What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors place restrictions on AFB's transfer.

His effort was uncharacteristically limp too, wasn't it? He's obviously got the shits about something.
Struggling to think what it might be... it cant be the results surely? he's been through leaner trots with us before in 21 and 22, albeit while based over there.

If it really is that though, then honestly, he can fk right off. Last thing we need is someone who cracks a fit and gives up on his mates when things arent going his way.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If he’s throwing his toys he picked a bad day to do it when our pack got over Penrith where he was largely a passenger and Marata was coming back the next game.

Scott

Bench
At a guess, Sharks running first, and have told him they can fit him in this season

If he is managed by the same guy that managed Blake Green, he tells his guys to kick stones until eventually the club has enough and releases you
Isaac Moses manages Blake Green, it sounds like he is trying to get him the Parramatta job. I thought AFB was managed by someone else.

Isaac Moses would have to be the biggest cancer currently in the game.

Blair

Coach
Morally, the Sharks should tell him to honour his deal this year, you know, 'play out the current season, which is over in about 16 weeks, to the best of your ability, have a nice break, and then we can't wait to see you at our pre-season training in November'.

After all, the guy has form, it will be Cronulla's turn to deal with an 'early release' sometime in the future.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Very poor form and extremely disappointing. Such an unprofessional thing to do. No ones bigger than the team. Win, lose or draw you don't just leave.

hitro

Juniors
err yeah, he didn't try in the game which was weird, is this a Matt Lodge situation?? Do not release! Do not pay him to play at another club!! He can either get his shit together and reset for after the bye or just play for lower grades or Mt Albert or Rovers or sim...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I’m calling bollocks. If it was purely him feeling down on his own performance, I can’t see Webby, or anyone else at the club, being anything but supportive.

Hope I’m wrong but this feels like a cop out.
Yeah I’m with you, never heard of a bloke not being able to celebrate a win because he didn’t perform, manager has made him sound selfish

On the flip side I’m sure after a loss a few weeks back there was a photo of him smiling with half a dozen other Tongan lads getting a photo, he must have gone ok personally that day

I’m calling bollocks. If it was purely him feeling down on his own performance, I can’t see Webby, or anyone else at the club, being anything but supportive.

lol AFB and his agent must think that low of us if they think we be fooled by that shit.

In the bin.

Fish signing has me appreciating we lose on dick head with no loyalty. To someone who is nothing but loyal.

Matua

Bench
Hmm, I thought my prediction of a failing Warriors season with an AFB issue was incorrect, maybe I'm not that far off.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Tell the Sharks they can have him if the pay out at least 2/3 of his 2024 contract value plus a no-compete clause for the remainder of this season including finals that says he can’t play against us.
No, tell the Sharks they can have him at trainings, and at the leagues club, but he can't play. I'd rather be the club that stands up to footballers who think they can be the tail furiously wagging the dog. I don't want another Matt Lodge situation where we pay for him to f**k off, having showed faith and plenty of $ invested in him when others weren't interested

Yeah 100% it is. I smelled a rat on Sunday, that was his most anonymous game for us by a long way. Absolute BS to say he was down on himself and left. He's a big baby and he's trying to agitate for a release before the bye, it appears from the outside. His mates should be looking him in the eye and saying cmon man, you told us you'd stick it out.

Scott

Bench
Devlin now saying he will be released...

Ok folks. Another whisper. Dunno if this is
💯
fact but same source as AFB being dropped this weekend (which was correct). The
@warriors
will now give him an early release. Let’s wait’n’see if it’s true. Is he gone before the season ends? #upthewahs

10:24 AM · May 24, 2024
·
Views

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Devlin now saying he will be released...

Ok folks. Another whisper. Dunno if this is
💯
fact but same source as AFB being dropped this weekend (which was correct). The
@warriors
will now give him an early release. Let’s wait’n’see if it’s true. Is he gone before the season ends? #upthewahs

10:24 AM · May 24, 2024
·
Views
Interesting, apparently George was on SENZ this morning saying he had committed to the rest of the season.