What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are not the spooners.

perverse

Referee
The Camden Leisure Pirate said:
My Idea is.......... (It's a stupid one but..... hey)

If we are behind against the tigerpies, the word should go out to the boys and
we should let the tigers run in enough points so that the Eels don't make the 8.

f**k Hags right up.

Like I said stupid but I'd love to see Hags groper-like face.
i'd love to see the pro-hagen anti-smith brigades faces.

it wont happen though.

Serc

First Grade
Nuke said:
This weekend is one of those lose-lose situations for me. If the Knights win, we avoid the wooden spoon (assuming Warriors beat Penrith) but Brisbane make the finals. If the Knights lose, Wests beat Brisbane into the final 8, but the Knights finish dead-last.

Of course, I hope the Knights and Warriors win, but geez it would have been nice to see Brisbane missing out.

Ohhh no you don't! You want to see the Broncos finish 8th because you KNOW that the Storm will tear them a new one at Olympic Park 1st week ;-)

roopy

Referee
If we lost big and other results fell right Parra could miss the finals - now that would be funny.

Spitty

Juniors
To quote a dragons player,

"F**K ME FIRE UP"

The way you guys are talkin' the players may as well not turn up on Friday night. I don't care who plays for the Tigers or what kind of form where in. With the right attitude we knock them over just like any other team in the comp.

I think in the past 6 weeks we've been negative enough, lets back these blokes in. I for one am gonna send an Email to every Knights player in an attempt to fire them up. I suggets you guys do the same. If Smithy can't get them up for the game the least we can do, is everthing in our power to help out.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Spitty. TA. said:
To quote a dragons player,

"F**K ME FIRE UP"

The way you guys are talkin' the players may as well not turn up on Friday night. I don't care who plays for the Tigers or what kind of form where in. With the right attitude we knock them over just like any other team in the comp.

I think in the past 6 weeks we've been negative enough, lets back these blokes in. I for one am gonna send an Email to every Knights player in an attempt to fire them up. I suggets you guys do the same. If Smithy can't get them up for the game the least we can do, is everthing in our power to help out.

Get in your head son. The boys dont want to win, they have nothing to play for in their minds because they don't want Smith there, most of the people on here want Smith here but their not the guys who have to put up with his sh*t day in day out, losing puts pressure on Smith and losing is what they will do, they dont care anymore. And do you seriously think they spend their free time reading fans messages pffttt. Yeh rido.

I wish I could say fire up and have a dig, but the way the players are performing at the moment, they dont deserve a win. They deserve a kick up the ass and a pay cut. Be realistic digger.

Gene Krupa

Referee
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
Get in your head son. The boys dont want to win, they have nothing to play for in their minds because they don't want Smith there, most of the people on here want Smith here but their not the guys who have to put up with his sh*t day in day out, losing puts pressure on Smith and losing is what they will do, they dont care anymore. And do you seriously think they spend their free time reading fans messages pffttt. Yeh rido.

I wish I could say fire up and have a dig, but the way the players are performing at the moment, they dont deserve a win. They deserve a kick up the ass and a pay cut. Be realistic digger.

:BDH:

Rod

Bench
I'm with Spitty, with Buderus in the team it looks so much stronger, no reason why we can't knock them over, especially if they don't have Farah.

Pika

Bench
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:

They care.

Some players in that team are so competitive they bust a gut to win a sprint at pre season before the Coach turns up.

The same players hate to get beat in a technical wrestle session. They simply hate to lose.

These guys play to win no mater what. Whether they are first or last, they play to win.

Spitty

Juniors
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:

First of all I'm not your son, so please don't refer to me in as though your looking down on me.

Second of all I can understand your frustration. I feel it too. But if the NRL tells us anything, it's that form means nothing week in and week out and that any team can beat another on any given weekend. They probably don't want to play for Smith but many of these guys won't play at this level of Rugby League again and I'm sure that they would like there parting memory to be a great victory infront of some committed fans.

Thirdly, I don't care if they read my Emails, it doesn't matter. That's out of my control but what I can do is send them and hope they read them. I'm sure at least 1 or 2 would read them and they probably brush over them. But I can sleep tonight knowing I tried to make a positive difference.

AdamT

Juniors
Frederick said:
It's not ours yet...if we beat the Tigtogs and the Warriors beat Pamfers we'll have dodged it. However, if both we and Penrith lose, we gotta hope that the Warriors beat them by about 250 plus whatever the Tigers beat us by :lol:

We CAN beat the Tigers. Never say Never. We've done it before in the last round havent we AND last time we also stopped the Tigers from making the 8. De Ja Vu? Lets hope so.

Frederick

Staff member
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: ](*,)
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
I admire your faith but we couldn't beat our premier league side at the moment let alone a Tigers team playing for a spot in the 8.
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:

Yeah, the boys really didn't want to win tonight, so they must be heartbroken that they did. I mean, how dare they. They go out there, with nothing to play for, obviously hating the coach, and determined to lose, yet they go ahead and win?!

Knights battler you were wrong, so you should admit it. Otherwise go away and join the Parra forum where people turn on their club after every loss.

Spitty

Juniors
Newie is God's Country said:
Knights battler you were wrong, so you should admit it. Otherwise go away and join the Parra forum where people turn on their club after every loss.

Yeah.

And don't ever call me SON, again.:D

strewth_mate

Bench
To be fair, the comments were valid at the time, referring to "the way the players are performing at the moment". One win doesn't necessarily excuse the tripe that was dished up - in fact if we'd lost last night, and bear in mind we very nearly did, the general feeling inspired by the past couple of months may well have carried over instead of the current euphoria. Half of us might have necked ourselves actually. A number of humiliating capitulations this year didn't lend much to the notion that the players really wanted to win.

I don't think many here would seriously think that we were anything but atrocious for a period, but since we're coming off a gutsy win, that kind of perspective might as well be considered long gone. It's probably the most convenient and timely win I can remember so it doesn't really matter that we've won 1 from 8 in recent times.

I'm f**king ecstatic about last night and feel about ten foot taller, for sure, so I'm not intending to shoot anything down, but there wasn't much to be thrilled about up until 9:30 last night. As it were, at least we've shown what we can do, can maybe put a few losses down to awful circumstances more than the idea that we were just purely a hopeless team, and can be excited about next year. Oh, yeah. :crazy:

Matt23

Staff member
At this rate i will not be supporting the Warriors during the finals series, I will instead stick to my original plan of supporting whoever plays the storm.