What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was this the most boring Grand final ever?

nqboy

First Grade
Stick it up your arse, Lemon. Just cos the Rorters aren't in it.

We lost and I still loved it.

anjado

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Fastest game ever? Lol. fast, yes. Fastest ever? Origins back in the 1980's had the same speed.

I recall Preston Campbells stats post match - he made something like 11 mistakes according to the NRL stats page. If you want a mistake free grand final, watch the '85 decider.
As has allgrand finals since 1908.
As has 80% of grand finals since 1908
Contradiction? I though you said it was mistake free? If there were many scoring opportunities, why was the score so low?
great defense duh wow what a brilliant mind you are

I'll name 10 that I have seen.

1991 (The game most Penrith fans seem to have forgotten)

And from the history books....

Rugby League was not all boring before your birth 12 years ago.

no f**k wit i will put my knowledge of rugby league over yours any f**king day
it is statistically the fastest game ever played
so well done showed your knowledge there
and the score was low wow from good defense
oops must of forgot about defence there

1999 it had a good finish and was a good game
1997 it had a good finish and was a good game through the emotion
1991 (The game most Penrith fans seem to have forgotten) no f**king way
ive seen 1991 and 2003 a hell of alot more times then you have and your well wrong
1989 ok its the best grand final of all time
1986 so you will take a good defensive game over a game with good attack and defence
1981 was an ok game but its on a similair level to 91
1978 aint seen this game
1977 only seen the replay cant say anything on the first game
1976 this was ok but not as good as 2003 john peard just kept bombing the ball all game
1975.ok so a game with a blow out scoreline is better then a close game
the roosters showed great attack but jesus it was 38-0 it wasnt in the balance at all after half time

ive seen the 1965 grand final on tape it was a good game
but its not better then 2003
the others i havent seen and neither have you
and youve left out the 1971 grand final which was one of the best ive seen
not bad for a 12 year old hey wanker

melon....

Coach
Dutch Oven said:
I don't mind rugby league and watch a fair bit of it, but I'm an AFL fan first and foremost and think tonight's whole experience will only help AFL's cause in Sydney. People are already comparing the two grand finals on an entertainment basis, a match basis and what transpired afterwards (the language).

The two grand finals were chalk and cheese.
This GF may have bored me Dutchie, but for f**ks sake...the AFL GF was beyond boring. It was frustrating to watch, like every other game of AwFuL. You cant tackle, you cant throw the ball, but then again half the play contradicts this. Its scrappy, monotonous, a rabble, and based on pure luck.

Lets not even drag this thread down by mentioning AwFuL.

gaterooze

Bench
Geeze there are a lot of whingers here.

It was a very enjoyable game, a *lot* better than 2000, 2002, and 2004 (I would add 2001 but the Knights won, so...).

gaterooze

Bench
melon.... said:
This GF may have bored me Dutchie, but for f**ks sake...the AFL GF was beyond boring. It was frustrating to watch, like every other game of AwFuL. You cant tackle, you cant throw the ball, but then again half the play contradicts this. Its scrappy, monotonous, a rabble, and based on pure luck.

Even the VIC AFL writers have bagged the AFL GF for being a B-grade mess which was boring and frustrating right until the last few minutes.

Comparing the two GFs sees League win by a country mile!

Red Bear

Referee
anjado said:
no f**k wit i will put my knowledge of rugby league over yours any f**king day
it is statistically the fastest game ever played
so well done showed your knowledge there
and the score was low wow from good defense
oops must of forgot about defence there

1999 it had a good finish and was a good game
1997 it had a good finish and was a good game through the emotion
1991 (The game most Penrith fans seem to have forgotten) no f**king way
ive seen 1991 and 2003 a hell of alot more times then you have and your well wrong
1989 ok its the best grand final of all time
1986 so you will take a good defensive game over a game with good attack and defence
1981 was an ok game but its on a similair level to 91
1978 aint seen this game
1977 only seen the replay cant say anything on the first game
1976 this was ok but not as good as 2003 john peard just kept bombing the ball all game
1975.ok so a game with a blow out scoreline is better then a close game
the roosters showed great attack but jesus it was 38-0 it wasnt in the balance at all after half time

ive seen the 1965 grand final on tape it was a good game
but its not better then 2003
the others i havent seen and neither have you
and youve left out the 1971 grand final which was one of the best ive seen
not bad for a 12 year old hey wanker
Dude 81 grand final was awesome, saw the tape of it. Much better than 91 and better than 2003.

71 grand final was great as well.

jono078 said:
I didnt think it was the best game, I think because there wasnt a team to hate added to that imo.

That there is the answer. I would say 99% of the rl community didn't care who won. They didn't get involved by really getting bahind a side. Had it been Wests or Cowboys v Parra or Saints it would have been different.

It had it's moments and was nowhere as bad as the snooze fest that was 2000 GF. But l guess like 2001, 2002 Wests looked like winners for 90% of the night but just never put them away till late on.

Good on em though.

anjado

Juniors
i agree the 1981 was a great grand final
it had great tries and was an exciting game
but i dont think its as good as 2003
even peter frilingos said 2003 was the best grand final he had seen

Bulldog Power

Juniors
02 was boring, 01 was ok 00 was ok, because dogs were winning at halftime and then broncos came out and just played awesome footy, 99 was exciting with st george choking massively

03 was superfast and intense, definetly exciting... 04 had alot of dropped ball but because of the close score line for the whole of the 2nd half, it was a very exciting game

05 was over by 5 minutes into the first half.... the tigers third try in a row to make the game 18-6 told me the game was over, cowboys werent gonna be able to come back.. so yes it was boring, because there also alot of dropped ball

El Diablo

Post Whore
Bulldog Power said:
02 was boring, 01 was ok 00 was ok, because dogs were winning at halftime and then broncos came out and just played awesome

Dogs weren't in the 2000 GF

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
You mean the one on Sunday that rated higher than the 2004 Grand Final?

No idea.

I suppose its a once in a lifetime opportunity for WESTS fans as it took them only 36 years for a win. The 2005 GF is a bit like the sydney olympics.....................................

bulldogs-champion said:
I suppose its a once in a lifetime opportunity for WESTS fans as it took them only 36 years for a win. The 2005 GF is a bit like the sydney olympics.....................................

36 years?

Are you really that stupid?

What am I saying?

bulldogs-champion said:
i might also add 1952

1969 was Balmain, not Wests.

There is no relevance to 1969 for Wests Magpies supporters who now follow the JV.

If that's getting too tough for you to comprehend, let me get an interpreter on your level to help you.

A Lettuce should do.

Latest posts