What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors keep tabs on Inu.

Skinner

Coach

Kiwis must pay full freight for Inu

444402-krisnan-inu-parramatta-training.jpg

Warriors target ... Krisnan Inu. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: The Daily Telegraph

THE New Zealand Warriors will have to pay full price if they want Kiwi international Krisnan Inu this season.

Parramatta officials are reluctant to release Inu, but will consider doing so if the Warriors agree to take on his entire $275,000 contract.

Although Inu is tipped to be the odd man out in Parramatta's slick backline when Timana Tahu's two-match suspension clears, a player of his calibre will come in handy when Jarryd Hayne goes off on Origin duty.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Nay! maybe a ropati trade? haha.......

So expect a Inu signing annoucment by the Warriors next week?:D

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Not worth it.

But neither is Tate at a report $450,000 a year.
Or mckinnon on whatever he is on when you have two better fullback options

If you could offload tate, ropati or mckinnon then yes I would be a great move. But it would be too late for that.

Next year maybe.

Iafeta

Referee
I think he is a $275K player if you take into consideration his goal kicking. Maybe a change of culture and the shock of not succeeding at Parramatta may jar him into life?

I just don't know if we'd have that sort of cash under the cap.

The problem with Inu is inconsistency. When he's on, he's a magic player, but he just goes missing. I see Tate as being a more consistent player, but just at this stage of his career not as capable of Inu of owning a game.

Wouldn't be disappointed, but don't see it happening.

Martli

Coach
But neither is Tate at a report $450,000 a year.
Or mckinnon on whatever he is on when you have two better fullback options

If you could offload tate, ropati or mckinnon then yes I would be a great move. But it would be too late for that.

Next year maybe.

Agreed, but the fact is that they're there and that fact is unlikely to change, so in that case, it's not worth it. You can have your ifs and buts but I'm concerned with the picture right now.

Besides, I doubt we can afford it.

playdaball

Bench
Warriors not hunting Inu
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-2]13 January 2010[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]CEO of the Warriors Wayne Scurrah says it has been months since the club has spoken to the Eels about signing Krisnan Inu[/SIZE][/FONT]
The New Zealand Warriors say talk of Eels centre Krisnan Inu moving to the Warriors this season is just that ... talk.

The Australian media have been reporting the Eels are prepared to release the Kiwis centre, if the Warriors stump up with his $275,000 contract.

But, CEO Wayne Scurrah has told Radio Sport it has been months since club has spoken to Eels management about Inu.

The Warriors do have room under the salary cap for another signing.
www.radiosport.co.nz

Could be a smoke screen

Last edited:

penrose 06

Juniors
I kno this is an Inu thread but he's not available til next year. What about Mason coming to th warriors? He's someone who is actually up for grabs so to speak. I've never been a big fan really but there has always been that kind of 'respect/ envy' when he was on his game. I tell ya, they could really do with a ball playn 2nd rower in that line-up.

I know theres a hell of alot of history with him but surely he's currently a bargin basement buy even tho the roosters want his $400K contract bought out.

playdaball

Bench
I would not be opposed to Big Willie coming to the Warriors - unsure of Pricey's thoughts as he actually played with him at the Dogs .

We should speak to Easts and put in a cheeky offer as we still have money to spend.

Sign him for a year or on a month by month basis.

Jesbass

First Grade
Willie Mason is a very polarising and divisive character, but I'm sure the fans would rally to his side if he was pivotal in a few victories. I remember standing on the sideline last year as the Roosters came out at Mount Smart Stadium. Every league player is big compared to me, (heck, even Hohaia puts me to shame, lol), but Mason was absolutely huge. The TV screens don't do it justice - he's a whole head and shoulders above his biggest team mates. Incredible!

Jesbass

First Grade
Out of curiosity to the nay-sayers, (and also to stir the pot), would it be worth having Mason if we won a Premiership due in a large part to his efforts?

It's a genuine question, though, which could be re-worded as "what as Warriors fans are we prepared to see happen to the club in the pursuit of a Premiership?".

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The problem is that Mason will NOT be a bargain basement buy. The Roosters will sit on his contract and just pay him out over the year before they pay him to play for another club.

Mason at full value = not worth it.

That's how I look at it.

ozbash

Referee
Out of curiosity to the nay-sayers, (and also to stir the pot), would it be worth having Mason if we won a Premiership due in a large part to his efforts?

It's a genuine question, though, which could be re-worded as "what as Warriors fans are we prepared to see happen to the club in the pursuit of a Premiership?".

there are other bits of garbage I'd prefer,, Gallen, Watmough, even A.Johns :sarcasm:

As a club we should have certain standards, big wullie falls way short imo.

No selling the soul.