What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Jamberoo

Juniors
There's a Perth-based netball team called West Coast Fever.
And that is ridiculous. They have a loose alignment with West Coast Eagles. A third of Perth follows Fremantle in the AFL, hates the arch enemy West Coast and and will never have anything to do with a team called West Coast. Using the name West Coast will instantly turn many off. Perth Red who do you follow in the AFL? I bet not Fremantle if you are advocating for West Coast Pirates/Bears?

Wb1234

Referee
Apparently Canberra is part of Greater Western Sydney as well.... which if you ask any Canberran they probably wouldn't want to be lumped in with Sydney. GWS should just f@&k off to the ACT and capitalise on the expat Vics who have gone into APS roles there. At least Manuka Oval looks full when they play there.
If they stayed at Blacktown they had some chance of being successful. The council was fully supportive of them. And it’s actually in far western Sydney.

but the players actually hated the area so they moved it to homebush because all the players live close by even though it was swans territory

the club is a total shambles which the afl jus think throwing more money at will one day solve it

And that is ridiculous. They have a loose alignment with West Coast Eagles. A third of Perth follows Fremantle in the AFL, hates the arch enemy West Coast and and will never have anything to do with a team called West Coast. Using the name West Coast will instantly turn many off. Perth Red who do you follow in the AFL? I bet not Fremantle if you are advocating for West Coast Pirates/Bears?
Has there been a survey conducted to see if "West Coast" is polarising?

I thought the "West Coast Pirates" bid was introduced because the "Western Reds / Perth Reds" brand was associated with failure?

Wb1234

Referee
Western what? Sydney, Footscray, Perth, suburbs, its just like Northern Pride
It’s like western reds. I liked that name

pearth bears sounds awful
West coast bears is too afl

we have “the” in the comp not we can have “western” lol

MugaB

Coach
It’s like western reds. I liked that name

pearth bears sounds awful
West coast bears is too afl

we have “the” in the comp not we can have “western” lol
Super league changed it to Perth Western Reds btw, they thought the same thing

Jamberoo

Juniors
Has there been a survey conducted to see if "West Coast" is polarising?

I thought the "West Coast Pirates" bid was introduced because the "Western Reds / Perth Reds" brand was associated with failure?
Yes, I surveyed my best mate’s family who are from Perth (not West Coast supporters in the AFL) and they all said that they could never support a RL team called West Coast as it would feel like they were supporting the West Coast Eagles who they despise. They said at least a third of WA would feel the same.

MugaB

Coach
Yes, I surveyed my best mate’s family who are from Perth (not West Coast supporters in the AFL) and they all said that they could never support a RL team called West Coast as it would feel like they were supporting the West Coast Eagles who they despise. They said at least a third of WA would feel the same.
Screenshot_20220531-214815_Samsung Internet.jpg

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Mooro Bears

MugaB

Coach
Screenshot_20220531-220837_Samsung Internet.jpg
Yeah just trying to get the font on the "bears" bit right, I'll try and get the bears in red, just looks better as 2 toned tho

Last edited:
That's one family.

Have the West Coast Fever received amy complaints from Dockers supporters?

Latest posts