What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Matt_CBY

Juniors
If it’s a new team then it should be 2027 (but they will definitely go 1908 and recognise the existing first grade premierships). Which then begs the question of which team would be the “original” Bears, the first grade or NSWCup team?
If they retain North Sydney’s historical record, then there has only ever been one Bears club. That’s why I call it a relocation. If it’s deemed a ‘merger’ (which I don’t know how it could be) they shouldn’t retain the historical record.

Wb1234

Referee
Coming 1st in NSW Cup now actually, and have a NRL pathways featuring Harold Matt’s, S.G.Ball (men’s) and Lisa Faola, Tarsha Gale (women’s).
Next Year the Bears with have a Jersey Flegg side again.
In the local North Sydney Competition the Bears have 8 clubs, as the competition has been rebuilding steadily since the area has struggled since 1999 when the Bears were shafted from the NRL.
But then it is more about growing numbers in WA and providing a strong NRL pathways via their East Coast representative teams.
Butt Wrinkles will always be negative no matter what positives are put in front of him especially if it is connected to the Bears..
8 now vs how many in bears days ?

Wb1234

Referee
If they retain North Sydney’s historical record, then there has only ever been one Bears club. That’s why I call it a relocation. If it’s deemed a ‘merger’ (which I don’t know how it could be) they shouldn’t retain the historical record.
Yeh it’s a relocation as they aren’t merging with another brand

it’s all them

Wb1234

Referee
The Bears competition is a comparatively weak one. It’s barely grown this year at all in fact. Beef it up all you like. There are much better stronger and sounder clubs out there than the Bears who could provide a much stronger feeder base than the pack of parasites in North Sydney.
Yeh like Balmain sg ball

go the tigers

Iamback

Coach
Coming 1st in NSW Cup now actually, and have a NRL pathways featuring Harold Matt’s, S.G.Ball (men’s) and Lisa Faola, Tarsha Gale (women’s).
Next Year the Bears with have a Jersey Flegg side again.
In the local North Sydney Competition the Bears have 8 clubs, as the competition has been rebuilding steadily since the area has struggled since 1999 when the Bears were shafted from the NRL.
But then it is more about growing numbers in WA and providing a strong NRL pathways via their East Coast representative teams.
Butt Wrinkles will always be negative no matter what positives are put in front of him especially if it is connected to the Bears..

I am a Panthers fan, So club coming in and being useless at development and pathways helps my club.

What is best for RL is having these new clubs come in and be around the 10-12 spot on the ladder not fighting for spoons.

So I have no skin in the game like yourself but linking with existing Pathways seems best given RL's limitations

Iamback

Coach
There’s no point having a connect to NS if it’s not the same club. If the juniors aren’t tied to WA then there’s no point being the Bears, as we’ve seen plenty of times, NRL clubs change their junior/pathway clubs regularly. The Jets have partnered up when Cronulla, Warriors while the Bears have been feeders to Easts and Souths.

what’s stopping WA Bears partnering with another NSWRL team and dumping the Bears

That is why a feeder arrangement wouldn't work. The NRL side needs a say in the position the juniors play in and so on.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
N

Nah this is probably the best place to discuss league

nrl reddit is full of even bigger idiots than the trolls here

Tik tok is little discussion and twitter is more for news updates

I was talking about the super league war and a lot of people there had no idea what that was
Super league war has nothing but do with expansion pinhead.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
N

Nah this is probably the best place to discuss league

nrl reddit is full of even bigger idiots than the trolls here

Tik tok is little discussion and twitter is more for news updates

I was talking about the super league war and a lot of people there had no idea what that was
I’ve never liked reddit

Latest posts