What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

MugaB

Coach
Our potential lies between what is and what could be.” - Kim Butler

one day nrl may wake up to this
Insert here 10 year old picture of double header at perth and crowd figure to drum home the idea of a Nrl franchise in WA

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
ir was only 4 years ago. If you’re going to try and be clever it’s smart to be factual otherwise you just come off as a merkin.
I am a merkin... im not afraid of it, nor am i ashamed of it... transparency is keyimages.jpeg-7.jpg
Btw it was 5 years ago, since this season is now done and dusted.. but yeah might be 10 by the time perth gets a shot.. lets go with it

....AND back to the bears

Perth Red

Post Whore
I cannot see it happening. North Sydney Bears are too stubborn and deluded to do what needs to be done to get the deal across the line.
It’s a good test of how desperate they are to be strongly linked back to the big time. Either they accept not owning the club, or they will step back and wait again.
if that happens Nrl needs to hand the region over to roosters then they might finally realise they aren’t coming back.

MugaB

Coach
It’s a good test of how desperate they are to be strongly linked back to the big time. Either they accept not owning the club, or they will step back and wait again.
if that happens Nrl needs to hand the region over to roosters then they might finally realise they aren’t coming back.
Thats actually a good idea... you want to hold the licence?? Give up the junior territory/comps to sea eagles and roosters
(The BIRDS!) Obviously after a few years... then you'll have the whole state of WA to pluck from

None of our administrators have done what needs to be done with the Bears' district. I'd give it to the Roosters as it's a well run club that knows how to get results.

Perth Red

Post Whore
None of our administrators have done what needs to be done with the Bears' district. I'd give it to the Roosters as it's a well run club that knows how to get results.
Roosters certainly have the funds to do it and merging the two jnr districts would make sense. Bears are roosters feeder club now anyway so already half way there. Demographics fit well with the white collar roosters and allianz is only a short trip away. All makes perfect sense really. WC Pirates can partner with a QRL club for development pathways.

Roosters certainly have the funds to do it and merging the two jnr districts would make sense. Bears are roosters feeder club now anyway so already half way there. Demographics fit well with the white collar roosters and allianz is only a short trip away. All makes perfect sense really. WC Pirates can partner with a QRL club for development pathways.
Ipswich Jets and the new Toowoomba team would be good for the Pirates. Possibly Souths Logan Magpies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ipswich Jets and the new Toowoomba team would be good for the Pirates. Possibly Souths Logan Magpies.
Yeh any of them would do, and then mounties in nsw cup. Just follow the Storm model but we’d also have an ever growing wc pirates nsw cup hm and sg ball, for local development as well. Chuck in a PNG partnership on top and we could be one of the biggest developers of nrl talent within a decade!

MugaB

Coach
Yeh any of them would do, and then mounties in nsw cup. Just follow the Storm model but we’d also have an ever growing wc pirates nsw cup hm and sg ball, for local development as well. Chuck in a PNG partnership on top and we could be one of the biggest developers of nrl talent within a decade!
OR..... link with the bears 12 games in perth, 2 trials at NSO (should be SFS, but hey give them that at least)

Perth Red

Post Whore
OR..... link with the bears 12 games in perth, 2 trials at NSO (should be SFS, but hey give them that at least)
Problem is you are then continuing to dilute talent in sydney whilst leaving under serviced regions without Strong direct pathways. Better NS feeds Roosters and Perth link up with other areas imo.
However License to be owned by new company, at least 11 games in perth, change of brand to represent WA and I’ll be first in line for a WA Bears membership.

MugaB

Coach
Problem is you are then continuing to dilute talent in sydney whilst leaving under serviced regions without Strong direct pathways. Better NS feeds Roosters and Perth link up with other areas imo.
However License to be owned by new company, at least 11 games in perth, change of brand to represent WA and I’ll be first in line for a WA Bears membership.
Fück the Roosters!! Perth should be getting the best talent that is currently not being used... and if the bears are the 18th side out of perth then NS region feeds them.. over time WA also gets set and they both feed them... roosters are a joke..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fück the Roosters!! Perth should be getting the best talent that is currently not being used... and if the bears are the 18th side out of perth then NS region feeds them.. over time WA also gets set and they both feed them... roosters are a joke..
I thought no one played RL in ns anymore and they all became swans fans? Isn’t it more likely NS would just be out competing with the other 9 clubs to sign the best 16-18 year olds from across Sydney? adding a pseudo 10th club to the Sydney pool doesn’t seem very smart?

MugaB

Coach
I thought no one played RL in ns anymore and they all became swans fans? Isn’t it more likely NS would just be out competing with the other 9 clubs to sign the best 16-18 year olds from across Sydney? adding a pseudo 10th club to the Sydney pool doesn’t seem very smart?
That already happens.. its not like they aren't feeding the roosters

Latest posts