What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching SOO3 in Malaysia.....help

sharknows

Bench
Hope one of the more seasoned travellers here might know where I could go to see the game. I'm in Penang Batu Ferringhi area..nrl live stream won't work on the iPad.
Cheers

Quigs

Immortal
suffer yuh bastard..

Just read live up dates here in the Gallen Room.

carcharias

Immortal
Went there about 10 years ago
Near Penang and saw a finals match in a Irish sounding joint.
Flemings or flanagans or finnagans ????

I remember because there was a fat broncos fan yelling at the TV .

I think there is a Hard Rock Cafe in Penang .
Maybe they'll show it.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Hope one of the more seasoned travellers here might know where I could go to see the game. I'm in Penang Batu Ferringhi area..nrl live stream won't work on the iPad.
Cheers

I had livestream working on my ipad while in the US & Europe, it was the only way I could get my footy fix.

Jaegerex

Juniors
Do you have flash on the ipad? Could be why it doesn't work, could also try a different browser. Hard to see why it wouldn't work at all.

sharknows

Bench
Do you have flash on the ipad? Could be why it doesn't work, could also try a different browser. Hard to see why it wouldn't work at all.

Thanks J Flash isn't available for iPad but I found an alternate which I've downloaded and able to watch video from NRL streaming site so fingers crossed it will all work for me. Thanks for the help.
Will still try & find a pub or bar in George Town tomorrow but no one here seems to know what rugby league or SOO are......they look at me like I'm from another planet......we'll I guess I am to them..... Everything here is soccer World Cup.
We'll better get down to the beach for a swim & a tiger beer now!

Click2000

Juniors
setanta sports mate any pub with cable will have Setanta, there are a few pubs along there plus the Shangri la is there and they have a decent bar in there that might show it but all across asia setanta sport shows it live but in george town you'll have no worries

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yep Sentana sports. I've been watching all the NRL action here in Thailand. Or find a bar that streams live sport. I had to with the Shawls game on sat.

carcharias

Immortal
How's the food cools?

Had the best meals ever over there.
Funnily enough I never get Thai here.

I make a bit ... Not very authentic I'd imagine ... No packet stuff though.

sharknows

Bench
setanta sports mate any pub with cable will have Setanta, there are a few pubs along there plus the Shangri la is there and they have a decent bar in there that might show it but all across asia setanta sport shows it live but in george town you'll have no worries
Shangri la is virtually next door so I'll check them out

husky65

Juniors
Works on iPad,

http://hidemyass.com/vpn/

and then access Livestream by telling it that you are in a country where there is no NRL cable deal (Sweden, Finland, Belgium) for example.

You might want to try the Hong Kong Bar in Georgetown, that was where the Aust Rifle Company in RAAF Butterworth always hung out back in my day (and I suspect the tradition persists), so if there is going to be SOO there, that is almost certain.

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
How's the food cools?

Had the best meals ever over there.
Funnily enough I never get Thai here.

I make a bit ... Not very authentic I'd imagine ... No packet stuff though.
Food is awesome in any of the side street cafés, seafood heaven and nice and cheap. Thai's don't do the breakfast thing too good though. I'm doing a cooking class tomorrow to learn how to do the curries from scratch, I will post some recipes when i get back if you like.

Jaegerex

Juniors
Thanks J Flash isn't available for iPad but I found an alternate which I've downloaded and able to watch video from NRL streaming site so fingers crossed it will all work for me. Thanks for the help.
Will still try & find a pub or bar in George Town tomorrow but no one here seems to know what rugby league or SOO are......they look at me like I'm from another planet......we'll I guess I am to them..... Everything here is soccer World Cup.
We'll better get down to the beach for a swim & a tiger beer now!

No worries, I have a nexus myself and I know google dropped flash support, so to use it you have to use a different browser and chase the .apk for it. Thought apple may have been the same. Hopefully it keeps working tomorrow for you.
As Husky said though, you may have to use a vpn but given you could view the replays, you should be good for the live stream.

carcharias

Immortal
Food is awesome in any of the side street cafés, seafood heaven and nice and cheap. Thai's don't do the breakfast thing too good though. I'm doing a cooking class tomorrow to learn how to do the curries from scratch, I will post some recipes when i get back if you like.

Good one!

Madsharkie

First Grade

Ran a conference at the Shangri La back in 2001, I think. Was an amazing resort and had the best time.

carcharias

Immortal
When I was a kid I was a bit of a swimmer.
Never won anything major but got a few placings at major swim meets.
State titles and school state titles etc.

Anyway my family went to Penang on a holiday and they happened to have their swimming titles on there.
A kids dad who worked at the resort we were at invited us to go in it.
My sister also swam pretty good .
Anyway we both destroyed all comers and won every race we went in.
The kid who came 2nd to me was the son of some very high up local royal.
They invited us to their mansion ( complete with huge swimming pool )for lunch the next day .

It was really cool.
Mums got a heaps of photos somewhere.
Top spot.

Latest posts