What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Why would I be offended?

Listen, if you want a geniune experience come to almost any country footy ground and get a cheap can and a pie, without being surrounded by inner city hipsters.
Totally agree, some of my best nights out is a Uni night in Bathurst. Drive down from Sydney stay in the local pub and migrate with the locals from pub to pub.

blue bags

First Grade
Its 2024.

And the people that control the narrative for Rugby League, want to play more games in our most saturated market.

BUT at a park oval that seats no more than 10 thousand people.

Not once, not twice, but a minimum of four times?

Have North Sydney fans disappeared up their own arses?
Crowd's of over 21,000 regularly at North Sydney oval. Grizzlies Bear's 🐻

jim_57

Staff member
Surprised the Bears haven’t played the “let us back in or we’ll go play Super Rugby” card yet tbh. If not them directly then the DT or SMH will surely give it a run sooner or later.

Iamback

Coach
That's the thing, we have so many great areas/opportunities to expand to , yet they talk about PNG in Cairns, North Sydney, NSO, Pasifica and now country NSW.
Surely they can't f**k up such an easy assignment .

To be fair most is media driven.

Players are staying out of trouble ( well until this week) and transfers die down after the xmas break.

All the bored journos spit out this garbage from people with zero imput into the next team

Vee

First Grade
Surprised the Bears haven’t played the “let us back in or we’ll go play Super Rugby” card yet tbh. If not them directly then the DT or SMH will surely give it a run sooner or later.
Funny you should mention that...I can't find the article atm but I read this morning some dribble about the Western Force captain declaring it would be great if the Bears came to Perth.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Sydney media is responsible for bringing it up every six months.
Vlandys should have said, we'd love to see the Bears brand back in NRL but its important that a new city feel an ownership of their club and so it would need to be a respectful partnership. Leading Bears staff and fans down the path every time is pretty cruel just to get some media inches.

Vlandys should have said, we'd love to see the Bears brand back in NRL but its important that a new city feel an ownership of their club and so it would need to be a respectful partnership. Leading Bears staff and fans down the path every time is pretty cruel just to get some media inches.
The print media doesn't care about anything other than selling papers.

I agree with your last part. It’s like school kids picking on the disabled kid who was born with eight fingers and has one leg shorter than the other.