What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors supporters outnumber manly fan in GF

innsaneink

Referee
Any chance there'll be more Warriors fans at ANZ on Sun than manly fans?
Wouldnt surprise me...everyone I know bar one dickhead is supporting the Warriors...seems to be a lot here right now

oval

Juniors
Wouldnt surprise me...everyone I know bar one dickhead is supporting the Warriors...seems to be a lot here right now

How come you're not supporting the Warriors as well?

What a turn around from 2002 when they couldn't buy a friend, even the Telecrap hopped on the RW&B wagon so that the trophy didn't head overseas.

What a turn around from 2002 when they couldn't buy a friend, even the Telecrap hopped on the RW&B wagon so that the trophy didn't head overseas.

There was not much to like about them then and once they got stuck into Fitler and the rest of the roosters fired up that plan backfired.

this years Warriors are full of exciting talent.

plus, it's f**king manly..

firechild

First Grade
I doubt it. 90% of Sydney will be going for the Warriors but most of them will be watching at home or at the pub. No doubt NZ will get far more support than Melbourne got in 2008 but I still think maroon and white will dominate the ANZ crowd.

MSIH

Bench
Hope so, gives me more chance of getting to the fence for a Manly victory lap if it transpires.

tz17

Juniors
I'll say it straight up, im a manly fan but this is how i see it.

In 2008 ANZ was a sea of maroon and white. I reckon atleast 65-70k diehard manly fans.
This time round with the australia being another state of NZ i see alot more NZ fans than storm. There may be the nuetrals who will be going for the warriors but they won't be wearing merchandise or waiving flags for NZ. I'd be very suprised if ANZ resembled a "blackout" as everyone is calling it will be :shock:

I think you'll find there might be a 60/40 split manly's way in fan support, but as in being able to recognise who has the majority of the support i'd be shocked if warriors came out in front on that one. It will be a sea of maroon and white in that regard :cool:

Eels Dude

Coach
Most people attending the grand final would have bought their tickets months ago so are mutual fans of the game. There'll be as many actual Manly fans as there are Warriors fans but the crowd support will be heavily in favour of the Warriors from the mutuals.

Raider_69

Post Whore

Tbh id be shocked if it wasnt the case, im yet to find a relative or friend who isnt a manly fan who is going for them. Its Manly fans v the rest, which is probably how Dessie likes it

My boss said to me this arvo "You'd think that 60% of fans will be backing in the warriors this weekend"
I said to him "buggered if i know where you're finding the other 35% who are supporting manly"

Its great, we've got a genuine underdog up against a team everyone loves to hate.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'll say it straight up, im a manly fan but this is how i see it.

In 2008 ANZ was a sea of maroon and white. I reckon atleast 65-70k diehard manly fans.

If you had that many "die hard" fans then why could you only draw 14k to the SFS the other week? Did you suddenly lose 50,000 of these "die hard" fans in the space of 3 years?

tz17

Juniors
If you had that many "die hard" fans then why could you only draw 14k to the SFS the other week? Did you suddenly lose 50,000 of these "die hard" fans in the space of 3 years?

It's been well documented why the crowd was so low. But just to remind you here are a few of main reasons. Poor time for families to attend ans as a protest against the NRL's decision to take our home ground advantage from brookie.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Everywhere i go and everything i have watched has had Warriors outnumber Manly fans.