What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We find out tonight........

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
first of all...there's a reason why it took Mateo 2 and half years to play his second first grade game, there was also a reason why he was sent to the London Broncos on loan....no one ever doubted his potentially he was always going to come good and maybe it was going to take the Hagan factor to do it but he's finally on his way to a long career in fg.

INU is a special talent a magic footballer but has had some deficiencies in defence, you know there was a reason why Benny swapped with INU at various stages of the match and you might want to ask Tupou and Anasta why..

And Blake is a spot player...he is the player that the opposition run to in PL, there's nothing wrong with that as he's role isn't to make 40 tackles but those are the facts..

so when you learn to watch the game properly you may understand why someone like Finch is continuelly chosen each week and why Blake and Feleti are still coming off the bench. but that's fine, you're allowed your opinion and you've more than expressed it justy because some of us don't think he's sh*t it certainly doesn't mean that we believe he'll win us a comp.

I love your subtle dig.

Next time I don't agree with one of your comments I'll chuck in a freebie aswell. ;-)

When Mateo was on loan to the Broncos, you were one who insisted he be chosen to play FG. .........As did everyone else.

Inu is a special talent but......the whole backline swithed sides not only Inu. if you learn to watch the game properly, you'll see what I mean. It didn't have anything to do with Inu, but the whole backline. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
I love your subtle dig.

Next time I don't agree with one of your comments I'll chuck in a freebie aswell. ;-)

When Mateo was on loan to the Broncos, you were one who insisted he be chosen to play FG. .........As did everyone else.

Inu is a special talent but......the whole backline swithed sides not only Inu. if you learn to watch the game properly, you'll see what I mean. It didn't have anything to do with Inu, but the whole backline. ;-)

first of all you forgot the :sarcasm: with the "all you experts" comments so my subtle dig was in response to that. ;-)

as for the Mateo comment??? prove it, I think you'll find you've mistaken me to Jake the snake, we certainly didn't need him in 2005. as for asking switching sides? it was a defensive switch as Tupou insisted on running straight at Tim Smith and INU all the time. sending Benny there would of no doubt stiffened it up.

anyway you keep blaming Finchy for the worlds problems if it makes you feel better

emjaycee

Coach
Eela :clap: :clap:

Boo'ers [-X [-X

I dont understand why so called 'supporters' boo the players they supposedly support when they run out - sure Finch may not be everyones favourite, but while he is wearing the No. 6 Blue and Gold jersey then he should have our full support. Unless some of you would rather see him fail and us lose so you can say "told you Finch was sh*t". :crazy:

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
first of all you forgot the :sarcasm: with the "all you experts" comments so my subtle dig was in response to that. ;-)

as for the Mateo comment??? prove it, I think you'll find you've mistaken me to Jake the snake, we certainly didn't need him in 2005. as for asking switching sides? it was a defensive switch as Tupou insisted on running straight at Tim Smith and INU all the time. sending Benny there would of no doubt stiffened it up.

anyway you keep blaming Finchy for the worlds problems if it makes you feel better

STOP MAKING UP STORIES!

FIRSTLY, I DON'T BOO MY PLAYERS

SECONDLY, I NEVER BLAMED FINCH FOR ANY LOSSES.

IS IT A CRIME TO INSIST HE IS NOT PLAYING WELL?

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE UP NEXT, I'M REALLY PETER STERLING.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
emjaycee said:
Eela :clap: :clap:

Boo'ers [-X [-X

I dont understand why so called 'supporters' boo the players they supposedly support when they run out - sure Finch may not be everyones favourite, but while he is wearing the No. 6 Blue and Gold jersey then he should have our full support. Unless some of you would rather see him fail and us lose so you can say "told you Finch was sh*t". :crazy:

Can you show me when this statement was made? Or do you guys hold grudges against people who have an opinion?

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
STOP MAKING UP STORIES!

FIRSTLY, I DON'T BOO MY PLAYERS

SECONDLY, I NEVER BLAMED FINCH FOR ANY LOSSES.

IS IT A CRIME TO INSIST HE IS NOT PLAYING WELL?

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE UP NEXT, I'M REALLY PETER STERLING.

what am I making stories up about?? you don't seem to understand the crux of the arguement, I have no problem with critisism labeled at Finch and certain parts of his game which definitely needs improving, but at the same time all but 1 or 2 of the players also need improving in certain areas, they're probably more subtle than finchys but they're still not at their peak as firstgraders.

bottom line, I'm not convinced that there's a better solution to Finch at the moment but that's just me, and it just so happens to be the same opinion of the coach, i've explained the reasons why he'd offer more than Blake at the moment but it appears that in your way of thinking, defence doesn't appear to be a big issue.

One things for certain If both Finch and another player both have a shocker on Friday night we wouldn't hear boo! from anyone about the performance of the other player, and that's the point of been trying to make all along.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
what am I making stories up about?? you don't seem to understand the crux of the arguement, I have no problem with critisism labeled at Finch and certain parts of his game which definitely needs improving, but at the same time all but 1 or 2 of the players also need improving in certain areas, they're probably more subtle than finchys but they're still not at their peak as firstgraders.

bottom line, I'm not convinced that there's a better solution to Finch at the moment but that's just me, and it just so happens to be the same opinion of the coach, i've explained the reasons why he'd offer more than Blake at the moment but it appears that in your way of thinking, defence doesn't appear to be a big issue.

One things for certain If both Finch and another player both have a shocker on Friday night we wouldn't hear boo! from anyone about the performance of the other player, and that's the point of been trying to make all along.

You also miss my point Eala. Every time Finch has the ball I'm the first one to shout comeon finchy, the only problem is he hasn't come up with the goods YET. I've made alternative suggestions which some may not agree with i.e. blake to No.6. but opinions are only opinions, and no-ones commitment or loyalty to Parra should ever be questioned on this board.

Basically, I'm not a fence sitter and if some people want to have a crack at me for having an opinion or even misconstruing my comments, well so be it.

Anyhow, we'll agree to disagree and no hard feelings, not from my end anyway!

Pazza

First Grade
2006-05-07-de-la-hoya-toppe.jpg

cardinal

Juniors
People who are critical of Finch need to look at the big picture, His defence is outstanding way better than Blake at this point in time. The tackle he made on Andrew Ryan close to his own line with Ryan running at full speed was great. We do not need Finch overplaying his role in attack when Tim is going to set up 4 tries a match. Show me the stats for try assists this year and I guarentee after last weeks game Tim is in the top 2. What you people also don't seem to understand is the vocal ability that Finch brings to the team, Hagan has mentioned this numerous times. The ability to talk to his team mates all game is a must for any team and is somthing Tim has struggled with in the past. To put 2 young guys in the halves together would be a recipe for disaster as it is to much to ask for them to consistantly steer the team around week in week out. Finch brings stability and experience to the side and rock solid defence, while his attack and kicking game will only improve.

caylo

Bench
cardinal said:
People who are critical of Finch need to look at the big picture, His defence is outstanding way better than Blake at this point in time. The tackle he made on Andrew Ryan close to his own line with Ryan running at full speed was great. We do not need Finch overplaying his role in attack when Tim is going to set up 4 tries a match. Show me the stats for try assists this year and I guarentee after last weeks game Tim is in the top 2. What you people also don't seem to understand is the vocal ability that Finch brings to the team, Hagan has mentioned this numerous times. The ability to talk to his team mates all game is a must for any team and is somthing Tim has struggled with in the past. To put 2 young guys in the halves together would be a recipe for disaster as it is to much to ask for them to consistantly steer the team around week in week out. Finch brings stability and experience to the side and rock solid defence, while his attack and kicking game will only improve.

sorry bud, before this round try assits is like

Michael Monaghan11Scott Prince9Matt Orford8Billy Slater8Brett Kimmorley
7Jarrod Mullen7Johnathan Thurston6Michael Dobson5Benji Marshall5Braith Anasta5Cooper Cronk5Craig Gower5Greg Inglis5Joe Williams5Todd Carney4Ben Hornby4Ben Roberts4Daniel Holdsworth4Matt Geyer4Tim Smith

best case senario no-one get any try assists, and tim gets 4. That puts him equal with kimmorly. BUT tim will only get 3 (3 kicks) his passes to Inu and Benny that resulted in trys, the try assist will go to Inu and Benny because they threw the last pass.
So timmy will be on 7 with Mullen (as he didn't play this week)

COACH STERLING

Juniors
cardinal said:

Just to put things into perspective here. If you were to rate Finch's game this year, what would you give him out of 10.

For me it's 4.5 / 10

Passmark 6 / 10

Get my drift, he isn't performing as well as he should and thats why questions are being raised. It's not a matter of getting on his case for nothing.

Stagger eel

Staff member
cardinal said:

Ask Tony Puletua what he thinks of Finch, apparently he nightmares about him after the Penrith game.

cardinal

Juniors
caylo said:
sorry bud, before this round try assits is like

Michael Monaghan11Scott Prince9Matt Orford8Billy Slater8Brett Kimmorley
7Jarrod Mullen7Johnathan Thurston6Michael Dobson5Benji Marshall5Braith Anasta5Cooper Cronk5Craig Gower5Greg Inglis5Joe Williams5Todd Carney4Ben Hornby4Ben Roberts4Daniel Holdsworth4Matt Geyer4Tim Smith

best case senario no-one get any try assists, and tim gets 4. That puts him equal with kimmorly. BUT tim will only get 3 (3 kicks) his passes to Inu and Benny that resulted in trys, the try assist will go to Inu and Benny because they threw the last pass.
So timmy will be on 7 with Mullen (as he didn't play this week)

Well forget try assists I will just look at who set the try up. I can think of 3 vs the warriors, 2vs the Tigers, 3 vs the raiders 2 vs the panthers and 3 for the roosters game.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
You also miss my point Eala. Every time Finch has the ball I'm the first one to shout comeon finchy, the only problem is he hasn't come up with the goods YET. I've made alternative suggestions which some may not agree with i.e. blake to No.6. but opinions are only opinions, and no-ones commitment or loyalty to Parra should ever be questioned on this board.

Basically, I'm not a fence sitter and if some people want to have a crack at me for having an opinion or even misconstruing my comments, well so be it.

Anyhow, we'll agree to disagree and no hard feelings, not from my end anyway!

sure no worries.

there's never been any hard feelings for me anyway.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Just to put things into perspective here. If you were to rate Finch's game this year, what would you give him out of 10.

For me it's 4.5 / 10

Passmark 6 / 10

Get my drift, he isn't performing as well as he should and thats why questions are being raised. It's not a matter of getting on his case for nothing.

I'd give him a 6 but only just..

Latest posts