What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We find out tonight........

COACH STERLING

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
Rubbish, Finch is miles ahead of Blake. Notice how Finchy isn't doing as much D atm? I think teams are coming around to the fact that his like a brick wall and many are finding it difficult to get around.

Miles hey.

When he tried to kick the ball and made it roll 5 metres it had me in stitches.

Finchy has plenty of potential. His potential is that great, by the time he leaves our club next year, he will rival legends such as Ben Kusto and Paul Carriage.

We should set up a special showroom in the leagues club for these "special players" :lol:

COACH STERLING

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
I think its more of a thing of "wanting" Finchy to fail...

Nope. Not at all.

Eveytime he has the ball I scream out his name in anticipation and excitement only to be let down. But I recon his 11 quality bone crunching tackles absolutely make up for all his f**k ups ;-)

jk13

First Grade
not sold on finch but hes better then having jon morris still running around at 5/8.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ahem - allow me to reiterate:

Drop-outs forced by Finch: 1
Drop-outs forced by Green: 0
Tries scored and/or assisted by Finch: 2
Tries scored and/or asssted by Green: 1

Finchy Is God. 'Nuff said.

Eelementary

Post Whore
COACH STERLING said:
Nope. Not at all.

Eveytime he has the ball I scream out his name in anticipation and excitement only to be let down. But I recon his 11 quality bone crunching tackles absolutely make up for all his f**k ups ;-)

And Green is so much better - giving away dumb penalties late in the count...:roll:

jk13

First Grade
we're 2pts out of the top four. despite all the criticism on team selection we're travelling quite well. our goal line defence for a majority of the game was superb. green is definitely not quite ready yet. c'mon finchy hold on to the pill and stick it to all the haters. but please please please smack manly a new one fri nite.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Eelementary said:
And Green is so much better - giving away dumb penalties late in the count...:roll:

IMO he is much better.

Unberf**kinleivable how Finch has played 180 FG games.

Dont rolls your eyes too hard, you'll start looking like Luke Pattern.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
IMO he is much better.

Unberf**kinleivable how Finch has played 180 FG games.

Dont rolls your eyes too hard, you'll start looking like Luke Pattern.

well...as sh*t as he is, Michael Hagan, Ricky Stuart, Phil Gould, Graham Murray and Mal Meninga still had him in their side...and i think their slightly more knowledgable than you and I are. ;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
No complaints here - how many Premierships has Green won that actually matter, as opposed to Patten?

Eelementary

Post Whore
And as I say - how is Green better? The drop-out and tries stats favour Finch, as well as the defensive stakes.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
well...as sh*t as he is, Michael Hagan, Ricky Stuart, Phil Gould, Graham Murray and Mal Meninga still had him in their side...and i think their slightly more knowledgable than you and I are. ;-)

I still cant believe some of you think he's going OK.

mate, lets get fairdinkum. I dont have a personal grudge over Finch but you can't tell me his form isn't anything other than sh*t.

Even Phil Gould who you mention above was bagging the crap out of Finch in both the panthers & titans game. Hages doesn't really have a choice with Finch, I see it with a problem he will be stuck with over the next 2 years. A 250K a year problem at that!

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Eelementary said:
No complaints here - how many Premierships has Green won that actually matter, as opposed to Patten?

Sorry you lost me a bit there. Do you mean cross eyed competitions? :lol:

If your talking about the real deal, then I don't know anyone who has played 4 FG games and won a GF. That might take atleast a season to do.

Cheers
Sterlo

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:

mate, lets get fairdinkum. I dont have a personal grudge over Finch but you can't tell me his form isn't anything other than sh*t.

Even Phil Gould who you mention above was bagging the crap out of Finch in both the panthers & titans game. Hages doesn't really have a choice with Finch, I see it with a problem he will be stuck with over the next 2 years. A 250K a year problem at that!

do you have proof that he's on 250K??

Eelementary

Post Whore
COACH STERLING said:
Sorry you lost me a bit there. Do you mean cross eyed competitions? :lol:

If your talking about the real deal, then I don't know anyone who has played 4 FG games and won a GF. That might take atleast a season to do.

Cheers
Sterlo

Well, obviously Green has won PL Premierships - but they don't matter.

Patten, on the other hand, has won an NRL Premiership. So yeah - difference.

Eelementary

Post Whore
COACH STERLING said:

OK, so you claim Finch is going sh*t. So how is Green doing any better?

He carved up a hopeless Canberra side and has been nothing but solid with a few idiotic penalties given away since then. So how is he unbelievably better than Finch?

As I said - Finch, going as sh*t as you claim, has already set up more tries and drop-outs than Green. Plus he's just as strong, if not better, a defender.

Stagger eel

Staff member
also I definitely don't think he's setting the world on fire, far from it but i don't think he's form is any worse than a few others in the team and I don't think he's the reason why we lost the 4 matches we did..

no one has yet to convince me of a better starting 6 at the moment and by the sounds of it Hagan has the same opinion, not that he'd know anything about the game of rugby league.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
do you have proof that he's on 250K??

No not really.

Its just me pulling a figure out of my ass.

But I'd imagine players with his very elite stature would command atleast 220-260K. I dont know and maybe it's a little unfair for me to talk about his salary but that was the impression I had from reports when we first signed him up.

Am I way off?