What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warren Smith

Raider_69

Post Whore
Fairfax said:
Who does Warren Smith support? Any idea?

i cant say any team with any certainity... i guess thats what happens when your an unbaised fair commentator... Fatty, Sterlo, Rabs, take note

salivor

First Grade
Fairfax said:
Who does Warren Smith support? Any idea?

Anyone who plays against the Roosters I've heard. In fact he even has a voodoo doll of Brett Finch, thats not whinging that you see on the telly, it's Finch grimacing from the pain of needles.

Fairfax

Juniors
Oh no... the mob has spoken.

Germany in the 1930s... Australia in the 21st century...

Yes, i'm sure I must be onto something here.

Fairfax

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
i cant say any team with any certainity... i guess thats what happens when your an unbaised fair commentator... Fatty, Sterlo, Rabs, take note

Yes, he is very unbaised.

salivor

First Grade
Fairfax said:
Oh no... the mob has spoken.

Germany in the 1930s... Australia in the 21st century...

Yes, i'm sure I must be onto something here.

oh no.....insanity creeping in.

Saint 60

Juniors
Smith follows the tigs i think...not sure but i think he does

Daley is a goose but is a improvement on Rabs

Fairfax

Juniors
Dodger said:
Hey fairfax, does 26-16 really hurt that much that you have to attack a commentator?

Since I pay for the service, then i'm entitled to be critical if I don't think I am getting good value for money.

One of the principles of a free market economy.

ghoti

Bench
Favourite Daley quote: Well....Kimmorley would've wanted that kick to stay in the field of play, but as you just saw...it rolled over the dead ball line.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He was clutching at straws well before that comment Jeremy, don't worry.

imasharkie

Coach
I used to think Smith was ordinary but this year he's one of the best, unfortunatly his cohort, Daley, is one of the most biased callers of a footy game. Daley should be banned from calling Raiders and Stains games. I like Daley at any other time. The commentator they should be rid of is Freeman.

fourplay

Juniors
Daley is the worst caller in the NRL. I really don't like his dull, obvious commentary.
""What the Tigers need to do now is play football" Is the kind of stuff Daley comes out with all game.

renouf

Juniors
Hes not bad.. but everything he says always has this funny noise.. like last nite

haaaarrison.. onto Minnnnichello.. waaaaaaaht a ballll

every word seems to be drawn out

Godz Illa

Coach
Smith is a fabulous commentator. Learned, articulate, exciting, excitable and has a real passion and love for rugby league. Listening to him, I often get the feeling that there is nowhere else in the world he'd rather be, than in the box calling the game. He gets the odd thing wrong occasionally but thats to be expected with our game - it's lightning fast, and commentators rarely have time to consider and measure their comments.

Daley is equally compelling, I find. He just talks in football-speak. On its own, a line like: "The Tigers just need to play football" may seem redundant, but surely we are all fluent in football-speak and knew what he actually meant.