What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors 'Close' to deal with Matai - in talks with White & Blair

One Warrior

Bench
Listening to the interview on Radio Sport with Gavin Orr, Matai's manager, CLeary and Scurrah will meet with Matai while they are in Sydney this weekend and they will try and arrange for him to come to Auckland to have a look at the club next week, holdup has been arranging this around training times. Orr also said two other clubs have bids in for him, obviously Manly and Sharks.

Micistm

Bench
The warriors started the year well under the cap. No Price. No Tate.

There is a big fulla of a centre on the market who wants overs.

I realise he's no Brentt Tate but GI would be injured less often. :p

**** 'GI' frankly, and other signings as well atm.
IMO Manu is the priority. I know it's a team game, but I think considering how we're going this year our main thing would be to keep the good young ones we have and and big guns like Manu, then worry about other big signings. I'm not certain we need to go after other centres atm.

Martli

Coach
GI wants way too much from the Broncos, would want a hell of a lot more to come here, but in my opinion would never come to NZ anyway. It'd just put too much pressure on our salary cap.

Plus I reckon we don't have a hell of a lot of cap space left after signing Mateo and Inu, and with the possible signing of Matai. Keep what's there for Manu and the inevitable upgrades that'll have to be given to whoever needs to be re-signed next season.

Meth

Staff member
To be honest, if I had the big 4 and had to lose 1 of them, I would shed Inglis. Freak of a player, but over 400k for a centre is excessive

Skinner

Coach
Down at Blue Tongue today watching Manly v West Tigers. I'm having second thoughts on Steve. Another brain snap, on report and ten in the bin.

Rich102

Staff member
I think Matai in Warrior's colours would be like a red rag to a bull. Our penalty count would get worse than it already is.

Skinner

Coach
That may be so but matai having a go at the tiges trainer was just a bit too much to for me. Having his team mate cart him off.......

Micistm

Bench
IMO it's time to pull the plug on 'expressing interest.' How many more clubs is Matai's money hungry agent going to bring into the mix in the hope of a bidding war? I know it's his job but this is just pushing it a bit too far.
If one of the other clubs want him, let them have him, or Manly can feel free to sacrifice other players to try and keep him.
Too rich for my blood in relation to what you're getting in payback IMO