What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Wb1234

Referee
when youve got sht loads of money you can invest it in long term projects that have little short term gain but ultimately deliver your strategic goals. I know this is far too complex a proposition for a simple person like you to understand
That’s why the afl don’t have any money now. Stupid vanity projects

the problem is they are stuck funding those lemons forever hoping for a miracle things turn around

compare that to vlandys adding a team with an asset base of 100 million and has promised to increase junior spending by around 2 million pa

Colk

First Grade
Wait till we get stadium get upgrades

Hopefully you are right. Not all teams are going to benefit though. I expect the Panthers will continually increase their crowds with their new stadium. Souths might if they go back to the SFS and Manly might as well, although Brookvale’s location is a bit of a problem.

I don’t see a massive increase or even a solution for the Dogs, Tigers, Saints and the Sharks unless they are all getting 30k stadiums.

In any case, didn’t you argue earlier and I quote ‘attendances mean s***’ when I suggested that crowds were higher for Adelaide and Perth than other sides when they were in the competition.

I’ll let you twist yourself in knots though

Colk

First Grade

the problem is they are stuck funding those lemons forever hoping for a miracle things turn around

compare that to vlandys adding a team with an asset base of 100 million and has promised to increase junior spending by around 2 million pa

Hopefully they keep losing money

Pippen94

First Grade
Hopefully you are right. Not all teams are going to benefit though. I expect the Panthers will continually increase their crowds with their new stadium. Souths might if they go back to the SFS and Manly might as well, although Brookvale’s location is a bit of a problem.

I don’t see a massive increase or even a solution for the Dogs, Tigers, Saints and the Sharks unless they are all getting 30k stadiums.

In any case, didn’t you argue earlier and I quote ‘attendances mean s***’ when I suggested that crowds were higher for Adelaide and Perth than other sides when they were in the competition.

I’ll let you twist yourself in knots though

Attendance's mean shit but ur always harping about them

Pfft it is not like every game in Sydney is getting massive crowds. The way you talk sometimes you would think that we are getting the same crowds in NRL as fumbleball do in Melbourne
Tonight I saw my Cowboys flog the shit out of the Storm in front of a sold out Townsville Stadium. Then I saw the top of the table Panthers flog the Roosters at a near empty SCG. Sydney's claim to being the heartland of the game cannot be taken seriously when a blockbuster match between its two most successful clubs of the modern era has the drawing power of two no name featherweight boxers while North Queensland vs Melbourne draws a sell out crowd like Mohammed Ali vs Mike Tyson.

To be fair, PVL was able to add a rich BRL club because the NSWRL/ARL!/NRL neglected the game in Brisbane since 1988. We need Easts Tigers at some stage to cover the southern Brisbane area with a team. It's ridiculous that AwFuL and The Oi League have the only professional football clubs in southern Brisbane.

Colk

First Grade
Tonight I saw my Cowboys flog the shit out of the Storm in front of a sold out Townsville Stadium. Then I saw the top of the table Panthers flog the Roosters at a near empty SCG. Sydney's claim to being the heartland of the game cannot be taken seriously when a blockbuster match between its two most successful clubs of the modern era has the drawing power of two no name featherweight boxers while North Queensland vs Melbourne draws a sell out crowd like Mohammed Ali vs Mike Tyson.

Roosters aren’t popular. That is essentially the reason why

Wb1234

Referee
This is one of the most biased comparisons I’ve seen. Well done lol

the cows have been a rabble since 2016 and now they are starting to come good you are saying their crowds are amazing

They should be average 20k plus. a week with that new stadium and no competition from afl or union or soccer

Wb1234

Referee
To be fair, PVL was able to add a rich BRL club because the NSWRL/ARL!/NRL neglected the game in Brisbane since 1988. We need Easts Tigers at some stage to cover the southern Brisbane area with a team. It's ridiculous that AwFuL and The Oi League have the only professional football clubs in southern Brisbane.
Mistake arl made was not adding easts instead of the broncos.

same in Newcastle the license should’ve gone to wests from the start than the knights

the arl faced opposition from the qrl and crl but taking strong clubs from the local comp was the way to go

This is one of the most biased comparisons I’ve seen. Well done lol

the cows have been a rabble since 2016 and now they are starting to come good you are saying their crowds are amazing

They should be average 20k plus. a week with that new stadium and no competition from afl or union or soccer
Cowboys made the 2017 GF.

How do you explain the Roosters shit crowds when they're based in the CBD of Australia's largest city and been successful for the best part of 20 years?

Why should a regional city with a population of 180k draw 20k when a successful team from the CBD of Australia's largest city is lucky to pull 12k?

If Sydney is an RL city and the heartland of the game then the Roosters would sell out the SCG.

Roosters aren’t popular. That is essentially the reason why
How come Penrith fans didn't travel to the SCG?

A few months ago MugaB said public transport from Penrith to the CBD is very fast and accessible.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach

How do you explain the Roosters shit crowds when they're based in the CBD of Australia's largest city and been successful for the best part of 20 years?

Why should a regional city with a population of 180k draw 20k when a successful team from the CBD of Australia's largest city is lucky to pull 12k?

If Sydney is an RL city and the heartland of the game then the Roosters would sell out the SCG.

A few months ago MugaB said public transport from Penrith to the CBD is very fast and accessible.
SCG is a shithole, Roosters fans are a myth... end of story...
The fact that foxsports still running stories about that loser team, getting beat by the premiers while the roosters are "in form" shows the dumb mentality of news lmt
The constant talk up of the roosters baffles me, they were beaten easily last nite, yet a sualli tackle on kikau is the focus of the day... wow... i loved the cowboys win too great for the game... too bad this friday night they might get beat, coz im enjoying paytens team play.. hopefully you'll see a better crowd come this friday...
Beating up on sydney crowds is dependent on who they are where there playing and what time slot, there's really no defence on penrith fans travelling to SCG, and i saw some in the crowd, but there wasn't many Roosters fans either... trouble is there never really is... ive said it many times before the game wouldn't miss them, and no one is walking the streets if they were removed

Colk

First Grade
SCG is a shithole, Roosters fans are a myth... end of story...
The fact that foxsports still running stories about that loser team, getting beat by the premiers while the roosters are "in form" shows the dumb mentality of news lmt
The constant talk up of the roosters baffles me, they were beaten easily last nite, yet a sualli tackle on kikau is the focus of the day... wow... i loved the cowboys win too great for the game... too bad this friday night they might get beat, coz im enjoying paytens team play.. hopefully you'll see a better crowd come this friday...
Beating up on sydney crowds is dependent on who they are where there playing and what time slot, there's really no defence on penrith fans travelling to SCG, and i saw some in the crowd, but there wasn't many Roosters fans either... trouble is there never really is... ive said it many times before the game wouldn't miss them, and no one is walking the streets if they were removed

Hey MugaB. It is essentially money and the power of Politis - that is the reason why the Roosters are so successful and why they are media darlings

You guys are letting GROTD twist the conversation into what he talks about in every thread.
It happens across this whole sub section of LU, and beyond.
He has some fair points but when every thread gets twisted this way it destroys the conversation at hand.
Just saying, ok.

MugaB

Coach
Hey MugaB. It is essentially money and the power of Politis - that is the reason why the Roosters are so successful and why they are media darlings
Well its insulting that moron from logan, keeps hinting that sydney crowds are shithouse, insinuating that its a sydney issue, when its individual clubs issue, Penrith and Parramatta doesn't have too many issues attracting crowds, but again they are both playing well, im sure if the dogs and tigers weren't so poor they'd be pulling too, again its cyclical on form, and comparing an one town interstate club who are insular to a one city that has 9 clubs is poor

Colk

First Grade
Well its insulting that moron from logan, keeps hinting that sydney crowds are shithouse, insinuating that its a sydney issue, when its individual clubs issue, Penrith and Parramatta doesn't have too many issues attracting crowds, but again they are both playing well, im sure if the dogs and tigers weren't so poor they'd be pulling too, again its cyclical on form, and comparing an one town interstate club who are insular to a one city that has 9 clubs is poor

I agree with that mostly. There are a couple like the Roosters whose crowds won’t increase massively regardless - look maybe their supporter base will because of the SFS but I’m sceptical.

Broadly, though, it is definitely cyclical. I am interested in what a stadium development for the Dogs and Tigers would do. They both have big dormant supporter groups - mainly because of form but also because of their facilities.

MugaB

Coach
I agree with that mostly. There are a couple like the Roosters whose crowds won’t increase massively regardless - look maybe their supporter base will because of the SFS but I’m sceptical.

Broadly, though, it is definitely cyclical. I am interested in what a stadium development for the Dogs and Tigers would do. They both have big dormant supporter groups - mainly because of form but also because of their facilities.
Nah they won't be funding the stadiums now, liberals out, get ready @TheRam to cry as NRL gets shafted by lack of stadium upgrades now

Wb1234

Referee

Roosters have property i Bondi junction worth over 100 million which they will develop one day into a residential and commercial tower worth 500 million. They have like ten million dollars in cash

yes their crowds are poor but they don’t need the money. I really wish with the new stadium they do try harder

as I said they compete with the Waratahs Sydney fc and swans

north qld has a new stadium and has no other competition

Wb1234

Referee
The shorten govt was looking at supporting a png nrl team. Maybe abdo will revive this policy

anyway league is still the winner as we’ve swapped a mad Cronulla fan for a diehard south’s fan

Wb1234

Referee

With the new stadium they will attract all the posh snobs especially to the corporate boxes. The boxes at the old sfs were terrible they were behind the sticks or just normal seats on the second level. I suspect they will get a lot of members going too

Latest posts