What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors release Johnson

nick87

Coach
Im sure that photo triggers some dragons fans or what ever, but my club is a special breed of spastic and they've got 3 times the premierships the sharks have and in less than half the time.

It's just a perfect illustration of why Gal should have keep his mouth shut. The sharks werent left in the dark, they knew this was coming and they knew Shaun Johnson was going to get out of his deal to fill the void. It's a business.

But am i wrong to ask Gal to keep the same energy he's got about SJ as he does with Val?

nick87

Coach
Val was wanted for as long as we could sign him for then left the code entirely with a couple days notice.

Warriors made it clear SJ wasn't wanted beyond 2019 and the way they kept making that point it seems they weren't shy of unsettling SJ. Unwanted he chose to rip the bandaid off and find a new club in RL.

Calling them the same is like saying Wighton is the Raiders's Slater cause he plays the same position.
Haha.
And the Sharks knew Val was out at the end of 2019 to take up a deal with Nth Qld. He wanted out early to take up that deal.

Both players walked out on their club with a year left on the deal because it suited them to do so. It's literally the same. Stop it. that's absolutely f**king embarrassing.

AJB1102

First Grade
Haha.
And the Sharks knew Val was out at the end of 2019 to take up a deal with Nth Qld. He wanted out early to take up that deal.

Both players walked out on their club with a year left on the deal because it suited them to do so. It's literally the same. Stop it. that's absolutely f**king embarrassing.

No, the Sharks had a rich 4 year extension on the table, they'd by no means accepted Val to Cows was done yet. Even if they expected it, it was thought that'd be at the completion of 2019 and they'd try all year to change that. Warriors wanted nothing of SJ once his contract ended.

Val didn't get out early to Cows, if he plays NRL in 2019 it'll only be with Sharks.

nick87

Coach
Look, this is a good thing.
The Sharks realised Val was going to force his way out one way or the other, and like a good, well run club they identified their replacement, and here we are.
This is not a critic of the Sharks, they've done exactly what they should do and put themselves back in position to compete for a title. They nailed this situation as best they could.

But this is exactly what i was saying. Gal wont have a single f**king issue with SJ doing exactly what Val did, because this time it works in his favour. This game is a business and the players have every right to treat it as business as the clubs do

Unless Gal comes out as strongly against SJ as he did Val, he's a hypocrite. He unnecessarily opened himself up to that.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
No, the Sharks had a rich 4 year extension on the table, they'd by no means accepted Val to Cows was done yet. Even if they expected it, it was thought that'd be at the completion of 2019 and they'd try all year to change that. Warriors wanted nothing of SJ once his contract ended.

Val didn't get out early to Cows, if he plays NRL in 2019 it'll only be with Sharks.

Stop saying this. It's completely untrue.

beave

Coach
Only merkin clubs get players to walk out on contracts early.

717-C2898-225-D-420-C-9-A8-E-E8-AA19254-F61.jpg

AJB1102

First Grade
Look, this is a good thing.
The Sharks realised Val was going to force his way out one way or the other, and like a good, well run club they identified their replacement, and here we are.
This is not a critic of the Sharks, they've done exactly what they should do and put themselves back in position to compete for a title. They nailed this situation as best they could.

But this is exactly what i was saying. Gal wont have a single f**king issue with SJ doing exactly what Val did, because this time it works in his favour. This game is a business and the players have every right to treat it as business as the clubs do

Unless Gal comes out as strongly against SJ as he did Val, he's a hypocrite. He unnecessarily opened himself up to that.

I think you give Sharks too much credit. If we get SJ it's dumb luck as they were completely blindsided by Val's request to go early to anyone and after Val saying his NFL hopes were behind him I doubt anyone saw that happening.

Hutty1986

Immortal
along the lines of ‘we want players here that are committed, that will put in 100%, that will put the time and work in for the supporters and sponsors’ as an outsider and reading between the lines it sounded like Johnson told them he would do the bare minimum on and off the field if they kept him around
for 2019.
The bare minimum is oztag Johnson's specialty

AJB1102

First Grade
Stop saying this. It's completely untrue.

It's not. Telling him they wouldn't be offering a contract beyond 2019 is clearly stating he's not in their plans. To think he'd negotiate a lesser contract at 28 is not naive, it's either tactical or downright clueless to think he wouldn't pull the pin for them.

nick87

Coach
I think you give Sharks too much credit. If we get SJ it's dumb luck as they were completely blindsided by Val's request to go early to anyone and after Val saying his NFL hopes were behind him I doubt anyone saw that happening.

Haha yeah mate, dumb luck
Val declares he's out and in less than 2 weeks SJ gets granted a release and is about to sign a pretty long term deal with the Sharks... You wouldnt DREAM about it!

Also i've been named the attorney of a wealthy saudi prince who has unexpectedly died with no dependant. He happens to share your surname of 1102, so I'll be able to forge documents to "prove" you as a dependent. If you're interested in this unique opportunity, please PM me.

AJB1102

First Grade
Haha yeah mate, dumb luck
Val declares he's out and in less than 2 weeks SJ gets granted a release and is about to sign a pretty long term deal with the Sharks... You wouldnt DREAM about it!

Also i've been named the attorney of a wealthy saudi prince who has unexpectedly died with no dependant. He happens to share your surname of 1102, so I'll be able to forge documents to "prove" you as a dependent. If you're interested in this unique opportunity, please PM me.

PM'd.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It's not. Telling him they wouldn't be offering a contract beyond 2019 is clearly stating he's not in their plans. To think he'd negotiate a lesser contract at 28 is not naive, it's either tactical or downright clueless to think he wouldn't pull the pin for them.

They never said they wouldn't offer him a contract.

Exsilium

First Grade
Ricky Stuart deserves to make the finals.

Bless his heart, he tries so hard.

Sign with Canberra SJ. You won’t regret it...

AJB1102

First Grade
Ricky Stuart deserves to make the finals.

Bless his heart, he tries so hard.

Sign with Canberra SJ. You won’t regret it...

I think Rick does have a good heart and tries real hard. Off the field he does a lot of good things through his various charity events, his foundation and him using his position to raise awareness.

Ricky's ability to do those good things relies on his profile; he'll always be a great ex-player but he's not a media personality and probably never would be. The Raiders are doing a great community service keeping him relevant. There should be a 50 cent paywall on his post game press conferences with it all going to good causes, they gotta be the most viewed of all post game pressers.

nick87

Coach
Stuart’s passion, heart and belief has never been in question
Nor his qualities as a player

None of that particularly matters in relation to his ability to be an NRL coach. He stinks at that and the that’s all that really matters haha

beave

Coach

None of that particularly matters in relation to his ability to be an NRL coach. He stinks at that and the that’s all that really matters haha

The only accolade he achieved was pretty much due to pilfering all the good work Graham Murray did and the fact the best team of that year got their points taken off them and couldn’t play them in the GF.

Brian Smith > Ricky Stuart

Exsilium

First Grade

Ivan Cleary is Stuart 2.0.

Just need him to jag a premiership and then I’ll settle for mediocre results thereafter