What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have no idea

11Straight

Juniors
Fien's 110% just doesnt cut the mustard anymore.He can try all he wants but it simply isn't good enough.

Time for some young blood our season is f**ked what the f**k have we got to lose!!

Same attack as last week. ...and we won. No one was having a cry about it then.

We just don't have 3 or 4 dangerous players who are CAPABLE of that on a CONSISTENT basis.

Thats just how it goes. Thasts our roster this year.

I haven't seen any good half prospects in the lower grades either that could do any better.

Tough shit. We're not going to set fireworks alight this year. Get used to it!!!!!!!!

I think we have sufficient player talent to offer up better than that - especially at home.

There is no structure, or rather no adherence to it.

Seems to me every player has their finger on the panic button.

Steve Price post match press interview...

"...still have a lot of work to do with our attack"

"...we need to have a hard look at ourselves"

No congratulations on their effort tonight.

evil_p091280

Juniors
Why are we scared of passing the ball to B Moz???

He is our best attacking weapon and hardly gets the ball. We need some real centres...

Why are we scared of passing the ball to B Moz???

He is our best attacking weapon and hardly gets the ball. We need some real centres...

well, my theory is that we still have not mastered our timing in passing. It's kinda staccato if you know what I mean. Too slow - he attacking wave stops and starts and doesn't flow. We run out of time getting it to the wing.

It often starts from the dummy half.

redbreed

Juniors
We lack a creative, intuitive half that can take the game by the ball's. Fien tries hard and puts his body on the line each week but he seems to be just going through the coaches handbook and not sizing up the situation at hand. As I have said on numerous occasions we don't seem to attack a teams weakness. We play the same every week regardless of who we are playing but teams playing us attack us around the ruck where we are slow and vulnerable. It's about winning not how you won.

i.e. No changes for next game and the nightmare continues.

...I wish Adam Quinlan would get game time WITH Fien. I don't understand why not. Surely it's time long ago to experiment, and take a (little) chance with new blood. I understand the need to 'bring a young upcomer along' slowly and play them when they are ready. But when the call is made - "ok lad, now you are ready", there is the pressure to achieve from game one. If thrown in earlier, expectations are less, and the new player is under less pressure.

There is no question of Fien's value to the team as a leader. It is just wasted opportunity not sharing it with young Quinlan.

Very disappointed with the way WE LOST - AGAIN WITH LOTS OF BALL.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
This is why I won't be making the 8 hour round trip to watch this side.

We must be the most boring team to watch. Always seem to dominate possession but they just have no attack what so ever. 2014 can't come soon enough.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
My 2 cents. Fien tries his hardest but in the end he is shit. Chase Stanley is barely a first grader yet alone a 5/8. f**k me we make a shit load of dumb errors and take the wrong option on so many occasions. We will not get far with this roster and we are only making up the numbers this year. Good night all

dragonv

Juniors
The whole thing is a nightmare.

From the video refereeing, to the knock on calls to the terribly coached, terribly stocked team Steve Price puts out week after week. No urgency in another game that was handed to us on a plate. What an awful, awful coach you are Steve Price.

No preparation for 2nd phase play in defence, lazy and complacent defence out wide. Our attack speaks for itself. If you are going to boot Soward you have to have something better than Chase Stanley. Fien and Stanley tried hard don't get me wrong. Apart from some dumb plays and penalties you can't blame the players.

Another week, another frustrating 80 minutes of waste.

BennyV

Referee
My 2 cents. Fien tries his hardest but in the end he is shit. Chase Stanley is barely a first grader yet alone a 5/8. f**k me we make a shit load of dumb errors and take the wrong option on so many occasions. We will not get far with this roster and we are only making up the numbers this year. Good night all

Dude, stating the obvious. Not really worth 2c...

...yeah, Chase Stanley :?

dragonv

Juniors
Why do we always play teams back into form?? A team coming off 5 losses that struggles to win away from home and we come up with that performance. And chase Stanley is not a 5/8.

Cowboys will get smacked again next week when they come up against some decent attack. I think we did some of our best attacking tonight and it simply wasn't enough.

FlameThrower

Bench
How bad are we? Terrible attack, with the same play each time, that's another 2 points went begging . At critical times early on we throw away any momentum with forward passes and dumb plays. Really peeved that we lost against Cowboys coming off 4 losses in arks and shocking away record, this is our year of breaking all the wrong fkn records!

smi962

First Grade
We dominate most sides across three quarters of the field, as we did again tonight, but struggle so much once we enter our attacking quarter.

Its has been so frustrating to watch the attack in the final quarter of the field for the past 3 years, and it doesn't seem to be improving, we still lack any fluency.

BennyV

Referee
Even Gould noticed that every repeat set we had on their line, it was the exact same set of 6. Definitely need someone with more spark in the halves...bless Fein and Stanley for their efforts, but Chase needs to slot back to centre and either Quinlan or Drinkwater NEEDS a go...

Stanley showed he is out of his depth at 5/8, that kick onto tates chest in the last ten was an attempt at the short side kick that soward had done for creagh and cooper so often before and he wasn't even trying to give it an up and under!!! We need someone with footwork in the centres! Morris and nighty have to come in field all the time which centralised our attack line too much because the centres aren't creating space for them out wide....... I'd give drinky a go if we aren't getting anothe half before June 30, either way a couple more losses and whatever faint hope we had of making the 8 won't even be mathematical

Latest posts