What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors 'Close' to deal with Matai - in talks with White & Blair

Now officially confirmed

http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/warriors-withdraw-matai-offer-3683518
Warriors withdraw Matai offer

The Warriors have officially withdrawn their offer to Manly centre Steve Matai.

With negotiations dragging on, the club has decided they have had enough.

Matai's manager Gavin Orr denies he was pushing the process out, to get him a better deal with Manly.

He said Manly was always his first priority and its fair enough that the Warriors want to move on.

Orr confirmed Manly tabled a new offer to Matai on Friday night.

Micistm

Bench
Decent of him to let the other club know.

Pretty sh*t really. Not overly bothered as IMO would have been a waste of money for us, but reminds me of my retail work days with tyre kickers you waste ages with who have no intention of dealing with you

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I agree, you can have him. He's a decent player but there's definitely money better spent elsewhere. If you're happy, we're all happy.

Looks like Adam Blair is staying put and isn't ours as well, whilst you'd have to guess Brett White was going to Canberra.

Cmon James Graham...

Scott

Bench
Allen Mac was on the radio this morning talking about James Graham perhaps being on the radar.

It's a signing i'd like to see happen. Graham is in the same mould as Ellis and Burgess in terms of seasoned test players. The top pommy forwards are actually very very good players. They have no backs whatsoever though.

Rich102

Staff member
On a slightly different note hasn't it been great not having to worry about the judiciary this year?

On a slightly different note hasn't it been great not having to worry about the judiciary this year?
Don't speak too soon, the season isn't over yet, but yes it has been very good so far.

Look at Manly, they already have Glenn Stewart out suspended (and rightfully so) and could have another 3 after yesterdays game. At the very least, Matai is gone.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
hopefully matai is gone for the kiwis as well.

I agree with this, which is a shame because Matai is a good athlete who is capable of playing good football. But he's careless at best and a dirty player at worst and this side of his game rears its head too often.
Was it the last time we played Aus that we succumbed to a draw after largely dominating the match? From memory, the momentum swung to the Aussies after Matai put on a pointless, late shot on a player without the ball that resulted in a penalty & then a try not too long after. Very frustrating player who is tarnishing what potentially could be a very good career.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I agree with this, which is a shame because Matai is a good athlete who is capable of playing good football. But he's careless at best and a dirty player at worst and this side of his game rears its head too often.
Was it the last time we played Aus that we succumbed to a draw after largely dominating the match? From memory, the momentum swung to the Aussies after Matai put on a pointless, late shot on a player without the ball that resulted in a penalty & then a try not too long after. Very frustrating player who is tarnishing what potentially could be a very good career.

yeah, he put a late hit on slater, was penalised and australia scored off the next set. we ended up losing by 4.