What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was this the most boring Grand final ever?

innsaneink

Referee
melon.... said:
Did is surpass the sleepy 2000 gF? Did it meet your expectations? Was it a mediocre GF? Was it brilliant?

I dont know what it was. Firstly Congrats to teh Maggettes. Nothing can take away the fact you are NRL Champions.

But tell me you havent seen better club games this year. Where was teh intensity...even the celebrations were brain dead, and subdued.

What about the call....abysmal. Warren should now offically retire. Gould was nowhere to be seen which was great, and the othrs offered jack sh*te.

Over all, IMO, the whole thing including the pathetic half time entertainment with some skank that should be collecting dollar bills swinging from brass poles, was drab and boring.

But then its been a boring season, probably the lowest standard of play for about 4 years.

Still though a couple of good teams played and will go down in history. Thats something special for their players and fans.

2003 & 2004 werent bad....I was there and enjoeyed em both, not wanting so much the Panthers & Dogs to win, more so want the Roosters to lose.
Last nite was evenbetter, may not have been the most attractive game, thats not the players aim f**ktard, the aim is to win,any way possible.

Papa_smurf

Juniors
Boring? hahahaha

-One of the greatest grand final trys

-3 props scoring trys

-Both teams in the game until the 78th minute

-Plenty of offloads

-end to end line breaks

-players getting pushed back on there ass after hitting the pill up

And u think it was boring??? hahaha

It maybe wasnt the game of the yr, but it had 150 games 2 compete with through out the yr

And plus the guys had 2 listen 2 that bird from neighbours sing, that wld put nebody off there game, but not those boys last night

Those who think there was no intensity...ask the tigers D if they werent sh*t scared when thurston, bowen were play makeing trying 2 make a big play 2 put there boys over 4 premiership glory ruck after ruck after ruck

then go ask the cowboys defence if they werent packing it when laffranchi and gibbs where charging up the ball at a million metres per second...and when marshall, prince and hodgo had the ball in hand ready 2 pull off a piece of magic

then go screw urself all u gealous clowns!!!

Go tigers

Ubsy

Juniors
I 2nd that......
I was at the game and thought that the atmosphere was great (although the atmosphere with 40,000 last week at Aussie still appeared slightly better).

But then again, who gives a F**K.

TIGERS PREMIERS IN 2005

salivor

First Grade
Papa_smurf said:
then go screw urself all u gealous clowns!!!

I think your having trouble differentiating the two statements: "It was a dull game" and "We're trying to rain on the Tigers parade". It was a very dull Grand Final, big deal, it's not an attack on the Tigers. The Broncos v Roosters Grand Final was the most dour Grand Final I've watched but I still have great memories of my team winning the comp that day.

MrSharky

Juniors
Yes it was very VERY boring...

It lacked big match intensity; the type we would've seen if the chokers (Eels/Dragons) made it...

icon6.gif

bluenwhite

Juniors
agreed MrSharky, i almost wished one of those teams was there to make the game a little more interesting. especially if the dragons were there.

eelsta

Bench
MrSharky said:
Yes it was very VERY boring...

It lacked big match intensity; the type we would've seen if the chokers (Eels/Dragons) made it...

icon6.gif

or if the sharks made it

knights04

Bench
It was quite entertaining and certainly not boring. It was also good watching two underdogs for once and no Roosters. Well done Tigers. :clap:

MrSharky

Juniors
eelsta said:
or if the sharks made it

I know you are being sarcastic... but you are forgetting that the Sharks DO lift for the big games and pull their fingers out, while the Eels don't...

That doesn't mean that I think we should have been in the GF (but we were robbed v Dragons)...

icon6.gif

Y2Eel

First Grade
MrSharky said:
I know you are being sarcastic... but you are forgetting that the Sharks DO lift for the big games and pull their fingers out, while the Eels don't...

That doesn't mean that I think we should have been in the GF (but we were robbed v Dragons)...

icon6.gif

Yeap you really have lifted for the finals how many years now have you guys lifted the trophey at the end of the season?

MrSharky

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
Yeap you really have lifted for the finals how many years now have you guys lifted the trophey at the end of the season?

Why does that matter?

'86 is way too far back for you to prove that the Eels have been a finals force of late... :roll:

I mean... 29-0

icon6.gif

eelsta

Bench
MrSharky said:

of course you were:roll:

I can think one thing unites all league fans and that is our collective delight that the Sharks remains barren after so many years.
Perhaps there wasn't the same build up without the traditional big name sides and there was no great history or rivalry between the clubs that could be embellished and ran ad nauseum by the media but again I must express relief that the two absolute pretenders, SHARKS and MANLY were not there.
Mr Sharky, you are forever criticising Wests but I think you would acknowledge that the display of skill and speed you saw out there from both sides was something that you have not seen from the Sharks in a long time, not since 99' at least.

QldRabbit

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
same could be said for
2000 - Broncos
2001 - Knights
2002- Roosters
2003 - Panthers
2004 - Bulldogs

but lets be honest since the move to Telstra none of the Granf Finals have really been that good, there just doesn't seem to be the same atmopshere.

Yeah if had been at a diiferent stadium there would have been more big hits, punch ups, last minute trys, extra time golden point. Damn you stadium, damn you straight to hell. Please give me a break.

bjm8

Juniors
Of course you'd all say they were boring if your team wasnt in it! You ask me my favourites and ill say '89, '94 and '05. I was a Balmain boy but got behind big Mal in '94 (dont up me for bandwagoning, i was only 8).

MrSharky

Juniors
TV Ted Ellery said:
I can think one thing unites all league fans and that is our collective delight that the Sharks remains barren after so many years.
Perhaps there wasn't the same build up without the traditional big name sides and there was no great history or rivalry between the clubs that could be embellished and ran ad nauseum by the media but again I must express relief that the two absolute pretenders, SHARKS and MANLY were not there.
Mr Sharky, you are forever criticising Wests but I think you would acknowledge that the display of skill and speed you saw out there from both sides was something that you have not seen from the Sharks in a long time, not since 99' at least.

Mate I am far from critical of Wests actually...

AFIC they were the only team this year that played 100% to their strengths; and they reaped the rewards...

I was only critical of the overhyped Tigers/Cowboys match-up... and how it failed to deliver...

icon6.gif

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The Tigers players themselves didn't seem as excited this week as they were last week, which was strange. Compare it to the Bulldogs last year who went absolutely nuts- the Tigers actually had the bonus of scoring a last minute try, and still didn't really get into it.

bluenwhite

Juniors
bjm8 said:
Of course you'd all say they were boring if your team wasnt in it! You ask me my favourites and ill say '89, '94 and '05. I was a Balmain boy but got behind big Mal in '94 (dont up me for bandwagoning, i was only 8).
actually no.. my team wasn't in 2003, 2001, 1999, 1997 and i enjoyed those grand finals.

Latest posts