What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Nutz

Bench
The new team should be named the Perth Reds in honour of our forum member Perth Red who has posted 66,815 times about having a team over there....phew!
I don't like another team with Wests in it's name...we already have one.
As an alt name maybe call them the Rinehart Rhinos after she chips in 40mil as a jersey naming sponsor.

Iamback

Coach
Is it better to run last and risk another Titans with inferior 'locals'

Or be a success and partner with a team who 80% of locals have no idea who they are?

That is the reason the NRL prefer the Bears.

Peter Beattie and Kate Jones have no interest in propping up a Sydney relic on its own

Vlad59

Juniors
Is it better to run last and risk another Titans with inferior 'locals'

Or be a success and partner with a team who 80% of locals have no idea who they are?

That is the reason the NRL prefer the Bears.

Peter Beattie and Kate Jones have no interest in propping up a Sydney relic on its own
Really scraping the bottom of the Sydney centric barrel now. Looking for every and any (real or otherwise) negative now. Pathetic

Vlad59

Juniors
The new team should be named the Perth Reds in honour of our forum member Perth Red who has posted 66,815 times about having a team over there....phew!
I don't like another team with Wests in it's name...we already have one.
As an alt name maybe call them the Rinehart Rhinos after she chips in 40mil as a jersey naming sponsor.
If twiggy sponsors them would they be the Forrest Fires?

Vlad59

Juniors
Notice how you quote this and not the one where I said 'ideally they'd partner with Brisbane Easts'?

You want to be dick not have a real discussion. Pathetic
How can any body have a rational discussion with a person who wants a Perth club to be in partnership with a dysfunctional failed Sydney club? That’s been your primary position all along. Perth Bears? It’s nonsense. Sydney centric twat.

Wb1234

Referee
How can any body have a rational discussion with a person who wants a Perth club to be in partnership with a dysfunctional failed Sydney club? That’s been your primary position all along. Perth Bears? It’s nonsense. Sydney centric twat.
Pvl

Nutz

Bench
A year ago maybe. These days I’m taking it easy. Too old to have fun.
Try wheelchair races pissed, hilarious. and I'm not handicapped. I have races with my handicapped neighbour who has two wheelchairs, sometimes it gets rough.
Reminds me of the episode of The IT Crowd when Roy pretended to be disabled to win the favour of a chick at a function and he said to her someone stole his wheerchair...so she arranged a lift home for him in a bus but it was full of gays ha ha.

Bears officials have also repeatedly come out and said in the past that there are some absolute non-negotiables:

* Bears nickname
* Red & black being the colours
* Team being called 'The Bears' (as opposed to Perth / WA / West Coast Bears).
* Minimum of two games per year at NSO.
* Pretty sure they also demand to be the main decision makers of the club too.

For mine: Fair enough having the branding being Bears. Fair call having the red and black, but I'd like to see some flexibility to add in, say, gold.

As for the name and their need to have 'x' amount of home games at NSO, I have issues with this.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the strong gut feeling I have, their vibe, is that they don't care how they get back into the NRL, they just want back in. They feel a sense of entitlement to be there.
Once they are in, if the team isn't doing so well, they'll just announce that it was a failed idea, and they'll just up and move fulltime back to Sydney. They are just trying to get their foot back in the door by partnering with an expansion area.
The lack of commitment to naming the club after a particular area (WA, WC, Perth, ect) and their insistence of having a minimum amount of games at NSO just has red flags all over it for me. I hear warning sirens.

Great post, that is my gut feeling as well. I’ve said previously that the Bears are going to prove a major headache for the NRL if they are admitted back in any form. They can’t be trusted.

If they can’t get in with the Perth bid they’ll just pivot and demand they’re part of the next expansion bid, whether that’s PNG, NZ2 or Brisbane3, and then the one after that. With the caveat of at least 2 games at NSO.

Wb1234

Referee
Since people don’t want to be accused of being Sydney centric then let’s relocate Sydney’s weakest team and the one whose removal will have no impact

Perth sharts

Wb1234

Referee
“The ARL. Commission wants the Bears back in the big league as part of a push for North Sydney to join forces with Perth, despite the WA bid team's
preference to set up a standalone club. WA bid boss Peter Cumins said they are willing to compromise to get a team approved, but made clear the mised murriage of Perth and a foun-“

Iamback

Coach

Again for the slow one.

I want them to have a partnership with a club ANY club that has existing pathways into the QCup or NSW Cup.

Bears are only Sydney Club that offers that and the QLD Clubs are waiting to be part of Brisbane 3. So who else is there?

Reason being look at the rest of the comp

Broncos - have close to the best contacts in QLD to get the talent.

All the Sydney teams run direct programs from 17 up to Seniors.

Warriors have now joined in - Won the u17's comp this year. Give them 3 more years of building on that program

Storm same thing go from U17's to u20's. Talk of a NSW Cup team coming in. Will be 10 years into their program when Team 18 comes in

Dolphins run their own program.

Titans and Cowboys. Have programs want to have direct reserve grade sides, That is part of the QRL fight for funding.

Now we are expected to get not 1 but 3 new teams in new markets to not only compete, them try and convince the best teenage talent to leave a proven established pathway and go to a new one. While doing so leave their friends and family?

I don't see that as being a success. However the chances are higher IF they can stay in their home city.

A partnership as opposed to feeder. Allows The Perth NRL team to appoint the coach, control what style they play with. Hell even if they want to move a player into another position they can do that.

That is why Titans and Cowboy want to go down that path

Wb1234

Referee
Again for the slow one.

I want them to have a partnership with a club ANY club that has existing pathways into the QCup or NSW Cup.

Bears are only Sydney Club that offers that and the QLD Clubs are waiting to be part of Brisbane 3. So who else is there?

Reason being look at the rest of the comp

Broncos - have close to the best contacts in QLD to get the talent.

All the Sydney teams run direct programs from 17 up to Seniors.

Warriors have now joined in - Won the u17's comp this year. Give them 3 more years of building on that program

Storm same thing go from U17's to u20's. Talk of a NSW Cup team coming in. Will be 10 years into their program when Team 18 comes in

Dolphins run their own program.

Titans and Cowboys. Have programs want to have direct reserve grade sides, That is part of the QRL fight for funding.

Now we are expected to get not 1 but 3 new teams in new markets to not only compete, them try and convince the best teenage talent to leave a proven established pathway and go to a new one. While doing so leave their friends and family?

I don't see that as being a success. However the chances are higher IF they can stay in their home city.

A partnership as opposed to feeder. Allows The Perth NRL team to appoint the coach, control what style they play with. Hell even if they want to move a player into another position they can do that.

That is why Titans and Cowboy want to go down that path
Waaah Sydney centric waaah