What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 1st Semi Final: India v New Zealand - Manchester 9/7/19 (NZ won by 18 runs)

vvvrulz

Coach
How is it that the fans of every other country can see what a selfish cricketer he is but virtually every Indian fan reckons he’s better than Bradman.

It's just straight up propaganda.

It's also how this 91* got elevated to kingly status when in reality he was the third best batsman on the day, coasting fairly comfortably towards a modest target in good conditions against a beaten up bowling attack.

No mention of Gambhir top scoring, already turning the tide with Kohli, elevating himself above the player of the tournament for no reason apart from the glory. Mark Nicolarse called it the greatest ODI innings of all time which is pure nonsense.

You can't have a WC playoff now without it being mentioned, never mind the fact that his big tournament record is mediocre as f**k and he has now bottled two semi-finals.

Pommy

Coach
Serious question though - how much of the final will the commentators spend discussing India? If that main commentator that worships them and Ganguly get a stint in the box we'll be hearing plenty about it. Especially if it's a one sided game.

Well if Slater is commentating it all not at all.

simmo1

First Grade
Its not the greatest innings of all time, but 91* in a WC final needing somewhere around a run a ball is a fine knock worthy of praise.

He has bottled his last two WC's though, no question.

Timbo

Staff member
It's just straight up propaganda.

It's also how this 91* got elevated to kingly status when in reality he was the third best batsman on the day, coasting fairly comfortably towards a modest target in good conditions against a beaten up bowling attack.

No mention of Gambhir top scoring, already turning the tide with Kohli, elevating himself above the player of the tournament for no reason apart from the glory. Mark Nicolarse called it the greatest ODI innings of all time which is pure nonsense.

You can't have a WC playoff now without it being mentioned, never mind the fact that his big tournament record is mediocre as f**k and he has now bottled two semi-finals.

I guess it's nothing new from the BCCI. I always had infinitely more respect for Dravid as a cricketer over Tendulkar. But you can't say that to an Indian or they'll leap down your throat about how wrong you are.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I guess it's nothing new from the BCCI. I always had infinitely more respect for Dravid as a cricketer over Tendulkar. But you can't say that to an Indian or they'll leap down your throat about how wrong you are.
Really, Sachin everyday of the week.

Not even a contest, ok a contest.

Dravid never gives up, Sachin had all the shots.

vvvrulz

Coach
Its not the greatest innings of all time, but 91* in a WC final needing somewhere around a run a ball is a fine knock worthy of praise.

He has bottled his last two WC's though, no question.

Fine knock, great knock even. But like I said the third best on the night and yet it's the only innings associated with the world cup and that bloody six is still being shoved down our throats.

Look the man himself, despite being past it now, is still hands down the best keeper-batsmen India has ever produced and strolls into their all-time XI.

The problem is the inflation of it all, he's padded so far beyond reality it's actually insane.

TheParraboy

Staff member
So, with Team India gonski

Only one team out of the 3 remaining to have won a WC, 5 in fact

Aussies end up losing, we will have a debutant WC winner

Bazal

Post Whore

I felt sorry for Tendulkar in a lot of ways, but yeah VVS and Dravid were the guys I had the most respect for in that setup

vvvrulz

Coach
I felt sorry for Tendulkar in a lot of ways, but yeah VVS and Dravid were the guys I had the most respect for in that setup

The contributions Sehwag and Gambhir made over the years is quite underrated in the scheme of things too, especially Sehwag in whites.

Bazal

Post Whore
The contributions Sehwag and Gambhir made over the years is quite underrated in the scheme of things too, especially Sehwag in whites.

Yeah loved watching Sehwag. And Gambhir is one of my favorite non Australian players ever. Didn't have the career if the other three but man he was excellent at times.