What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WARL Results/Fixtures 2009

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Albert,

From what I hear - (from someone down in the area) - the club has closed for the time-being; though apparently a new club (or group of people) are bidding to start it up / operate it again next year.

So, fingers crossed, it should be back.

Kilmo(SP)

Juniors
Womens scoreline was actually 10-4
Ressies scoreline was 50-16
Firsts was 26-20

You were close in all of them, WADoggiesFan!
Pardon my pedanticism (if that's even a word!).

Good win for the boys from South Perth....

Any other results from around the traps ????

joondalup_giant

Staff member
its really hard to get results from around the grounds as the WARL dont update there website.

Going to be an interseting finals series, I think the comps open to any team in the top 5 this year bar maybe rockingham.

Perth Red

Post Whore
ASad to hear about Kal. I wonderif the mining downturn has affected their playing squad numbers? Hope they can get back up and find some funding to ease the travelling.

Looking forward to a good finals series. Where's the GF at this year?

Kilmo(SP)

Juniors
Lets hope Kal can get back in :(......was something a bit different having them in the comp

Last edited:

Kilmo(SP)

Juniors
ASad to hear about Kal. I wonderif the mining downturn has affected their playing squad numbers? Hope they can get back up and find some funding to ease the travelling.

Looking forward to a good finals series. Where's the GF at this year?

Mem Eq ??

Nuke

Staff member
Not guarenteed, no.

And incidentally, as of this week, the WARL site has the recent results and current ladders. I got an e-mail this week from the WARL (a weekly e-mail I get because I'm a club secretary) with last weekend's results and current tables. With it was a note saying that they finally know how to use the new website so they can update it now.

My understanding of the situation is that the company that brought in the new website didn't tell the WARL how to update it. Hence no updates for quite a while.

But back to the GF venue: It is still marked down as being MembersEquity Stadium, but I know they're looking at alternative venues due to the very expensive nature of MES. Personally speaking, I believe Grand Final day will still be held at the Stadium, but don't be surprised if it's not held there.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Wherever they choose to host the Grand Final - it must be on a neutral ground that doesn't benefit either team playing.

It would be atrocious if one of the teams were able to have the home-ground advantage as well.

Hence why Members Equity would, and should still be the viable option.

Surely the Grand Final will attract suitable attendances to cover any financial outlays?

Not guarenteed, no.

And incidentally, as of this week, the WARL site has the recent results and current ladders. I got an e-mail this week from the WARL (a weekly e-mail I get because I'm a club secretary) with last weekend's results and current tables. With it was a note saying that they finally know how to use the new website so they can update it now.

My understanding of the situation is that the company that brought in the new website didn't tell the WARL how to update it. Hence no updates for quite a while.

But back to the GF venue: It is still marked down as being MembersEquity Stadium, but I know they're looking at alternative venues due to the very expensive nature of MES. Personally speaking, I believe Grand Final day will still be held at the Stadium, but don't be surprised if it's not held there.

Nuke

Staff member
One would hope so, but I guess not. This would be the, what, 4th year in a row now we'd be using MES? I would imagine they'd have a pretty good idea by now how many people they can expect through the gates on Grand Final day. Therefore they should be able to work out how much they could expect to make on the day and compare that to how much MembersEquity Stadium are ripping off ... uh ... charging (sorry, froidian slip!).

WADoggiesFan

Juniors
Apologies about the results....memory aint what it used to be after all the knocks playin Front Row.....

Members Equity should be where it's at, but as others have pointed out....alot of money when you're not getting people through the gates....

Perth Red

Post Whore
Can you get into the playoff games and final free if your a Reds member?

ps have the Reds players gone into off season or joined WARL clubs?

Nuke

Staff member
Haha! Good call there Joondalup_Giant. However, come Finals time, Reds players must have played a minimum of 5 games for their WARL team in order to qualify for Finals. If North Beach are utilising their Reds players to get them into the Finals, then they're setting themselves up for embarrassment in the Finals when those players can't play for them. That being said, it's still a Top-5 Finals series, and you'd have to say Willagee and Fremantle (+ the folded Kalgoorlie team) are the 3 to miss out regardless. Willagee can't make it, and now that Freo got spanked yesterday and North Beach won big, I don't believe Freo can make it either. Especially given North Beach next week have the win by forfeit against Kalgoorlie, meaning North Beach still get the 2 points to stay clear of Freo.

The battle now is for the order of the Top-5.
Currently, South Perth is 1st (23 points), Centrals are 2nd (22 points), Joondalup 3rd (21 points), Rockingham 4th (14 points), and North Beach 5th (10 points).
Fremantle are 6th (on 9 points), Kalgoorlie are 7th (on 3 points), and Willagee are 8th (on 0 points).

This weekend sees Rockingham home to Joondalup, Centrals home to South Perth, and Fremantle hosting Willagee (with North Beach getting a win by forfeit against Kalgoorlie). Depending on results, either South Perth, Centrals, or Joondalup can claim the minor premiership. Rockingham and North Beach will finish 4th and 5th respectively.

Should be a very interesting Round ahead.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
http://www.warugbyleague.com.au/content/news/?page=3&nid=3936&oid=

LIONS TAKE MINOR PREMIERSHIP

South Perth Lions cruised to another minor premiership winning easily over an under manned Central Bulldogs 62 to 28. There was a determination by the Lions, not only to win but win well and create doubt in the minds of the Bulldogs going into the finals next week.
After heading the table all year until last week, the Bulldogs will need to get their best players and game back onto the field if they are going to impress in the finals.
With a 36 to 4 half time lead, South Perth was never in danger although Central were able to get some credibility in the second half with a score line of 24 points to 26.
The play of the first half came from a 40 metre run from Pikari Te Wara where he broke through the line and passed off to Michael Guthrie at the 18 minute mark to score. In the second half the inspiration came from a kick from 50 metres by the Bulldogs which saw Joe Rangi Rangi sprint forward to trap the ball on the try line.
Josh Clift led from nine try scorers from the Lions with three, with best players Josh Sondergeld and Paul Sheedy. Robert Sharp and Wais Volua were the best for the Bulldogs.
Joondalup Giants earned the right to host the second minor final next week by moving into second place beating Rockingham Sharks 30 to 22. The Sharks had injury problems and performed well despite going down to the Giants.
The game never blew out, and it was the freshness of Joondalup at the end which helped them maintain the lead established in the first half.
Nathan Searle and Frank Matthewman were the best for Joondalup with the Sharks’ Ryan Stirling and Todd Robinson leading their side.
Fremantle Roosters won the local derby against Willagee Bears 52 to 18. It was a good contest, but both sides had little to gain being out of the finals race.
Best players for the game were Tyrone Coppedge and Ben Mannion for the Roosters and Josh Parker and Matt Doeg for the Bears.
Next week’s first finals will be between Rockingham Sharks and North Beach Sea Eagles at Lark Hill with the loser of that game being eliminated. Joondalup Giants take on Central Bulldogs at Joondalup for the right to play South Perth in the second semi final

Nuke

Staff member
SENIORS FINAL TABLES
FIRST GRADE

1st South Perth
2nd Joondalup
3rd Centrals
4th Rockingham
5th North Beach
6th Fremantle
7th Kalgoorlie
8th Willagee

RESERVE GRADE
1st South Perth
2nd North Beach

3rd Joondalup
4th Centrals
5th Rockingham
6th Fremantle
7th Centrals II (I forget whether they are Blue or White)
8th Willagee

Ladies
1st Fremantle
2nd Centrals
3rd North Beach
4th Joondalup
5th Rockingham
6th South Perth
7th Willagee

WARL 2009 FINALS SERIES
Week 1 - Saturday 29th August
Lark Hill Sportsplex, Port Kennedy
Ladies: North Beach vs Joondalup - 2:45pm (loser eliminated)
Reserve Grade: Centrals vs Rockingham - 4pm (loser eliminated)
First Grade: Rockingham vs North Beach - 6pm (loser eliminated)

Charles Riley Reserve, North Beach
Ladies: Fremantle vs Centrals - 12:30pm (winner goes through to Grand Final)
Reserve Grade: North Beach vs Joondalup - 1:45pm
First Grade: Joondalup vs Centrals - 3:15pm

--------------------------------------------------------

WEEK 2 - SATURDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER
George Burnett Field, South Perth
Ladies: No games
Reserve Grade: (loser North Beach vs Joondalup) vs (winner Centrals vs Rockingham) - time TBA
Reserve Grade: South Perth vs (winner of North Beach vs Joondalup) - time TBA (winner goes through to Grand Final)
First Grade: (loser Joondalup vs Centrals) vs (winner Rockingham vs North Beach) - time TBA
First Grade: South Perth vs (winner of Joondalup vs Centrals) - time TBA (winner goes through to Grand Final)

Week 3 - 12th September. Venue and times TBA. Winners go to Grand Final. Losers eliminated.
Ladies: (winner North Beach vs Joondalup) vs (loser Fremantle vs Centrals)
Reserve Grade: (loser South Perth vs North Beach / Joondalup) vs (winner NorthBeach/Joondalup vs Central/Rockingham)
First Grade: (loser South Perth vs Joondalup/Centrals) vs (winner Joondalup/Centrals vs Rockingham/NorthBeach

Week 4 - 19th September. Venue and times TBA (probably Dorrien Gardens)
GRAND FINALS

I realise I've written it out in a confusing way, but I hope you can all follow it!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Central beat the Giants. Was a good game with the lead changing backwards and forwards right to the final whistle. Central probably deserved it but they did get alot of 50-50 calls and crucially the last one which should have been a penalty to Giants for stripping and the ref/touchie called it a knock on and Central scored the winning try off it on the hooter.

In the reserves Nth Beach beat the Giants.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Yeah there was also a forward pass by Joondalup called by the Touchie the ref ignored him and Joondalup scored a try from the resulting play,works both ways.
I was standing directly in line with it pity I was not filming at the time

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i think i may hav been on the receivin end of the pass ur talkin about! It wasn't so much the refereein that was bad it was the touch judge on 1 makin ridiculous calls 2 often and the touchy on the other side who wouldn't open his mouth!

Nuke

Staff member
An update:

WARL 2009 FINALS SERIES
Week 1 - Saturday 29th August
Lark Hill Sportsplex, Port Kennedy
Ladies: Joondalup def North Beach 20-8 (North Beach eliminated)
Reserve Grade: Centrals def Rockingham 42-10 (Rockingham eliminated)
First Grade: North Beach def Rockingham 70-14 (Rockingham eliminated)

Charles Riley Reserve, North Beach
Ladies: Centrals def Fremantle 6-0 (Centrals go through to Grand Final)
Reserve Grade: North Beach def Joondalup 24-12
First Grade: Centrals def Joondalup 32-28

WEEK 2 - SATURDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER
George Burnett Field, South Perth
Ladies: No games
Reserve Grade: Joondalup vs Centrals - 12:30pm
Reserve Grade: South Perth vs North Beach - 2pm (winner goes through to Grand Final)
First Grade: Joondalup vs North Beach - 3:30pm
First Grade: South Perth vs Centrals - 5:15pm (winner goes through to Grand Final)

WEEK 3 - SATURDAY 12th SEPTEMBER
Ken Allen Field, Fremantle. Times TBA. Winners go to Grand Final. Losers eliminated.
Ladies: Joondalup vs Fremantle
Reserve Grade: (loser South Perth vs North Beach) vs (winner Joondalup vs Central)
First Grade: (loser South Perth vs Central) vs (winner Joondalup vs North Beach)

WEEK 4 - SATURDAY 19th SEPTEMBER
George Burnett Park, South Perth. Times TBA.
GRAND FINALS

Last edited:

Latest posts