What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warne Vs Murali

JJ

Immortal
I mentioned Underwood...

Qadir was better at home for reasons beyond just the conditions - unless you call the umpires the conditions... while home town decisions happened everywhere, the Pakistanis in particular were pretty special

lockyno1

Post Whore
Sorry mate. You did metion Underwood. Qadir is still my second best, only becuase I have not seen much of Laker. Add to that the only thing I know of Grimmett is what is in autobiographies by certain players. O'Reily is a good bowler but I like bowlers who are much slower through the air ala Warne, etc.

JJ

Immortal
Underwood was quick too, from what I saw of him...

Qadir was destroyed when he toured NZ - admittedly the pitches didn't suit him, but he's not in the class of the others... Saqlain although an offie was a much better bowler

lockyno1

Post Whore
JJ said:
Underwood was quick too, from what I saw of him...

Qadir was destroyed when he toured NZ - admittedly the pitches didn't suit him, but he's not in the class of the others... Saqlain although an offie was a much better bowler

Underwood was extremely quick, around 100kmph, but as I said deserves a mention as he was the master of uncovered pitches!

sanjane

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
First on Wiseman, I have bagged him at times but Hauritz was spinning the ball square in his test debut. That has potential written on it.

Current rules Murali is legal. As I said current rules. Go back to when he got called by Hair, correctly must I add, it was illegal under the rules. So why have they been altered?

Warne is by far the best one. The next best is Abdul Quadir (Pak) in my opinion. The best off-spinner I have seen and I have only seen bits and pieces of him is Jim Laker. If Laker was playing that many tests against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe then he would have 500 wickets too!

You fool, Hair got it WRONG. Emerson got it WRONG. Murali was cleared BEYOND DOUBT after the episodes until the DOOSRA, which like Glenn McGrath's deliveries, Brett Lee's and Jason Gillespie's deliveries was over 10 degrees.

locky fan, improve your general cricketing knowledge...you might have a point another time.

The Shire

Juniors
dice said:
Warne didn't require the corrupt ICC to change the rules to make his deliveries legitimate, nor did he spend his entire career in the spinners paradise that is the sub-continent, nor was he surrounded by crap bowlers allowing him to take all the wickets.

Murali is an overrated chucker. Warne is a true champion.

correct anyone can get the ball to spin over there
correct on rule change
correct about surronded by crap bowlers
correct over rated CHUCKER
correct warne is a champion
you my friend are on fire and know what you are talking about

100% correct.

I'd like to have seen how many wickets murali would have had, had he played every second series in australia with mcgrath and gillespie bowling at the other end.

sanjane

Juniors
harmichael_punt_ said:
100% correct.

I'd like to have seen how many wickets murali would have had, had he played every second series in australia with mcgrath and gillespie bowling at the other end.

i bet Murali would have liked to play alongside them as well

lockyno1

Post Whore
harmichael_punt_ said:
100% correct.

The thing is that Warne plays on wickets bar the SCG that are not helpful for spin bowling! Murali for the most part plays on spin paradises! Big difference! And Murali bowls 50 overs a innings becuase the other bowlers bar Vass are rubbish!

Red Bear

Referee
sanjane said:
you are so immature that it's not funny!

seriously, how old are you???????? are you toilet trained yet?
Lol at sanjane calling someone else immature, Mr "warnie is a bad man, a very bad man, oh wait my guy got caught for similar thing it isnt in his culture."

Murili is a prima donna, not coming to Australia cos crowds thinks he throws:roll: IT'S INTERNATIONAL CRICKET MURILI, DEAL WITH THE CROWDS! SEE WARNIE IN ENGLAND? THE CROWDS CONSTANTLY ABUSING HIM BECAUSE OF HIS MARRIAGE BREAK UP AMONG OTHER THINGS. DID HE PACK IT IN? NOPE, HE LET HIS BOWLING DO THE TALKING AND TOOK 40 FREAKEN WICKETS, AS WELL AS BEING A GOOD CONTRIBUTER WITH THE BAT. MURILI PREFFERED TO RUN AWAY AND NOT PLAY THE BEST TEAM IN THEIR AREA, LETTING NOT ONLY HIMSELF BUT HIS TEAM DOWN. I'D HATE TO BE IN A TEAM WITH HIM, GOES MISSING IN ACTION.

*Breaths deeply*

I'm sorry i had to shout, just though it might get through to him reasons why Murili isnt fit to shine warnies boots. Warnie is far from my favourite player and may be a bt of an idiot off the field(although from reports he's quite a nice guy) but he has revolutionised spin bowling and is a great bowler and great thinker on the field.

sanjane

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
The thing is that Warne plays on wickets bar the SCG that are not helpful for spin bowling! Murali for the most part plays on spin paradises! Big difference! And Murali bowls 50 overs a innings becuase the other bowlers bar Vass are rubbish!

Warne's favourite ground is the Gabba. The ground he grew up on was the MCG. These are also his paradises!

Lasith Malinga is pretty good too but can't you think of it this way: Because Murali's been so great and reliable we haven't needed to mould 2 genuine other bowlers, and so have chopped and changed and also given the bits and pieces cricketer more of a run (Dharmasena, Chandana,......)

sanjane

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Lol at sanjane calling someone else immature, Mr "warnie is a bad man, a very bad man, oh wait my guy got caught for similar thing it isnt in his culture."

Murili is a prima donna, not coming to Australia cos crowds thinks he throws:roll: IT'S INTERNATIONAL CRICKET MURILI, DEAL WITH THE CROWDS! SEE WARNIE IN ENGLAND? THE CROWDS CONSTANTLY ABUSING HIM BECAUSE OF HIS MARRIAGE BREAK UP AMONG OTHER THINGS. DID HE PACK IT IN? NOPE, HE LET HIS BOWLING DO THE TALKING AND TOOK 40 FREAKEN WICKETS, AS WELL AS BEING A GOOD CONTRIBUTER WITH THE BAT. MURILI PREFFERED TO RUN AWAY AND NOT PLAY THE BEST TEAM IN THEIR AREA, LETTING NOT ONLY HIMSELF BUT HIS TEAM DOWN. I'D HATE TO BE IN A TEAM WITH HIM, GOES MISSING IN ACTION.

*Breaths deeply*

I'm sorry i had to shout, just though it might get through to him reasons why Murili isnt fit to shine warnies boots. Warnie is far from my favourite player and may be a bt of an idiot off the field(although from reports he's quite a nice guy) but he has revolutionised spin bowling and is a great bowler and great thinker on the field.

Murali's revolutionised spin bowling too...how many off-spinners make it big...EVER?

He is a great bowler too and is a great thinker.

So your point is........????????

Spell MURALI correctly first. 12 grades later, argue with me on a forum.

Red Bear

Referee
12 grades later? Piss off. Year ten at a selective school, and surely you know writing on a forum is different to how you would in an english class?

sanjane

Juniors
Warne, Hussey top English lists
From correspondents in London
September 27, 2005

AUSTRALIA may have lost the Ashes but Shane Warne has finished as the leading wicket-taker and Mike Hussey the top batsman in the 2005 English cricket season.

The English county season finished on the weekend completing a memorable summer for the national team, but Australia had some personal honours.

Warne took a combined 87 wickets for Hampshire and Australia, seven ahead of Sussex's Mushtaq Ahmed.

Warne's great rival Muttiah Muralitharan was the best bowler in terms of averages, with 36 wickets at 15.00 for Lancashire.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,16742455-23210,00.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Same competition: BEST DOMESTIC COMPETITION IN THE WORLD
And I don't buy into the division crap either...Pretty similar playing field.
- Murali coming back from a SERIOUS shoulder injury...
- In ENGLAND, not the SUBCONTINENT
- Both players having similarly talented bowlers to work with. In fact, Murali probably had a slightly better attack around him (England reps. Cork, Anderson, Mahmood, Flintoff and England A rep Keedy)

YET:

WHO GOT A BETTER BOWLING AVERAGE...???? while Murali got 36 at 15.00 in 6 matches, Warne had 47 wickets at 24.7 in 11 (almost double the matches).

The one and only. The Great...The Magician from Kandy. MUTTIAH MURALIDARAN!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Warne, Hussey top English lists

you sort of glanced over the most important bits sanjane

Latest posts