What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are screwed!!!!!!! Johns has been charged

Burwood

Bench
Johns has been charged with grade 3 contrary conduct!!!!!!

4weeks if found guilty, 3 weeks if pleads not guilty:cry:

Rod

Bench
If thats true then its one of the worst decisions made by the NRL in recent years.

Johns has been made a f**kin example of because of his standing in the game and its an absolute joke.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I think he will fight it, but I don't know if he will be able to get off or get it down graded.
If nothing happened to Quinn who supposedly said it 3 times got nothing, why charge Johns... it's such horse sh*t.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
What an absolutely disgraceful decision by the NRL. Can someone please explain to me what the difference is btwn the Anthony Quinn situation and the Andrew Johns situation.

Rod

Bench
Just so I've got this straight, will our bye count as one of the weeks of his suspension?

Burwood

Bench
i can't wait for the backlash from this. The NRL are going to be under so much pressure if Johns fights the charge- and lets face it, why wouldn't he? He has nothing to lose now.

I hope they hire a decent lawyer this time and don't get that joke James McLeod who has represented our club in the past.

macavity

Referee
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

what a farging joke.

first we get robbed on the field, now off it.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Rod said:
Just so I've got this straight, will our bye count as one of the weeks of his suspension?
Nope.
This is just stupid, I could have lived with one week suspension, but not 3-4 weeks.

Burwood said:
i can't wait for the backlash from this. The NRL are going to be under so much pressure if Johns fights the charge- and lets face it, why wouldn't he? He has nothing to lose now.

I hope they hire a decent lawyer this time and don't get that joke James McLeod who has represented our club in the past.

Hopefully that fella the Roosters always have, they seem to have a sensational record at even beating even seeming legitimate charges.

Grade 3, the f**king nerve!

cram

Bench
Remember this when you are talking about him fighting this charge. The NRL Judiciary is not a Court of law. So they don't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he swore directly at Chechin. My understanding is that its the balance of probability.

Fact one he did swear.
Fact two his article confirms this.
Fact three the article claims it was not directed at anyone particularly.
Fact four why say in the article I am not going to apologise, this in my opinion brings unwanted attention and credence to the incident.
Fact five Chechin claims he looked directly at him and uttered the words.

Verdit, in my opion, on the balance of probability....he (Johns) is a dumb finnnn c...., who has just screwed his team, himself and supporters over.

He will be found guilty if he fights it.

B-dos

Referee
What an absolute joke. I cant find words to describe my anger and disapointment.

macavity

Referee
he has been tried by the media and gallop before he even gets to the judiciary.

of course he will be found guilty. there goes our season, Simpkins and Checchin have had it in for us for ages - Storm Game etc. The standard of refereeing in the NRL is beyond a joke, absolutely beyond a joke.

wouldnt be suprised if we have seen him play his last NRL game - the ESL would be looking mighty attractive right now, they wouldn't have a vendetta against him like the NRL does.

this sets a dangerous precedent - is any foul language on the field going to attract similar penalties? or just when Joey does it?

the Knights should get back at the NRL somehow if he is suspended. No idea how, but this is damn petty and targeted stuff and should be met in kind.

Cecchin couldnt see past his nose, how would he know if he was being looked at.

For mine Simpkins and Ceccin deliberately screwed us on the field, and its not the first time; now we are paying more than we could ever imagine.

We are zero chance next year of making an impact(we may go well for patch's but come september we wont be worth squat) this had to be the year.

Cut to peices.

Bicey_18

Bench
After thinking we have turned the corner with our bad luck with injuries etc.... we have been screwed again! Johns opens his mouth after a bad call that could have turned the game out of frustration.. Simpkins and Cecchin make a HUGE blunder.. but yet we Newcastle fans have to pay! I bet any money Simpkins and Cecchin wont get demoted...

Im not so sure our season is definently over.... it is if we stay out of 7th or
8th which is possible! For a start Canberra will NOT win another game.....Their f/a is disgraceful and play Storm and Sharks... no hope for you Raider fans. Brisbane play Dogs, Eels and Warriors.... they may not even win another game. So if we jag 6th at least and 1 and 2 win and even if we lose... we r still there.. Joey is back and we are back in wit a shot.