What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sounds like someone’s work wasn’t picked and there’s been a whinge.

They made some of the worst sports logos I’ve seen. Their Canberra Raiders logo and their Penrith Panthers logo were some really poor designs. Probably both clubs worst logos from memory.
Im guessing this is the guy that did the Titans and WC Pirates logos. Reality is the world has moved on in sport and the clean simple digital friendly logo is now expected.

Wb1234

Referee
“I convinced them to look at Western instead of PERTH, it’s easier for marketing down the track and a bigger landscape”

THE mark 2

Wb1234

Referee
DOG TREATS

NRL historian and statistician David Middleton doesn’t believe the playing records held by North Sydney and Bears players will transfer to the new Western Bears.

“I’m inclined to think it’s a new club because they are separated by geography and 25 years,” Middleton said. “The way the club will be set will be very different to North Sydney.

“If they were to win a premiership in their first year, I can’t imagine there would be too much desire to accept that as the Bears’ third premiership win. And I don’t think the people of Perth would consider it their third premiership.

“If a player plays 100 games for the Western Bears, does he become the 20th player to play 100 games for the club? That doesn’t sound right to me.

“To all intents and purposes, it’s a new club with a bit of North Sydney thrown in. I’m inclined not to include North Sydney in the Western Bears’ records.”

wb2027

Juniors
Im guessing this is the guy that did the Titans and WC Pirates logos. Reality is the world has moved on in sport and the clean simple digital friendly logo is now expected.
previous Titans, Panthers, Raiders, Eels, Sea Eagles, Northern Eagles, Chargers, Steelers and still current Roosters.

Vlad59

Bench
DOG TREATS

NRL historian and statistician David Middleton doesn’t believe the playing records held by North Sydney and Bears players will transfer to the new Western Bears.

“I’m inclined to think it’s a new club because they are separated by geography and 25 years,” Middleton said. “The way the club will be set will be very different to North Sydney.

“If they were to win a premiership in their first year, I can’t imagine there would be too much desire to accept that as the Bears’ third premiership win. And I don’t think the people of Perth would consider it their third premiership.

“If a player plays 100 games for the Western Bears, does he become the 20th player to play 100 games for the club? That doesn’t sound right to me.

“To all intents and purposes, it’s a new club with a bit of North Sydney thrown in. I’m inclined not to include North Sydney in the Western Bears’ records.”

Oi! Who talking sense?

Vlad59

Bench
It's not rocket surgery. It'll be a WA club, they can celebrate a 3rd premiership for the club or first for a WA club because they won't have won the first two in WA.
That’s bloody ridiculous. It’s a new club and it will win its first premiership eventually. No normal person could think otherwise.

wb2027

Juniors
That’s bloody ridiculous. It’s a new club and it will win its first premiership eventually. No normal person could think otherwise.
It's not that hard to get your head around. The club's lineage is in North Sydney, and they're moving to Perth.

Perth Red

Post Whore
“I convinced them to look at Western instead of PERTH, it’s easier for marketing down the track and a bigger landscape”

THE mark 2
didnt you like the Western Reds? I did.
Out of West Coast, Western or WA (and I dont like just Perth as it excludes regional WA) Western is good. Id have preferred West Coast but as a nod to the Reds Im happy with Western.

wb2027

Juniors
Ffs you Sydney centric wankers never give up. No normal breathing person could take this seriously
It's just a sporting club relocation. It doesn't need to cause an aneurysm.
You bloody twit. There is no comparison.
The comparison is that both clubs were kicked out of the NRL and then made their way back. One didn't include a relocation. It's. Not. That. Complicated.