What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Panthers

ozbash

Referee
I think I speak for Warriors fans to say it's just embarrassing to be following this Club.

that's one of the good things about living in the Mediterranean Descendant wops..

the cows don't say a word !

warrior poet

Juniors
i personally think this loss was a good thing... i've been expecting it for a while, hopefully it is the kick that they need to play to there potential. It could be a turning point for them. However a few players do need to lose there spot in the team... fish, tuimavave, packer, rapira, lillyman, johnson, henry, lowrie... only problem is who do we replace them with (when are locke and neilsen back?), maybe play a few vulcans and juniors next week instead of the top squad so that they realise that they need to earn there position in the team and that it should be an honour to play in the nrl!

next weeks team
1. ngataua hukutai
2. ngani laumape
3. dominique peyroux
4. david fusitua
5. Atelea Nafetalai
6. tuimoala lolohea
7. harry seijka
8. charlie gubb
9. siliva havili
10.albert vete
11.adam tuimavave-gerard
12.agnatius paasi
13.david bhana (c)

14.michael sio
15.daniel palavi
16.tangi ropati
17.murray iti

who knows they may go better than last nights team!

Micistm

Bench
that's one of the good things about living in the Mediterranean Descendant wops..

the cows don't say a word !

:lol:Yeah, it's alright for you Oz, you get to work in the morning and your workmates go 'moo', the rest of us are going to cop serious shit in the morning

. It could be a turning point for them. However a few players do need to lose there spot in the team... fish, tuimavave, packer, rapira, lillyman, johnson, henry, lowrie... only problem is who do we replace them with (when are locke and neilsen back?),

Problem is pretty sure they still get paid, which is what a few seemed to care about last night.

Micistm

Bench
Problem is pretty sure they still get paid, which is what a few seemed to care about last night.

That's the sad thing- It's becoming more apparent most don't care all that much- They're happy to get paid to play league for a living, enjoy the celebrity status it brings in a small country...but just treat it like a 9 to 5. After the game, it's clock out and who cares time. Maybe that's harsh, but it certainly seems like that and has for years.

For what its worth...Mannering is not a leader and needs to go IMO. He is not an inspirational type and if there is no leadership on the field then this is a big issue for the club.

You guys need to bite the bullet and buy a big name player...it is great to have the depth of juniors to bring into the side but at the end of the day there is no game breaker in the mould of Carney, Thurston etc that can set the team up when on attack or games are close.

Recycled players in Lowrie, Neilsen and Lillyman add nothing and will not improve so either ditch them and bring in the young guys or perservere with mediocre results.

Elliott is strangling the club IMO and the only solution is to clean out the roster for 2014 and start with a new game plan.

Mike0070

Juniors
Shaun Johnson embarrassed to be be pulled.

What Getting hooked with half an hour to play in Saturday night's record thrashing at the hands of Penrith is the most embarrassing moment in Shaun Johnson's NRL career.

The 22-year-old halfback made the frank admission after being pulled from the field by coach Matt Elliott in the 49th minute of the 62-6 belting - the biggest defeat in Warriors' history.

It is the first time Johnson has failed to finish a match since his debut season, when he was benched late in games to protect his fragile frame.

The New Zealand international was furious at the decision, angrily looking up at the coach's box before being calmed down by teammate Feleti Mateo.

"Just got pulled. No injury. Just got subbed," a downcast Johnson said afterwards.

"Being a halfback, it's probably the most embarrassing thing that can happen.

"No, I wasn't too happy. But that's what happened.

"That's how it went, I've just got to move forward.

"... I got taken off in my third game.

"But that's certainly the first time like that, that early in the game as well.

"It's not the best feeling that's for sure."

Elliott refused to discuss the shock benching after the match and Johnson said he had been offered no explanation.

But Johnson said it was something he planned on talking to the coach about in the coming days.

"No [explanation]. Nothing," he said.

"Look, he made his decision. I went with it.

"And I'm sure he made it for what he felt was best for the team."

what ever

Juniors
OMG Johnson it has been coming for a long time, but everyone is worried about how you will take it (your ego). Accept it, own it and learn from it.

You are missing in action about 60 minutes of the game on average. Usually there the first ten - and then not seen again until the last 10 minutes which is usually to late for the team.
I read an article in the herald after one of your games a week or so ago with you so proud of your game and about how the boys actually patted you on the back a lot during that game because you did well. Nothing flash, just played the game. HELLO if that's not telling you that you haven't been part of the team, and the frustration that they are having with you.

You have been around for a few years now so stop acting like a spoilt only child and own up.

One Warrior

Bench
Shaun Johnson embarrassed to be be pulled.

What Getting hooked with half an hour to play in Saturday night's record thrashing at the hands of Penrith is the most embarrassing moment in Shaun Johnson's NRL career.

The 22-year-old halfback made the frank admission after being pulled from the field by coach Matt Elliott in the 49th minute of the 62-6 belting - the biggest defeat in Warriors' history.

It is the first time Johnson has failed to finish a match since his debut season, when he was benched late in games to protect his fragile frame.

The New Zealand international was furious at the decision, angrily looking up at the coach's box before being calmed down by teammate Feleti Mateo.

"Just got pulled. No injury. Just got subbed," a downcast Johnson said afterwards.

"Being a halfback, it's probably the most embarrassing thing that can happen.

"No, I wasn't too happy. But that's what happened.

"That's how it went, I've just got to move forward.

"... I got taken off in my third game.

"But that's certainly the first time like that, that early in the game as well.

"It's not the best feeling that's for sure."

Elliott refused to discuss the shock benching after the match and Johnson said he had been offered no explanation.

But Johnson said it was something he planned on talking to the coach about in the coming days.

"No [explanation]. Nothing," he said.

"Look, he made his decision. I went with it.

"And I'm sure he made it for what he felt was best for the team."

For f**ks sake Johnson get over yourself, the reason you were pulled is because you and the rest of team were playing like crap and Elliott can't pull the whole team can he. The whole team needs to get an attitude adjustment and pull their fingers out.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
If there is 1 positive for you guys, it is that history suggests in recent times a team getting flogged comes out and wins the next week

spear tackle

Juniors
If he can't figure out why he got benched and needs an explanation from the coach he's not the sharpest tool in the shed is he?
I was actually laughing at this lot by the second half ,it was either that or kicking the tv in and since we were visiting my folks I doubt they would have liked that one too much.

Micistm

Bench
If he can't figure out why he got benched and needs an explanation from the coach he's not the sharpest tool in the shed is he?
I was actually laughing at this lot by the second half ,it was either that or kicking the tv in and since we were visiting my folks I doubt they would have liked that one too much.

I must admit by the end I was just thinking it was funny. TBH the only thing that made me mad was the fact we got a last minute try, a typical thing in Warriors floggings. They deserved the zilching

Johnson "me no get??? Why Mateo?":sarcasm:
f**k me.
Will he get it after the video review?
Vulcanise him till he gets it.

Interesting fact, every team except one (roosters) lost the following week after beating us so far this year.
(Cowboys won after us, but did lose to us)

Latest posts