What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett and future coach talk

It's been doing the rounds for a while that K Hunt is back to Brisbane as well, imagine if he took Darius with him.

Barba, Hoffman, Hunt, Milford and Boyd in the same squad is LOLz all round.

Last edited:

Haffa

He can turn them around from 6th place with a decent list? LOL! That's brilliant, what a genius!!

You couldn't make that stuff up.

Noname36

First Grade
I think most of that article is made up tbh

Not one quote.

Edit - if he is going back to Brissy though sadly we can wave Gagai goodbye and we'll probably get stuck with Boyd unless he's willing to play another position up there.

Last edited:
Macavity have you seen his heartless efforts for 9/10 games over the past 3 years, it's all well and good to be great not much point if you put in gutless efforts though.

Nuffy

Bench
Can't believe people seem upset that we might "get stuck" with our best player.

I think the chance are slim of this happening but think it would be good for the club and even better for Darius.

He needs to get out from under Bennett's wing and be his own man.

He has got it in him to be an all time crowd favourite in Newcastle but his attitude needs some work.

Frankly we dont have an ready made replacement.

Swarzey

Bench
Yeah Gagai wanting to "Return home" is a big concern for me. He's replaceable with the Mata'utias but I'd absolutely hate to see him leave, so much talent.

Oh well, f**k Bennett and f**k the Broncos. It's cute how some think he'll return the club to the "glory days" :lol:

Serc

First Grade
Yep living up here I can say that most of the media, fans and I think the club/board/staff haven't moved on from the 20 year golden era that ended in 2008

The vast majority of all the people connected to the Broncos will expect this - and this means they will need Milford to be everything he has promised, Hunt to keep playing like he has this year, to renew their forward pack over the next 2-4 years, and a gun outside back or two (maybe that will be Gagai - who knows)

When this doesn't happen (and while they may go close, I think its unlikely that they will reach quite to this level), then the knives will be out as they constantly have been for Henjak and Griffin during 2009-2014.

Nuffy

Bench
I think Gagai won't be going before his contract finishes.

Hodges is signed until the end of 2016, Reed until the end of 2017 so they have a lock on centres.

Gagai won't be able to fill in at FB because they have plenty of those and he wont play on the wing.

He might struggle to follow Bennett even if he wants to, ditto Leulia and Boyd.

Actually, Bennett going to the Bronco's might be the best scenario re us retaining players, I couldn't see their roster being improved by taking any of our players with Bennett clauses.

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench
I thought he only spoke to clubs that had a coaching vacancy?

Seriously, its about money and the fact that he thinks the Broncos roster is on the rise.

He is hoping that their roster will restore his credibility. That and the $4M dollars.

Alex28

Coach
Gagai doesn't have an out based on coach does he? I thought Leilua was the only one that does...

Nuffy

Bench
He is a bloke that has really been given a saloon passage by the media for much of his career.

The last few months with us has really tarnished his legacy and frankly his tenure has shown that his coaching ability may be way overstated. His ability to coach a superstar team to a premiership is okay, his ability to build a successful team from the ground up, not so much proven as implied.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Ok. So that's done. Now for
The knights to reveal our new coach so we can start talking about that and moving forward.

Latest posts