What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors v Knights - recap

Knights01

Juniors
Well another trip across the ditch - but a solid performance by the boys nevertheless - however I always cringe when I see one Tony De Las Heras striding out to centre field.

He made some inconsistent calls during the game - some went our way but too many 50/50 calls went their way.

In saying that though - the Knights of last year may have rolled over and got towelled up again - yet the Knights of '08 gritted their teeth and stuck to their guns and lets face it there were some game turning moments at the end:

* the run away try to Ah Van looked to have sunk us (would either a) a higher kick or b) through the hands would have worked better??)
* super interchange of play with Gidley searching across field and getting Wes his 2nd
* if Logan Swan was onside for the intercept then deadset I am Santa Claus (clever work by the NZ camera crew as I don't remember seeing a replay of that last play - and I am sure the NRL issued a warning this year that every player must have either both foot on or behind the tryline - not that Newcastle do it either - but that was a tough call)

Anyway 7 days to lick the wounds before they take on the red-hot Broncos. Lets up Marsh and Hodges are missing again and that Lockyer gets rested!!!

Nuke

Staff member
I thought that Tony DeLaHeras was a fair dinkum joke out there today. I'm not someone who bags referees, as I know they have a hard job to do and every little decision of theirs gets over-analysed and critisised. I also feel video referees should be left for the really tough decisions regarding tries (let the referees use their nous - even if they get it wrong ... that's just human nature), but today's referee had a shocker and should not be allowed to ref Knights games ever again (okay, that's an overreaction, but it really seems like he doesn't like us).

I haven't been so pissed off at a ref in a long time as I was today!

Knights01

Juniors
Ah well I hope Mullo pulls through - as it is imperative that we continue to win at home. They are travelling better than most people's predicitons - which is great to see. So lets hope they get the cash against Bris next Sunday
knightscartoon.gif

Karmawave

Bench
I think a few people overlook the massive turnaround that Ah Van try was.

It was basically a 12 point turnaround - instead of the Knights scoring, the Warriors did.

Dureau played OK , but his ordinary low flat kick to Ah Van was as bad as an intercept pass.

roopy

Referee

It was basically a 12 point turnaround - instead of the Knights scoring, the Warriors did.

Dureau played OK , but his ordinary low flat kick to Ah Van was as bad as an intercept pass.
And those high bombs of his are damaging the ozone layer and contributing to global warming.

Johns Magic

Referee

I don't think it's been overlooked, I just think people realise that it's bleedingly obvious.

No malice intended in that comment either mate.

I don't think it's been overlooked, I just think people realise that it's bleedingly obvious.

No malice intended in that comment either mate.
Gotta agree with JM. This isn't the Parramatta forum Karma Wave! You know the one where people say things like "If we had played better we might have won!" I think the fact the worst defensive side in the comp towelled Parra up in townsville suggests that Hages so called influence is showing signs of being a complete crock. Scotty Dureau played quite well and he is only in his fifth first grade match so give it a rest.

Jono078

Referee
Yeh that grubber that went dead wasnt on IMO, passing would have worked better..

But he done quite a few things right for the team to try get us in the game, set up a couple of tries/linebreaks and the 40/20.

That Ah Van try, well tbh im not a fan of cross field kicks when you dont have big backs the size of Matt King to catch them, I like the grubber, if you dont score grab the repeat set.

darkness

Juniors
The ref did have a shocker and I was pissed off with him too, but at the end of the day once again, we had opportunities and relying on the ref to get decisions right is about as clever drinking chlorine and brake fluid together or at all for that matter. I am beggining to be realistic about our chances, I first thought top 4 was a possible chance, but now I have to settle for top 8 as a slim chance. That's 4 games now where it's been tooth and nail, and as proud as I have been of every win, I guess, unless we start showing some dominance in our wins, more often then not we are gonna be on the wrong side of the score board no matter how close they all are, but win or lose so long as they tough it out like they have been, the supporters will stay solid.

Coopah_Knights

Juniors
heads up boys.
we all know its hard to win over in new zealand.
we will go that one step further next week against the broncos!

roopy

Referee
I said at the start of the season that we would start slow and improve as the season goes on.
We have started a lot better than i thought we would, but i still think we will continue to improve all season.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I think people are being a bit harsh on Scotty tbh. Sure, his grubber that went dead on tackle three wasn't the best option and the kick that Ah Van ran the length of the field from should have been higher or along the ground. But in saying that, he's only 21, he's young and will make mistakes that come with being inexperienced. We need to stick with him and not hang him out to dry.

Spitty

Juniors
I agree Jobdog. He was a bit up and down today, but you could tell he was trying his guts out.

Tony Dee Lah Harrah was very much out of his league. He seemed very intimidated by the crowd and the Warriors players and then late in the game he seemed to try and even it out by giving us some consilations.

He wasn't brave enough to penalise the Warriors for off side on there line when Swann took the intercept, nor was he on the play before the Ah Van try.

I really didn't enjoy the game other than the last 5 minutes. There was no consitency, no pressure building. I don't remember seeing three consecutive sets of six without a penalty inbetween and almost every try game off the back of a penalty.

Hanscholo

Bench
I thought the better side won on the day. In saying that i thought the referee was pathetic. In particular the video referee awarding a penalty for the strip, that did cost us the match. The referee is so far out of his depth he would struggle to referee an under 12 rugby union match.

Latest posts