What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett and future coach talk

Haffa

Compared to the other teams around that year they were pretty damn good.

They'd have probably been pipped by the Storm if they were allowed to continue the rort but they still had a good team.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Meh, I didnt think all that much of that side to be honest and thought they over achieved really

They were certainly well balanced though but I think that was due to Waynes coaching and the players he brought into the side

Its hard not to give him credit for that premiership

Rod

Bench
I wouldn't be sad to see gagai go. Gets dominated in tackles way to often

I like the kid but I'm starting to agree. He was all over the shop yesterday, (though obviously wasn't alone). Gets through a lot of work but opposing teams are awake to the fact they can get numbers in the tackle and drive him back when he goes for his dummy half or one-out runs at the start of our set.

Alex28

Coach
Surely Bennett has to go now. Complete conflict of interest recruiting for next years Broncos while coaching us. No doubt he wants a few of our players too.

Show him the door now.

aqua_duck

Coach
Bennett as always tried to paint himself as some upstanding citizen but let's face it his true colours have come out

I would not be sad to see both Gagai and Leilua go. With Wayne gone I highly doubt either will be committed to our cause anymore. Sounds like Wayne has done a number on Griffin. I am actually now of the view he was always planning this return to Brisbane. Regardless of how we went this year. I have no answers as to he we bring in to replace a Gagai or Leilua should they walk. I would be going in for Matai. A better player than both those combined.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Surely Bennett has to go now. Complete conflict of interest recruiting for next years Broncos while coaching us. No doubt he wants a few of our players too.

Show him the door now.

Agreed, show him the same contempt he's shown us....

Bobby Dazzler

Juniors
I want Bennett gone now but what if we send him on his way and he takes over the Broncos immediately and goes on to coach them to finals footy? That would piss me off...

The only benefit of getting rid of him now would be is if Stone is going to be the coach next year. Brennan couldn't come now and there's no point in bringing in stoney for a few weeks only to demote him again, we would get no benefit and that wouldn't be fair on him either. If Stoney is coach next year then fair enough, he can come in and try get a few wins, try bring in a bit of a much needed positive feel and a spring in the step for a big off season.

I can't help but think how different things could have turned out for us after Tinkler took control if Bennett didn't come. Imagine if he did go to Souths and we landed Madge Maguire instead. We might have been in a completely different position and killing it. Tinkler might have even still owned the club. I know him losing the club wasn't performance based and was financial but maybe he would have dug a little deeper to ensure that wouldn't happen if we were a chance of winning a premiership in the next couple of years. It was a bullet that we didn't dodge...

Nuffy

Bench
I would not be sad to see both Gagai and Leilua go. With Wayne gone I highly doubt either will be committed to our cause anymore. Sounds like Wayne has done a number on Griffin. I am actually now of the view he was always planning this return to Brisbane. Regardless of how we went this year. I have no answers as to he we bring in to replace a Gagai or Leilua should they walk. I would be going in for Matai. A better player than both those combined.

I wonder whether he is going to take many if any, the Broncos roster is pretty good and strong is the centres area.

Also Boyd's options just reduced as they have Barba, Hoffman and Milford on the way.

Is he going to take a massive cut just to play under Bennett on the wing?

Seriously, its about money and the fact that he thinks the Broncos roster is on the rise.

He is hoping that their roster will restore his credibility. That and the $4M dollars.

the $4M dollars, and he is hoping that their roster will restore his credibility.

Correct order :)

1qaz

Juniors
He is a bloke that has really been given a saloon passage by the media for much of his career.

The last few months with us has really tarnished his legacy and frankly his tenure has shown that his coaching ability may be way overstated. His ability to coach a superstar team to a premiership is okay, his ability to build a successful team from the ground up, not so much proven as implied.

He built the Broncos from the ground up.
Even though the Knights first grade hasn't been up to scratch, you only need to at the lower grades to see the future isn't so bleak.
So you can thank Wayne for that

Nuffy

Bench
He built the Broncos from the ground up.
Even though the Knights first grade hasn't been up to scratch, you only need to at the lower grades to see the future isn't so bleak.
So you can thank Wayne for that

Seriously, any coach with ability would have won at least 3-4 premierships with the talent they had available. At most times it was a virtual Qld origin squad.

Also before you pat Bennett on the back for the juniors, my mail is that he has zippo to do with them, leaving it to others like Stone. Is it more a case that with Tinklers money, we were able to hang onto more of the juniors than before hence the teams are across the board better?