What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors interested in Parramatta fullback

StEely Matt

Juniors
Hey guys, just saw this on the "NewstalkZB" website...

Warriors interested in Parramatta fullback

30/05/2006 8:48:02

Parramatta fullback Wade McKinnon is unofficially in the sights of the Warriors.

The club has confirmed if Brent Webb does not re-sign or is not offered a new deal, then they will try to sign McKinnon.

The anti-tampering ban is not lifted on players off-contract until the end of June, so the Warriors can not officially start negotiating with the Eels fullback until then.

It is understood Brent Webb has up to five UK Super League clubs interested in him, as well as a couple of Super 14 franchises and teams in the NRL.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdetail1.asp?storyID=96756

Utey

Coach
I wouldnt be too fussed to see Wade go. He is solid, but we have better prospects there.

Suitman

Post Whore
<UPtheEELS> said:
I wouldnt be too fussed to see Wade go. He is solid, but we have better prospects there.

TBH, I'd rather keep McKinnon than hold onto Reddy.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:
Line ball for me between them.

I'd rather Jarrod Hayne play in the number 1.

I'd like to see him given a shot, but until he proves otherwise, McKinnon is the best we have atm.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
I thought Reddy was really disappointing on Sunday, and no, not because he dropped ONE bomb.

I really think he lacks penetration, is suspect in defence, and could be doubtful under the high ball.

I see a Delaney-esque future for him.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
Suitman said:
I thought Reddy was really disappointing on Sunday, and no, not because he dropped ONE bomb.

I really think he lacks penetration, is suspect in defence, and could be doubtful under the high ball.

Suity

He dropped two bombs.
One because he tried to be too cute and plant a foot in the in goal....the other was a tough ask though when the defenders arrived at the same time as the ball....you can excuse him for that.

When playing well, I'll take Wade, but he has just seemed so lethrgic this year, no urgency getting to the ball and the odd big blunder. Granted though, the urgency problem has affected most of the squad, we may see a better Wade when he comes back from the injury under the new coach.

But given Wade has asked for permission to negotiate, he may not want to stick around.

Utey

Coach
Suitman said:

Suity
Gotta admit I was suprised to see him there, but he was safe enough IMO.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
<UPtheEELS> said:

so you would like to keep an overpaid mckinnon or Reddy??? coz whilst mckinnon is good hes no mini or inglis or etc.etc. and reddy IMO is like delaney (like suity said) all hype but no form in top grade

Freak2

Juniors
Joel did OK on the weekend and has shown several times in the past that he is better than that performance.

like UptheEels indicated it is going to come down to price. I would doubt the Warriors could match it with us for McKinnons name next year due to their current year salary cap restraints but then again if Webb is on a mint Wade may only be worth half as much to them.

Would love to see Wade stay at the club. Gotta love the early games back at the club where he showed all of us how much he loved it!! Real passion!!

He is a class player who people take for granted!!

The Colonel

Immortal
no.2_lukeburt said:
so you would like to keep an overpaid mckinnon or Reddy??? coz whilst mckinnon is good hes no mini or inglis or etc.etc. and reddy IMO is like delaney (like suity said) all hype but no form in top grade

On the back of one game this season Reddy has been labelled a failure? He played three games for us last year and was great against the Doggies scoring on debut, had a strong game against the Dragons and was convincing against the Raiders. It was his first game in the top grade all season and he made two mistakes - one of which was under huge pressure.

Statistically this season McKinnon has been one of the better performing fullbacks in the competition.

I think Hayne is going to be a very good player but throwing all your eggs in one basket and banking on him is a very dangerous ploy at this stage.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
no.2_lukeburt said:
Get rid of them both, and fast track hayne to FB

no.2_lukeburt said:

I'm very glad Fitzy didn't consider you for head coach when he let Smithy go.

Hayne is a very bright prospect with a big future but right now he is not a topline fullback and not even a regular first grader. In the long term, I agree that Hayne is the way to go but how could you honestly believe that giving him the number 1 jersey and getting rid of two very good fullbacks is the way to go? Did you even think before you suggested that?

And what you're saying about Reddy is a joke. He's had 4 games, three fantastic ones and a good one, but that isn't form in the top grade? Reddy was not bad on the weekend, he did his job and did it well. He will never be an Inglis/Minichello, but he is still a good player with a real future ahead of him in League.

As for McKinnon, well I wouldn't be too upset if he left. He would be worth alot more money than Reddy and right now I don't think there's anything Wade is doing for us that Reddy couldn't do. If he wants to go to the Warriors well good luck to him, I'd wish him all the best. He's been a very good player for us since he came back from Souths.

Eelementary

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
I'm very glad Fitzy didn't consider you for head coach when he let Smithy go.

Hayne is a very bright prospect with a big future but right now he is not a topline fullback and not even a regular first grader. In the long term, I agree that Hayne is the way to go but how could you honestly believe that giving him the number 1 jersey and getting rid of two very good fullbacks is the way to go? Did you even think before you suggested that?

And what you're saying about Reddy is a joke. He's had 4 games, three fantastic ones and a good one, but that isn't form in the top grade? Reddy was not bad on the weekend, he did his job and did it well. He will never be an Inglis/Minichello, but he is still a good player with a real future ahead of him in League.

As for McKinnon, well I wouldn't be too upset if he left. He would be worth alot more money than Reddy and right now I don't think there's anything Wade is doing for us that Reddy couldn't do. If he wants to go to the Warriors well good luck to him, I'd wish him all the best. He's been a very good player for us since he came back from Souths.

Completely agree.

I also totally agree with what you said the other day about bringing Hayne into First Grade gradually by playing him on the wing.

Latest posts