objective and can make the truly painful decision to withdraw any monetary rewards. Just like a parent who would if their child was addicted to drugs. Well Parra is addicted to failure.

big boppa eel

Juniors
So Blokes like Hindmarsh, Hayne, Inu, arn't trying, is that right?
Hindmarsh is our heart and soul, and I see Hayne do more whinging than playing at the moment and Inu probaly needs a couple of more games under his belt, you mentioned 3 players so I am assuming you feel the rest arent trying, I rest my case.

Hindmarsh is our heart and soul, and I see Hayne do more whinging than playing at the moment and Inu probaly needs a couple of more games under his belt, you mentioned 3 players so I am assuming you feel the rest arent trying, I rest my case.

No I am only bring out three players mentioned in the honourable mention thread. I think that the side is being wielded incorrectly, from interchange strategy to selection, but I think they are trying. If you don't that is your opinion.

big boppa eel

Juniors
No I am only bring out three players mentioned in the honourable mention thread. I think that the side is being wielded incorrectly, from interchange strategy to selection, but I think they are trying. If you don't that is your opinion.
I do agree that Hagans interchange methods and some selections are poor.

big boppa eel

Juniors
I'm sorry guys but I think that you have it all wrong. I think that the real supporters are the ones that will not tolerate crap week in week out, year in year out. And the only way to really make a point, when the fu*ck heads who run the place don't want to listen, to take it the the next level, is to boycott them where it hurts. That is in the hip pocket.

We are not the hangers on who will tolerate a bad relationship forever. We demand and expect results that lead to premiership success from the most powerful club in Sydney on so many levels. To except anything else is akin to rewarding fools and losers.

That does not make sense to people who are not connected to the club or players, and therefore we are objective and can make the truly painful decision to withdraw any monetary rewards. Just like a parent who would if their child was addicted to drugs. Well Parra is addicted to failure.
Well f**k off out of the trenches you fickle prick, nah just kidding mate I agree with what you are saying, some people on this site will go off delux if heaven forbid if you r sick of your team losing when they are supposed to be a threat :lol: I for one will not cop mediocrity anymore and for that I have copped an absolute sh*t load for pretty much sharing your opinion along with many others.

Suitman

Post Whore

You want to talk about soft c**ks, the real soft c**k attitude is to pull up stumps and walk away from something you enjoy because it isn't going the way you want. Massive Softcock seem to think that their lack of attendance is a meaningful symbol. When in reality is it just a sign of weeknees.

Now I can come to the party that the sides performance was terrible. I can understand people are upset, but I can not come to the party with those that say "I won't go because they are not winning" It is the ultimate soft c**k attitude. As Stagger said if you don't want to fight the get the hell out of the trenches.

But as for Criticising the team. You haven't heard what I have said about them, what I continue to say about them, and what I believe could, should and will happen in the next 6 months.

You Stated elsewhere that you had no hope. That is a perfectly valid opinion for those who were sitting at home i guess, but for those of us at the game, in among the dissapointment was some whispers of hope.

I had a discussion with a Radom bloke where I was sitting who said "I won't renew my tickets next year" I tapped him on the arm and said, mate buy the tickets next year because if and when this turns around, you will want those seats back.

So in closing, You don't know where I sit on the position because I haven't stated, and all you are doing is making an assumption to go out and have a spary. Do you fell better now? Softcock.

Once again, you got it wrong.
I said you had a softcock attitude.
I didn't call you a softcock.
Two completely different things. You based your whole reply on the premise that you were name called, which you weren't, so your post becomes irrelevant.

Read things properly in future Mark, or not at all.

As it turned out, you actually started the name calling.

Suity

COACH STERLING

Juniors

The problem is some of our backs keep trying to do the work of the forwards. Our Forwards are a bunch of useless hacks

Bigfella

Coach
Anyone who posts regularly in here has it too bad to walk away.

I woke up this morning saying I will never drink again too ... about as likely as these blokes giving up on the Eels!

JOB 3:14

Juniors
I'm not a fair weather supporter. Sorry but I'm behind them hail rain or shine. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Get behind you f**king team !

Hey Gronk open your eyes. It's plainly obvious that these guys could't give a rats (except for Hindmarsh/Cayless). If we had a no names team, like back in the early nineties i would be there to support them every game, just like i did back then. It's not the fact that they are losing, it's the fact they are squandering their talent and buying into their own bullsh*t. You don't go and support that my friend.

Once again, you got it wrong.
I said you had a softcock attitude.
I didn't call you a softcock.
Two completely different things. You based your whole reply on the premise that you were name called, which you weren't, so your post becomes irrelevant.

Read things properly in future Mark, or not at all.

As it turned out, you actually started the name calling.

Suity

What a complete Soft c**k answer. Saying someone is a soft c**k or the have a soft c**k attitude is one and the same.

Stagger eel

Staff member
thumbnail.aspx

this thread is brought to you by.....

barney gumble

Juniors
I can understand the frustration, but you need to keep supporting your club because without us the club won't exist.

Whinge, bitch, moan and complain, these are our rights as fans. But always support the club, become a member and get to the games.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What a pile of self-righteous rubbish!

As as supporter about the only thing you can do sometimes is vote with your pocket. This isn't about Parra losing and fans turning their backs. It's about watching a team of guys who wont put in for 80 minutes. It's about the famous blue and gold jersey being tarnished by awful performances on and off the field. It's about a pompous, arrogant chief executive who embarrasses the club and the fans every time he opens his mouth. It's about 22 years of frustration since our last premiership.

Mate, I had a season ticket through the early 1990's when things were grim. I'd turn up every week just like you and thousands of other Parra supporters. And let me tell you something, I was just as frustrated back then watching a half-baked effort from the Mick Cronin Stand as I was watching the game from my lounge room tonight.

Actually it was worse tonight because the teams of the early 1990's can't compare to the talent in this side. There's something clearly wrong at our club and fans are justly angry. We have a coach who spouts the same rubbish after every game, a chief executive who is more interested in spruiking the $10 roast than saying anything meaningful about our club when being interviewed and a half a million dollars fumbling their way around the footy field.

Parra might well be sitting 1 point out of the top eight after this weekend, but it may as well be 50 points for the way they're playing. If you're looking at that through rose coloured half-full glasses, then good luck to you, camp. Just don't begrudge others who see things a lot differently and want to vent their frustrations.
Great post, in the mid 90's our team at least had a dig. These guys just don't seem to care.

fish eel

Immortal

With respect Mark, bullsh*t.

I'll back up at the next home game, but f**k, I can understand why one wouldnt, and why people would want to vote with their feet.

This is not 1995 where we had a terrible squad.

This is a squad brimming with talent, who should be top 4 material, but will miss the finals.

To me, its not about results or things not going our way. If it was, I would have jumped ship in the 90s. Its about effort, committment, pride in jersey.

Why should any supporter be belittled, be called a softcock, be called a fairweather fan, for not wanting to go and watch a bunch of highly paid softcocks who have demonstrated, to be frank, they dont really care to much about the jersey?

Choosing NOT to go to game doesnt mean abandoning the club. Rather, it can be a way to send message to the players you're not happy with their effort, and to the admin that you are not happy with the direction the club is going.

I will go to the next home game. But I will be thinking long and hard before renewing a season ticket for next year. I probably will, but it will get much more thought than normal

Gronk

Staff member
Originally Posted by Gronk
I'm not a fair weather supporter. Sorry but I'm behind them hail rain or shine. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Get behind you f**king team !
Hey Gronk open your eyes. It's plainly obvious that these guys could't give a rats (except for Hindmarsh/Cayless). If we had a no names team, like back in the early nineties i would be there to support them every game, just like i did back then. It's not the fact that they are losing, it's the fact they are squandering their talent and buying into their own bullsh*t. You don't go and support that my friend.

What you say about recruitment and effort is obvious. I don't like what's been happening out there, but that doesn't mean I'll be abandoning my team.

I'll back my team no matter what. You come back when we're winning, I'll still be here.