What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett quitting the Knights

Disappointing for a club like Brisbane unable to recoup after Bennett left (on and off the field) and needs him back, what happens when Bennett leaves the Broncos again?

All the talk is that Walters takes over but I reckon Lockyer is the smokey.

I would not be surprised at all if he is announced as one of Bennett's deputies.

Patorick

Staff member
Good thing they dont have Raelene Castle as CEO, amirite?!?!
1445315d1396643458-watchrecon-question-archer-1-phrasing.jpg

Noname36

First Grade
I get the feeling Stone isn't the next in line.

Yep. There's no point shafting Wayne until we know who the coach will be. If Stone isn't in line for the job there's absolutely no point giving him the side until the end of the year. It's not like it changes anything if he goes well.

I couldn't give a shit where Bennett goes but the only thing I don't like about him going back to Brissy is that I think that means the Knights lose Gagai but will probably have to keep Boyd. I can feel it.

Charlie124

First Grade
I like to think Benny will go back to the Broncos just to troll Darius Boyd, knowing that they wont sign him seeing as they already have half the competitions fullbacks.

Benny is like the guy lining up with his mates to get into a club, Darius Boyd is the mate who didnt wear the right shoes and gets left outside. Dont turn around, Wayne. Just walk inside and go straight to the bar.

I like to think Benny will go back to the Broncos just to troll Darius Boyd, knowing that they wont sign him seeing as they already have half the competitions fullbacks.

Benny is like the guy lining up with his mates to get into a club, Darius Boyd is the mate who didnt wear the right shoes and gets left outside. Dont turn around, Wayne. Just walk inside and go straight to the bar.

:lol: great analogy.

Will be interesting to see how all the dust settles.

I reckon the first to go from the Broncos will be Ben Barba. Wayne won't put up with the type of shit performances that Benny has been dishing out so far this season, especially for the coin that he'd be on and he isn't a Wayne Bennett style of player regardless.

Ben Hannant would be thrilled. He was rumoured to be on the outer but I don't think Bennett will let him go.

Don't think there'll be a spot for Darius. He may be on his own from here on in. Would not shock me to see K Hunt playing 5/8 next year.

Whatever happens, I reckon the team that runs out for the donkeys in round 1 next year will be significantly different to the one that finishes off 2014.

One thing is for sure, just about every significant off contract player will be rumoured to be going to the Broncos from here on in... Plus quite a few who are on contract but seen to be unhappy.

Last edited:

gregstar

Referee
i'd be worrying about inglis if i was a rabbitoh fan.

it would appear contracts are worth f*ckall now, especially when news limited owns your club.

Hench

Juniors
-Griffin will remain coach for rest of the year
-Kevin Walters strongly rumoured to be assistan coach under Wayne
- Brennan to be coach of the Knights next season.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Will be interesting to see how all the dust settles.

I reckon the first to go from the Broncos will be Ben Barba. Wayne won't put up with the type of shit performances that Benny has been dishing out so far this season, especially for the coin that he'd be on and he isn't a Wayne Bennett style of player regardless.

Ben Hannant would be thrilled. He was rumoured to be on the outer but I don't think Bennett will let him go.

Don't think there'll be a spot for Darius. He may be on his own from here on in. Would not shock me to see K Hunt playing 5/8 next year.

Whatever happens, I reckon the team that runs out for the donkeys in round 1 next year will be significantly different to the one that finishes off 2014.

One thing is for sure, just about every significant off contract player will be rumoured to be going to the Broncos from here on in... Plus quite a few who are on contract but seen to be unhappy.

263931_1_M.jpg

Rod

Bench
Not just Gidley but Wayne puts up with Boyd only putting in every third game so....

In saying that though I agree Barba just doesn't seem like a good fit for Bennett.

blaza88z

Coach
you'd have to think Griffin will get another job at another club without too much fuss, coaching the Broncos given the record we've had when it comes to making the finals is such a high pressure role to fill

part of me feels sorry for Griffin, then I remember watching Wallace and Prince in the halves and part of me just wants to get shitfaced and celebrate

Latest posts