What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are not the spooners.

roopy

Referee
Funny how the second one feels worse than the first one.
At least in 2005 we put up a fight.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Bloody shattered. This year is so much worst because we played with no heart and started alright. Worst year in the 20 years we've been around.

Ben

Bench
Damn another year another spoon.

But thinking extremely positively, at least it allows us to potentially go from spoon to premiership next year.

Frederick

Staff member
It's not ours yet...if we beat the Tigtogs and the Warriors beat Pamfers we'll have dodged it. However, if both we and Penrith lose, we gotta hope that the Warriors beat them by about 250 plus whatever the Tigers beat us by :lol:

Jono078

Referee
Um... Panthers are only on 18 points..

We win, they lose against the Warriors and we're spoon free :D

EDIT: Damn you Fred, getting sick of you beating me by '1 minute' all the time! :p

Frederick

Staff member
We've got a shot - they were thoroughly dismantled by Souths yesterday, and Farah looks to be in extreme doubt...however, if Bedsy doesn't play for us, then we can kiss any hope goodbye.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
I admire your faith but we couldn't beat our premier league side at the moment let alone a Tigers team playing for a spot in the 8.

strewth_mate

Bench
Hmm - so it comes down to the opportunity to ruin the Tigers' chances of making the finals again.

Bring back Robbie O'Davis for this game...

Frederick

Staff member
Nah we need Parso more - a no-nonsense forward who will put in right until the very last seconds

Knightmare

Coach
This weekend is time for Newcastle to stop all the "This weekend is really important" talk and go out and DO THE JOB! Wests looked very average on Sunday, one can only hope that they might just do the same this weekend and the Knights suddenly remember the lost art of defence.

RABK

Referee
Lol yeh wests were crap but if even if they play like they did last week they'll still put 40 on our rabble.

Knightmare

Coach
I thought Newcastle did opkey against the Cowboys, from what I saw North Qld didn't really get away with the game until those bad passes that lead to intercepts. If any team is going to catch you out doing that, it'll be the Cowboys. For the Knights, they should get in Chief and Butts and Sam Stewart to tell the boys what it meant to them back in 1988 when in a similar situation. That time around, the Knights had lost a fair few games in a row and HAD to beat Norths in the final round to avoid the spoon in a 16-team comp (sound familiar?) They thrashed them 38-6 and finished 14th. Fortunately, Telstra is a soulless cavern when it comes to a home ground and the Tigers were very poor against Souths, plus Farrah is in doubt. I reckon maybe, just maybe Knights might give it a shake up. I don't mean to sound like Chief but I can feel history repeating maybe?

IanG

Coach
roopy said:
Funny how the second one feels worse than the first one.
At least in 2005 we put up a fight.
Too bloody right. Then last year we make the Top 4 and we've gone backwards since

Nuke

Staff member
This weekend is one of those lose-lose situations for me. If the Knights win, we avoid the wooden spoon (assuming Warriors beat Penrith) but Brisbane make the finals. If the Knights lose, Wests beat Brisbane into the final 8, but the Knights finish dead-last.

Of course, I hope the Knights and Warriors win, but geez it would have been nice to see Brisbane missing out.

b1ggles

Juniors
strewth_mate said:
Hmm - so it comes down to the opportunity to ruin the Tigers' chances of making the finals again.

Like they did to us in 1990! We would have beaten Manly....

I've never forgiven them.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Frederick said:
It's not ours yet...if we beat the Tigtogs and the Warriors beat Pamfers we'll have dodged it. However, if both we and Penrith lose, we gotta hope that the Warriors beat them by about 250 plus whatever the Tigers beat us by :lol:

Will do our best

My Idea is.......... (It's a stupid one but..... hey)

If we are behind against the tigerpies, the word should go out to the boys and
we should let the tigers run in enough points so that the Eels don't make the 8.

f**k Hags right up.

Like I said stupid but I'd love to see Hags groper-like face.

Latest posts