What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors declare interest

Martli

Coach
Now that I think of it, all I've really heard Wayne Scurrah say is that they're going to make an offer.

You'd think they would regardless, really.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
i suspect as much really, but look at how it polarises a forum...it would do the same to fans, players, and the whole NRL.

Yeah until he redeems himself with a classic Sonny offload to set up Locke running through........sh*t imagine that!...imagine that!;-)

Awesome topic, why wasnt anything said 2 weeks ago when there was nudda to talk about.

shiznit

Coach
i put the question about turning your back on the club if they sign SBW just to gauge the strength of the feeling from people. not to undermine them at all... at the end of the day everyone has there reasons.

im not particularly a warriors fan... i love to see them do well because the game gets a boost when it happens... but ive supported Parra since i was 4 years old...

for me i support the Jersey... players come and go... i may hate the crap out of some of them but as soon as they put that jumper on they have my support.

thats just how i am... it would probably take something pretty bad for me to turn my back on the club.... as far as SBW goes... what he did doesnt bother me... 95% of the dogs fans ive spoken to dont really care either... they have moved on.

having said that... everyone is different.. i dont think theres a right or wrong answer... i was just interested to see how strong the feeling was.

as for the speculation... i think hes gonna stay in France... and play for Samoa in the RWC.

what ever

Juniors
Let the loyal warriors fans decide whether SBW should be part of the club. the result should be ineteresting. personally, I wouldn't waste the time & money. he has made his bed, let him ly in it. he is a rugby player now, let move forward. should be talking about the 2010 season.

Skinner

Coach
Let the loyal warriors fans decide whether SBW should be part of the club. the result should be ineteresting. personally, I wouldn't waste the time & money. he has made his bed, let him ly in it. he is a rugby player now, let move forward. should be talking about the 2010 season.[/QUOTE]

You speak the truth there what ever

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Let the loyal warriors fans decide whether SBW should be part of the club. the result should be ineteresting. personally, I wouldn't waste the time & money. he has made his bed, let him ly in it. he is a rugby player now, let move forward. should be talking about the 2010 season.

We are, just not in this topic mate because this topic is about Sonny Bill and the interest.

If all we talked about was the 2010 season in all topics, we'd be done now....

Micistm

Bench
i put the question about turning your back on the club if they sign SBW just to gauge the strength of the feeling from people. not to undermine them at all... at the end of the day everyone has there reasons.

im not particularly a warriors fan... i love to see them do well because the game gets a boost when it happens... but ive supported Parra since i was 4 years old...

for me i support the Jersey... players come and go... i may hate the crap out of some of them but as soon as they put that jumper on they have my support.

thats just how i am... it would probably take something pretty bad for me to turn my back on the club.... as far as SBW goes... what he did doesnt bother me... 95% of the dogs fans ive spoken to dont really care either... they have moved on.

having said that... everyone is different.. i dont think theres a right or wrong answer... i was just interested to see how strong the feeling was.

as for the speculation... i think hes gonna stay in France... and play for Samoa in the RWC.

Its a good question, a fair question...and for myself I honestly don't know whether I'd continue as a Warriors supporter or not if this news became official.
It got me thinking what would happen if Cleary got the sack and Ricky Stuart came in as coach! Would I still support the team?:lol: And TBH I think that scenario is more possible!
I'd say yes...despite being grumpy about it! Jeez if he did the same stunt again I'd have the sh*ts with him. From a distance-I'm not stupid and he is big;-)

My heart is mainly with the Kiwis though; and would I welcome him back there, and would the team after his running out, or rather, 'sneaking' out

The Observer

Staff member
Could the NZRL have offered Sonny Bill a central contract alongside the Warriors club contract? Since the NZRL is cash strapped, if they used money from Eric Watson to give that contract, or would that contravene the salary cap?

If the Bulldogs demanded $1 million compensation for SBW breaking contract with them earlier, surely the fact that Williams is an Auckland RL junior count? Did the Dogs ever pay a transfer fee or development fees to the ARL or Mt Albert his junior club?

Latest posts