What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett quitting the Knights

Kiwi

First Grade
Well ladies and gentleman have a look at how he strangled the Knights attack to death we were a top 8 side when he arrived and he tried to turn us into Dragons mark II.

How is that going to go down with Milford, Barba, Hoffman, Hodges and Hunt who are all off the cuff footballers, be interesting to see him destroy Milford like he did Uate who before Bennett got their was the best and exciting winger in the game and is now a train wreck!

Enjoy.
what you mean he tried to teach them how to defend and play consistent footy, the nerve of the man. He took them closer to a grand final than they had been for a very long time.

As for this year, the knights have been through a lot, on and off the field, not surprised they have struggled.

Comparing Milford to Uate, oh you better believe that's a paddlin'

Both attacking guns, that don't play to a structure obviously different posse's.

And hey Uate pre Bennett was on par as, as talented as Milford remember the Thriller not what Bennett burnt and left us with.

--Storm--

Juniors
There in the Top 8, only 1 win outside the Top 4, everyone is going on how there struggling badly, they could have at least waited to see how the rest of the season pans out, they could easily win the comp if they have things go there way finals time..

what you mean he tried to teach them how to defend and play consistent footy, the nerve of the man. He took them closer to a grand final than they had been for a very long time.

As for this year, the knights have been through a lot, on and off the field, not surprised they have struggled.

LOL 3/4's of his roster was brought in buy him, and 3 years in he still couldn't get us going.

Only reason we won was because Bedsy played out of his skin, take him out of there and we were heartless rabble.

Rod

Bench
I don't believe Bennett is past it but looking back I don't believe he was a good fit for us. Why that was is hard to nail down to a specific reason(s) but if after three years to work with your team they're still dishing up performances like yesterday it's probably best to just cut and run, for both parties.

That being said, there's always a sense of bitterness among fans if a quality player or coach leaves their club but in this instance I think we might be at least somewhat justified in feeling a bit ripped off by Bennett's departure at this time. There's certainly a sense of 'bailing as soon as the going gets tough' about it all that I think has left a sour taste in the mouth of a lot of Knights fans.

In many ways I'll miss having Bennett as a coach but I won't miss us attempting to plod our way through a game of football like we did yesterday. And before people start talking about how yesterday's emotion got the better of us etc., us getting dominated in the wrestle and our ludicrously slow play-the-balls are not consigned to just yesterday.

Will be curious to see what style of football he has the Broncos playing next year.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Hopefully he bring his 92-93 playbook with him and burns the rest .
Wayne have a chat to mick potter.
Thats what the fans want.
Attacking football thats well executed .
I don't think thats too much to ask.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hopefully Newcastle can find a coach who can get them playing some free flowing football with the up front toughness their fans expect of them.

for Broncos well I guess they are used to success and see him bringing it, even if it is short term. then again what club plans more than three years ahead anyway?

Kiwi

First Grade
There in the Top 8, only 1 win outside the Top 4, everyone is going on how there struggling badly, they could have at least waited to see how the rest of the season pans out, they could easily win the comp if they have things go there way finals time..
I said the broncos were a top four side before the season started, got laughed at. Hoffman in the 6 has cost us at least two games, those points would see us equal first right now.

flippikat

Bench
Maybe the Broncos can see the writing on the wall - and realising their monopoly will soon be over, they're grasping for success before they have to compete for the Brisbane market?

Kiwi

First Grade
Maybe the Broncos can see the writing on the wall - and realising their monopoly will soon be over, they're grasping for success before they have to compete for the Brisbane market?
they already compete for it, have done for a while now

Latest posts