What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

warriors next week

fridge

the warriors got a good win today over the storm at home. but i reckon we can take em 30-12

stacey jones doesn't have 2002-3 form but he's got a deft little kicking game. their second man plays need a little work. but they have a massive forward pack. luckily steve price isn't there, but ruben wiki and that guttenbeil fella goes alright. byrne is skinny but he looks a talent that rarely seems to make a mistake and can find the line. nathan fien is their 5/8, but he's also a pretty dangerous runner from dummy half.

i reckon peterson should be in for burt again coz meli is too big for him, and byrne is too smart for him. we gotta match it with them for the first 20, and then when they get tired run second man plays.. and wide passes mixed with inside balls.

widders and pj will have a massive impact next week. everyone knows im a big fan of cannings, but i reckon vella should take his place next week just because of his mobility and speed. we want quick plays of the ball, and we want to take advantage of their forwards getting tired easily.

Jono078

Referee
Should be a good game, but after 5 wins in a row, I cant see Parra go much further than that streak ?

Cant wait to watch it, I reckon Parra 28-16.

eels_fan

First Grade
Good assessment Fridge...

just watched the Warriors V Storm game. The warriors were quite enterprising in attack at times, but also made WAY too many stupid errors in their own half, that a full strength melbourne team would have made them pay for.

If we a controlled brand of footy and match em in the forwards we'll win the game simply but taking advantage of their errors.

Timmy Smith to have a big one against Stacey Jones

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
look for pj to have a big game against his old club, hes hit a purple patch of form so the kiwis better watch out!

we just need to employ a similiar game plan to the penrith games, keep their big boys moving to tire them out

chloe

Juniors
I think we should dominate them, but we have to watch out for Clinton Toopi who is their obvious strength.

TheParraboy

Staff member
parra-all-the-way said:
when is the game played...saturday night again??

5.30pm AEST

If we are switched on like we have been, we should win it and win easily
The Storm are in pretty poor away form, and the warriors rarely back up after a decent performance these days

We go in with the right attitude , then 20+ victory :cool:

fridge

whatever happened to toopi, there was a time ppl were saying he might be the best centre in the world

Eelectrica

Referee
It's a game we should win, but I don't believe we have won a game in NZ since 2000. Even in 2001 it was a game against the Warriors that ended a win streak. Of course we promptly started another one the week after but still it's going to be another good test.

parra_princess

Juniors
It has been such a long time since we've been in such winning form. In the latter stages of 02, 03 and even more so in 04 (before we went on our spending spree)
I thought the lean years would be set in for a while. I know there is still a lot of work to do, but i've seen what we've capable of and i'm happy. Hopefully we keep it up and are ready to rip in come finals time.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'm guessing so considering he was a chance of playing this week he has gotta be a better chance of playing v Warriors.

fridge

i have a confession to make ... :(

sometimes i miss jamie. sometimes i imagine jamie and tahu in the same side and i feel like crying. we coulda had the best centres in the world on one team.

mickdo

Coach
I seem to remember every time we have played in NZ since 01 we had a lot of young players being blooded for some reason, who put up a very good fight but never quite got the cash. The side we will be sending over this time will be much stronger, and in much better form.

number8

Juniors
Is he a sure thing to play. I hope so..........good form before the injury, was proving very hard to stop!

Utey

Coach
I dont think so. Our game atm isnt based around risk and is quite different to the how the Warriors play. They make plenty of mistakes and we should win this one. Last night was quite dewy and wet and we handled it. I dont see it being much different in NZ.

to run them ragged around the park, a dry track will be better, also the likes of widders and pj will have a field day against the bigger blokes on a dry track in my opinion.

Latest posts