What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we cant win with timmy

Slimy Eel

Juniors
Bazal said:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Physical threats on an internet forum...it doesn't get more pathetic than that. Although by all means, keep trying...I have an inkling you could set the record here
It's sad to see Eels fans turn on each other. I think we are all frustrated with the poor performance tonight. It even makes me feel like having a dig at someone..:cool:

Bazal

Post Whore
Slimy Eel said:
It's sad to see Eels fans turn on each other. I think we are all frustrated with the poor performance tonight. It even makes me feel like having a dig at someone..:cool:

To be honest, I've always been of the opinion that an idiot is an idiot, regardless of the colours they wear, and I don't subscribe to the theory that we should all get along just cos we follow the same team...

Ant

Juniors
I agree Tim Smith is not in the top half dozen half backs, but he has plenty of tries in him.

Its unbelievable that he is being pinpointed as the problem. Which other players were destroying the opposition and setting tries up at will. At least smith looked like doing something. Perhaps teach some of our lorded outside backs to come and look for an inside pass. There is more to life guys than standing outwide waiting for the ball, and when they do get the ball outwide they don't need to try and score off each play, something Feleti could have learned tonight.

You know what I thought Luke Burt would never get back in the side, but the more he is gone the more I see we miss him. He lacks the physical individual brilliance of the others, but you know what he has is a football brain. He gives options to Tim, at the moment the others just stand out wide. They are talented footballers our outside backs, but smart footballers no. Burt will support all day and will chase little grubbers.

Tim Smith is trying hard and comes up with the goods at times, but every halfback I have seen bar Joey needs his team to play well around him.

The silliest thing about the whole timmy argument is quite simply that there is no way he should be dropped because he isn't going that bad, and more importantly there is no one else in the club at his level. Premier league is going soooo well. Finch and Mateo in the halves the mind boggles.

Come on eels fans lets try this one on for a while. How about some rational thought and steady support for our team. We have lost 4 of our last 7 or 4 of our last 5, but we are in each game. Worst loss was 8 points, so we are not far away. Perhaps some postives might help our boys.

We just continue our tradition as the most fickle fans in the NRL.

Fathead

Bench
spiderdan said:
you suggest that he plays crap regularly then compare him to two players he has outdone statistically for the season. both those guys are playing in a team that has been playing confidently and well all season, much like tim did for parra in 2005.

the word laurie daley used (and i can't believe i agree with him) was synergy. the team's synergy just isn't there and that comes down to a mental thing. it's a problem our club has had for a while now.

Its the little things that other halfbacks (thurston and co ) do compared to Tim Smith that is different.
The proper pass, the correct time to kick and kick well etc.. The plays that get the team on a roll - the decision making ability to mount pressure and hold it.

Tim is fancy and unpredictable and on his day would be an absolute star. But the season is not won on playmakers being stars only 2 or 3 times a year. The team relies on structure and patterns and the ability for a top halfback to make the right decison on 95% of the plays.
In Gritiron, the quarterback needs to make the right decison 95% of the time - is Tim Smith the best quarterback we have ?
Would the team be better served by a less flashy but more solid and dependable halfback ?

Freak2

Juniors
Ant said:
I agree Tim Smith is not in the top half dozen half backs, but he has plenty of tries in him.

Its unbelievable that he is being pinpointed as the problem. Which other players were destroying the opposition and setting tries up at will. At least smith looked like doing something. Perhaps teach some of our lorded outside backs to come and look for an inside pass. There is more to life guys than standing outwide waiting for the ball, and when they do get the ball outwide they don't need to try and score off each play, something Feleti could have learned tonight.

You know what I thought Luke Burt would never get back in the side, but the more he is gone the more I see we miss him. He lacks the physical individual brilliance of the others, but you know what he has is a football brain. He gives options to Tim, at the moment the others just stand out wide. They are talented footballers our outside backs, but smart footballers no. Burt will support all day and will chase little grubbers.

Tim Smith is trying hard and comes up with the goods at times, but every halfback I have seen bar Joey needs his team to play well around him.

The silliest thing about the whole timmy argument is quite simply that there is no way he should be dropped because he isn't going that bad, and more importantly there is no one else in the club at his level. Premier league is going soooo well. Finch and Mateo in the halves the mind boggles.

Come on eels fans lets try this one on for a while. How about some rational thought and steady support for our team. We have lost 4 of our last 7 or 4 of our last 5, but we are in each game. Worst loss was 8 points, so we are not far away. Perhaps some postives might help our boys.

We just continue our tradition as the most fickle fans in the NRL.

Love your strength and commitment to our common goal but frustration and desire are always going to look for answers. Maybe a good sleep might help but would swap a good sleep for 2 comp points and a great perfromance in a heart beat right now!

Tank30

Juniors
Bazal said:
In answer to your first question, yes I do. In fact I only rate three halfbacks above him, Thurston, Cronk and Prince.

In answer to your second question. In 2005 he was a complete unknown and teams could not contain him, he was untargettable because no one knew what he would do. 2006 he was targetted, played behind a soft pack and then injured. 2007 he is adapting and becoming a good halfback. Only idiots seriously think a halfback or five eighth is going to reach their full potential at 21 after a season where he was absolutely drilled by opposition sides and then injured. Andrew Johns took years to reach his best....

As for the last comment, are you dumb or just blind? Half backs can do nothing with no go forward

You have let yourself down here and shown that you are a fool. Monaghan, Orford, Sherwin and Gower are all far better halves that Smith. Yes he may mature and be a superstar but we are rating on current ability. T Smith is not in the top half dozen in the comp and to even mention him as being close to Thurston, Cronk or Prince is a massive insult to those guys....

Having said that, it is notentirely his fault for the loss tonight. Not one player in our side was in any way dominant in their position. We were outplayed by a team who we realistically should have blown off the park. Our pack was ineffective and the backline was worse. Hayne is not a fullback and this has been exploited many times since he has been in there. Whoever is our defensive coach needs to do some serious work with B Smith and Grothe (have they even met each other) because there is no cohesion in the defence at all.

Bazal

Post Whore
Tank30 said:
You have let yourself down here and shown that you are a fool. Monaghan, Orford, Sherwin and Gower are all far better halves that Smith. Yes he may mature and be a superstar but we are rating on current ability. T Smith is not in the top half dozen in the comp and to even mention him as being close to Thurston, Cronk or Prince is a massive insult to those guys....

Why, because you disagree that makes me a fool? LOL. Gower is a has been, Sherwin is more erratic than Tim has ever been, Monaghan (in case you hadn't noticed) has been a hooker or five eighth all year and therefore I don't count him. Orford is a choker and a has been. As for the insult comment, pull your head in. Just because I rate him behind them doesn't mean he's in any way close to them. In fact, I never said anything about even trying to compare them so I'd love to know where you got that from. There is a massive gap three and the next two or three

Slimy Eel

Juniors
gustarny said:
Ron your the one with no idea are you watching the same games or do you just sit at home on your fat arse posting sh*t all the time.I travel from newy every week and watch all grades do you fool.
Yeah there must be a lot of no life geek people on this forum, just check how many post they have made.......lol

Tank30

Juniors
Bazal said:
Why, because you disagree that makes me a fool? LOL. Gower is a has been, Sherwin is more erratic than Tim has ever been, Monaghan (in case you hadn't noticed) has been a hooker or five eighth all year and therefore I don't count him. Orford is a choker and a has been. As for the insult comment, pull your head in. Just because I rate him behind them doesn't mean he's in any way close to them. In fact, I never said anything about even trying to compare them so I'd love to know where you got that from. There is a massive gap three and the next two or three

Sorry mate, I thought that was how we were supposed to post here. Just going off your previous posts whereas if someone says something you don't agree with, you attack them...Must have been a misunderstanding on my part....Yeah Orford is a choker, funny how the team he is half of is second on the ladder...Must be a hell of a team around him to carry him so well...

Oh and I had noticed where monaghan has been playing...Does that mean that he is no longer a half back??? Even as a hooker he is a better half than T Smith.

Even mentioning T Smith in the same breath as the three you stated is an insult to them.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
Finch sucks

but everyone already knew that

Some people actually thought Timmy was a good player

Yes me, and so does the NRL stats and the qualified people who made him rookie of the year in 2005. Yeah but on this board we know more hey then these experts:lol:

Hurriflatch

Referee
In all seriousness

Tim is a good halfback in a good team

all halfbacks suffer in teams that don't have a strong forward pack but Timmy seems to suffer a lot more then others

Slimy Eel

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Yes me, and so does the NRL stats and the qualified people who made him rookie of the year in 2005. Yeah but on this board we know more hey then these experts:lol:
F*ck forgot how long we had to put up with him:lol:

Bazal

Post Whore
Tank30 said:
Sorry mate, I thought that was how we were supposed to post here. Just going off your previous posts whereas if someone says something you don't agree with, you attack them...Must have been a misunderstanding on my part....Yeah Orford is a choker, funny how the team he is half of is second on the ladder...Must be a hell of a team around him to carry him so well...

Oh and I had noticed where monaghan has been playing...Does that mean that he is no longer a half back??? Even as a hooker he is a better half than T Smith.

Even mentioning T Smith in the same breath as the three you stated is an insult to them.

:roll:

Answer me this, is Monaghan eligible for the halfback of the year award? How many times has Orford, a guy with hundreds of games under his belt, won his side a final or even taken control? There's a reason he hasn't played Origin...

As for your last comment, did you even read what I said FFS? The top 4 sides in the NRL at the moment are Melbourne, Manly, NQLD and NZ...does that mean that the latter two are automatically as good as the first two? Of course it f**king doesn't. No different really

Avenger

Immortal
Tim Smith is still our best option at 7.

But can someone answer me this:

Is it me or is Timmy a little unco ?