What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we cant win with timmy

Slimy Eel

Juniors
Say it again Smith is all we have at this time, frankly he is not enough. If we win the grandfinal this year with Tim at half, I will gladdly not post on this forum again

Tekken Lord

Juniors
The problem is more than just tim smith's fault, the real question is how sh*t would the team be without him?

big boppa eel

Juniors
Bazal said:
You make a powerful and persuasive argument, backed up by infallible evidence and fact :roll::roll: Dear god, they get dumber by they day, where the hell do they crawl from?
This is just a football forum u knob, oh no another a crude word will u b ok, f**k u mate if u want to read shakespear f**k off out of here, by the way you suck, geez I'm a dumby maybe I should leave my IT job start up a special ESL school for all ages where baz can teach and pontificate to all these poor unfortunate people he's version of English.

Fathead

Bench
Regarding Smith - we would like to think that he is the best we have,

How many crap games does Smith have a year or what happens when the pressure is on ?

Now how would Parra go with someone like Matt Orford in the team or Michael Monaghan ?
The halfback is the most crucial position on the field. We simply cannot afford to go on again next year with the Smith/ Finch combo and say - well they play well every 5th game or so.

Will Hagan drop Smith - probably not, he thinks there is something in that combo and he obviously knows more than us. Unfortunately potential doesnt pay the bills and another year goes by,

Eelementary

Post Whore
Slimy Eel said:
I agree about our forwards but Smith is f*cked

Here's what gets me, though - when our forwards compete, like against Melbourne, he gets credited for being gutsy and a good player.

When our forwards play softer than Liberace at a Pussycat Dolls concert, it's "he sucks"...:crazy:

slippery nipeel

Juniors
Finch can't even hit his runners with a pass and we want him directing our attack, give me a breaK!! He can defend and he can run the ball and let him stick to that. Kicking and passing is for others who are more proficient in these skills.

Freak2

Juniors
redeel said:
yeah tim is all class and a real quality half,look at the way he leads our other champs around the field,his 40 20 s,pinpoint accuracy,to any player not in a parra jrsey,inability to find grass even,those top cut out passes,everyone forward and he still cant learn,week in week out the same dribble,just like timmy.
yes this should have been fixed 6 mnths ago,nothing to be done now toooooooooooo late

Bingo!!

We have a winner. You are 100% correct.

Game Set Match - Nothing can be done now. Tim Smith will never win a premiership.

He is obviously not 100% and we cannot carry him. He simply is not good enough player to play at anything less than 100%!!

Must role the dice now and play Finch at half and "anyone" at 5/8. Maybe Hayne / Inu / Mateo.

You uneducated fools who continue to suggest Tim's game is of "value add" start watching more league and really concentrate!! His inconsistancy is too critical and makes him one of the worst halves in the game. Tonights performance was his worst yet and that is really saying something because he has had some absolute shockers.

spiderdan

Bench
tim just can't win with some people, and i am not talking about football games either. when he or the side play crap he gets it dished out to him when he plays well he still cops a hamerring unbelievable.

there was one positive, and only one positive to take out of tonights game and that was the defensive effort in the first half given that it was 24-16 mins of posession against us.

our forwards were one dimensional and rubbish tonight for the bulk of the game. finch and smith struggled for much of the game because of this. while i am not saying it was the only reason they struggled it was a major contributor.

fileti is a good back-up option at pivot but not a solution. the guy plays his best football in the back row. others need to learn to back him up because of his off-loading ability but by the same token he needs to learn when to pass and when to hold the ball. there are times when he looks to offload when he has a chance to get a quick play the ball to set things up on the next play and needs to learn when is the right time.

i'll probably cop a hammering for this but nathan hindmarsh needs to stop wanting to get involved in every tackle. i thought this year he was supposed to play out wide so we benefit from his running. when we were winning he was doing it. i don't know why he's changed things.

the other thing has been mentioned heaps of times this year. we can't play ian hindmarsh, wagon and robinson at the same time. defensively they are all pretty equal but to me the only one that can actually run the ball is chad. wagon and hindy snr shouldn't be there. cannings, paulo and hauraki are in my opinion much better options.

i've been a big defender of ben smith for a while but the big guy just doesn't seem to be confident in attack since returning from his injury. when burt is ready, ben smith should probably be the one to make way for him pushing inu to the centres and hayne on the wing.

all in all it was a poor team performance with no patience or respect shown when we had the ball. i am struggling to see why we can lift to play sides that are in form then play like tonight against the lesser teams.

Mr Saab

Referee
gustarny said:
let finch have a go he is a grand final winning half give him a go and play feleti at 58.

Sorry, i must have missed the Grand Final Finch played in that he actually won.

xr62nv

Juniors
Fathead said:
We must bite the bullet and put Finch at Half and Mateo at 5/8.
Tim Smith is a pretender of the highest order.

watch how finch played in that 20 minute period vs storm

there is no way he'll be playing half

Bazal

Post Whore
big boppa eel said:
Maybe if he actually ran the f**king thing he would not only assist but actually score a MF try, ask yourself this do u rate t smith in the to half dozen halves in the comp, and has he gone forward or back since 05, and please don't bring the forwards into it because at times on the 6th tackle more often than not he is clueless.

In answer to your first question, yes I do. In fact I only rate three halfbacks above him, Thurston, Cronk and Prince.

In answer to your second question. In 2005 he was a complete unknown and teams could not contain him, he was untargettable because no one knew what he would do. 2006 he was targetted, played behind a soft pack and then injured. 2007 he is adapting and becoming a good halfback. Only idiots seriously think a halfback or five eighth is going to reach their full potential at 21 after a season where he was absolutely drilled by opposition sides and then injured. Andrew Johns took years to reach his best....

As for the last comment, are you dumb or just blind? Half backs can do nothing with no go forward

parra pete

Referee
Jarryd Hayne has lost all his effectiveness since being switched to fullback.
He is a winger fullstop.
Tim Smith is starting to worry me a bit. You can tell how the team is going to go by the way he starts...and as I have posted plenty of times before, the habit Nathan Hindmarsh has of lifting blokes in tackles, and twisting their legs is going to cost the team big time.
But in saying that.....the bloke is an absolute amazing machine...

spiderdan

Bench
Fathead said:
Regarding Smith - we would like to think that he is the best we have,

How many crap games does Smith have a year or what happens when the pressure is on ?

Now how would Parra go with someone like Matt Orford in the team or Michael Monaghan ?
The halfback is the most crucial position on the field. We simply cannot afford to go on again next year with the Smith/ Finch combo and say - well they play well every 5th game or so.

Will Hagan drop Smith - probably not, he thinks there is something in that combo and he obviously knows more than us. Unfortunately potential doesnt pay the bills and another year goes by,
you suggest that he plays crap regularly then compare him to two players he has outdone statistically for the season. both those guys are playing in a team that has been playing confidently and well all season, much like tim did for parra in 2005.

the word laurie daley used (and i can't believe i agree with him) was synergy. the team's synergy just isn't there and that comes down to a mental thing. it's a problem our club has had for a while now.

Bazal

Post Whore
big boppa eel said:
This is just a football forum u knob, oh no another a crude word will u b ok, f**k u mate if u want to read shakespear f**k off out of here, by the way you suck, geez I'm a dumby maybe I should leave my IT job start up a special ESL school for all ages where baz can teach and pontificate to all these poor unfortunate people he's version of English.

I dunno whether I'm supposed to be insulted, or laugh...Although I shouldn't laugh, Tourettes Syndrome is technically a disability