What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We find out tonight........

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Eelementary said:
OK, so you claim Finch is going sh*t. So how is Green doing any better?

He carved up a hopeless Canberra side and has been nothing but solid with a few idiotic penalties given away since then. So how is he unbelievably better than Finch?

As I said - Finch, going as sh*t as you claim, has already set up more tries and drop-outs than Green. Plus he's just as strong, if not better, a defender.

I should rephrase that I quote "he is playing sh*t".

How's that for sitting on the fence?

When he plays well, I'll just say he's not playing sh*t anymore. :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Eela, I think people are confusing guys like you and me saying, "Yeah, Finch is doing some good stuff out there - but still has plenty of room for improvement," with, "Yeah - Finchy is the best ever! He's playing perfectly!"

Green is talented and playing out of position. However, he hasn't really done anything to prove he deserves to start at 5/8 ahead of Finchy.

Eelementary

Post Whore
COACH STERLING said:
I should rephrase that I quote "he is playing sh*t".

How's that for sitting on the fence?

When he plays well, I'll just say he's not playing sh*t anymore. :lol:

That's fair enough, mate, and you're more than entitled to your opinion. But could you please kindly point out to me how Green has played so much better and deserves to be the 5/8? Because I just don't see it.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Eelementary said:
OK, so you claim Finch is going sh*t. So how is Green doing any better?

He carved up a hopeless Canberra side and has been nothing but solid with a few idiotic penalties given away since then. So how is he unbelievably better than Finch?

As I said - Finch, going as sh*t as you claim, has already set up more tries and drop-outs than Green. Plus he's just as strong, if not better, a defender.

IMO Green is playing better, but the difference is Finch has played 180 more FG games and still can't dominate where as Green may not be setting the world on fire baby, but atleast he has shown POTENTIAL.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
Eela, I think people are confusing guys like you and me saying, "Yeah, Finch is doing some good stuff out there - but still has plenty of room for improvement," with, "Yeah - Finchy is the best ever! He's playing perfectly!"

I think the whole team has room for improvement tbh.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Eelementary said:
That's fair enough, mate, and you're more than entitled to your opinion. But could you please kindly point out to me how Green has played so much better and deserves to be the 5/8? Because I just don't see it.

There comes a point where you reach a sh*tness stage beyond all sh*tness imaginable where even a little pebble drop of sh*t cannot match your sh*tness.

I think Finch has reached an immortal stage of sh*tness where he cannot get any sh*tter.

Therefore I summons Green to the 5/8 position.:D

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
IMO Green is playing better, but the difference is Finch has played 180 more FG games and still can't dominate where as Green may not be setting the world on fire baby, but atleast he has shown POTENTIAL.

tbh I've not seen Green dominate PL either and he's had plenty of goes at it but that's not to say he won't be an outstanding firstgrader.

besides, since Sterling we've never had a play maker that has dominated.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
COACH STERLING said:
There comes a point where you reach a sh*tness stage beyond all sh*tness imaginable where even a little pebble drop of sh*t cannot match your sh*tness.

I think Finch has reached an immortal stage of sh*tness where he cannot get any sh*tter.

I think thats way too harsh Coach.

ps I like Iron Chef

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:

keep saying to your self..it'll make you feel better, in the meantime 13 days before you and your buddies get to boo him at Parra stadium. :D

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
tbh I've not seen Green dominate PL either and he's had plenty of goes at it but that's not to say he won't be an outstanding firstgrader.

Yeah, I agree actually. He doesn't really dominate but what he does offer is stability.

Smith is very erratic, so to complement Smith we need someone who can play the anchor role and do all the little things right. When Smith is off his game, and Finch doesn't contribute, we look very poor in attack. That's exactly why we need Green at 5/8. Atleast we know that all the small things will get done.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Yeah, I agree actually. He doesn't really dominate but what he does offer is stability.

Smith is very erratic, so to complement Smith we need someone who can play the anchor role and do all the little things right. When Smith is off his game, and Finch doesn't contribute, we look very poor in attack. That's exactly why we need Green at 5/8. Atleast we know that all the small things will get done.

and who will do Blakes tackling?...you know that thing called defence :lol:

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
keep saying to your self..it'll make you feel better, in the meantime 13 days before you and your buddies get to boo him at Parra stadium. :D

Boo, I don't boo!

I'm more of a tomatoe thrower.

Much like Italian soccer. And I might bring my mates fruit truck. I recon I'll make a killing selling tomatoes. There's plenty who'll throw them. I'll even take a bite before I scon him, just to make it even mushier and softer.

Mate, if your gonna talk sh*t then I'll talk sh*t aswell. ;-)

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
and who will do Blakes tackling?...you know that thing called defence :lol:

Ive heard it all before.

All you experts were saying:

Mateo can't tackle, he is very lazy in defence.

Inu cant tackle, he reads the plays badly.

Now, low and behold, Green can't tackle either.

FMD, you need to be Hindmarsh before you get recognition around here. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Boo, I don't boo!

I'm more of a tomatoe thrower.

Much like Italian soccer. And I might bring my mates fruit truck. I recon I'll make a killing selling tomatoes. There's plenty who'll throw them. I'll even take a bite before I scon him, just to make it even mushier and softer.

Mate, if your gonna talk sh*t then I'll talk sh*t aswell. ;-)

if??? ;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:

I said that in another thread but you brought a partcular tackle in a premier league GF?

So as usual i was right:lol:

On the subject, I say we persist with Finch for the time being. Like B Smith if they aren't scoring tries they're atleast saving tries which is good enough for the time being, however Green I've had a few doubts over as to why he should be resigned for such a long time when imo the keating boys probably have a stack more potential in which we may loose them by resigning Blake to a long deal.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Ive heard it all before.

All you experts were saying:

Mateo can't tackle, he is very lazy in defence.

Inu cant tackle, he reads the plays badly.

Now, low and behold, Green can't tackle either.

FMD, you need to be Hindmarsh before you get recognition around here. ;-)

first of all...there's a reason why it took Mateo 2 and half years to play his second first grade game, there was also a reason why he was sent to the London Broncos on loan....no one ever doubted his potentially he was always going to come good and maybe it was going to take the Hagan factor to do it but he's finally on his way to a long career in fg.

INU is a special talent a magic footballer but has had some deficiencies in defence, you know there was a reason why Benny swapped with INU at various stages of the match and you might want to ask Tupou and Anasta why..

And Blake is a spot player...he is the player that the opposition run to in PL, there's nothing wrong with that as he's role isn't to make 40 tackles but those are the facts..

so when you learn to watch the game properly you may understand why someone like Finch is continuelly chosen each week and why Blake and Feleti are still coming off the bench. but that's fine, you're allowed your opinion and you've more than expressed it justy because some of us don't think he's sh*t it certainly doesn't mean that we believe he'll win us a comp.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
I said that in another thread but you brought a partcular tackle in a premier league GF?

So as usual i was right:lol:

you are a complete knob WronG Jeremy...we were talking about John Williams not Blake Green

you friggen goose...:lol: