What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Matt_CBY

Juniors
For what it's worth, I've had a few little play-arounds with logos in my limited spare time, and I've come up with something that I think is going to be close to what eventually is released and is an improvement on those logos I found submitted on the IP Australia website.

I have some ideas for jersey designs too, but they are just scribbles on some scrap paper at the moment..!

Here's my logo design for the Western Bears:
View attachment 93096
I’d be interested in what this logo would look like if it’s white replacing the yellow on the bear. The words Bears maintaining the red and western in yellow.

I wonder if the word marking will maintain from the press release though.

Attachments

• IMG_8527.jpeg
    IMG_8527.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 6

Nuke

Staff member
That's where I got that from. I saw it, and maybe over-thinking it, and I immediately thought / felt it was a taste of things to come for the proper logo.

So I added it.

I did do a few different colour versions of my logo, and you've described one of them exactly (see below).
20240826_144935.jpg

To be honest, any of either a red bear, gold bear, or white bear work well. It would depend on the surrounding background and purpose as to what works best in that scenario.

The only thing working against the red bear and white bear as a standalone emblem (ie: without the wordmark) is that gold is harder to integrate into the image without the bear looking like it's got blonde highlights, yellow teeth, or very sick looking eyes..! I'd prefer all four colours to be included in the emblem, personally.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
That's where I got that from. I saw it, and maybe over-thinking it, and I immediately thought / felt it was a taste of things to come for the proper logo.

So I added it.

I did do a few different colour versions of my logo, and you've described one of them exactly (see below).
View attachment 93107

To be honest, any of either a red bear, gold bear, or white bear work well. It would depend on the surrounding background and purpose as to what works best in that scenario.

The only thing working against the red bear and white bear as a standalone emblem (ie: without the wordmark) is that gold is harder to integrate into the image without the bear looking like it's got blonde highlights, yellow teeth, or very sick looking eyes..! I'd prefer all four colours to be included in the emblem, personally.

I also wonder if the Western would go above the Bear head and the word bears below it.

Nuke

Staff member
While the media statement is good, the thing that stood out to me more than anything else was the inclusion of the same Western Bears wordmark from the Nth Sydney statement recently.

Latest posts