What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett quitting the Knights

Alex28

Coach
It was quite obvious watching today that they were not playing to a Bennett game plan, I think it was a sign that he's lost the dressing room and he can't do much if the players aren't buying into what he's telling them.

After he basically said his reason for leaving was that he was embarrassed in the way they played I'm not surprised he has lost the dressing room and I'm not surprised they are not buying his message. He threw every one of them under the boss in a weak attempt to save his reputation and income capacity.

insert.pause

First Grade
After he basically said his reason for leaving was that he was embarrassed in the way they played I'm not surprised he has lost the dressing room and I'm not surprised they are not buying his message. He threw every one of them under the boss in a weak attempt to save his reputation and income capacity.

He was embarrassed by his failure to get them to perform, I don't think he was trying to separate himself from the players.

I'm sure there was a financial element to it but I think he also recognised that with the new ownership model the club needs stability going further and he wasn't willing to commit to them long term.

dragon_around

Juniors
Bennett can pick the players he wants. And the coaching staff. If he says Boyd to wing or fullback I don't think there's anyone who can argue against it.

POPEYE

Coach
No reason Boyd can't go to Brisbane, Barba is not the Bennett type and Hoffman could be used elsewhere.

saint.nick

Coach
Pretty disappointed he's not coming, but I don't blame him for going to Brisbane at all, his family has to come first after being away for 6 years.

_Johnsy

Referee
There is only one scenario, and one alone that i truly fear.

That we sign another inexperienced coach (Mary) who is firmly entrenched within "the boys club". If we do sign mcGregor, this will not end well. I'll give it till the end of 2015.

oikee

Juniors
Its not a good look for Wayne is it, what a back stabber...

Broncos never had a coach since Bennett left, they had plenty of make believe coaches, even a make-believe CEO.
This club has gone nowhere since Bennett left. They still cant grow or crack 40 thousand members in a city of 2 million plus and rising.
Time for the NRL to grow, expand, cut Sydney teams and stop being so backward. We have not grown in 30 years as a code while every other code has thrived across Australia.
We need a couple of billionaires to shake up the code, Palmer and Koukash. They have grand plans of international nines.
Two teams for Brisbane and NZ, a team in Perth etc. What is our code waiting for, another Xmas to pass. We have done that for 30 years and got nowhere. We need vision.

Noname36

First Grade
If this is true that Bennett is going back to Brissy it's hardly surprising. I was surprised he was linked to a Dragons return to begin with. Seemed a bit "been there done that" but without the emotional/family attachment with the Broncos. If he hasn't signed yet though you can bet if the Dragons throw more money his way he'll consider it...

BennyV

Referee

Good thing they dont have Raelene Castle as CEO, amirite?!?!

Diesel

Referee
Disappointing for a club like Brisbane unable to recoup after Bennett left (on and off the field) and needs him back, what happens when Bennett leaves the Broncos again?