What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have no idea

Duges

Juniors
Late in the second half it deadset looked like we were doing everything possible to drop the ball. Our gameplan seemed to be to pass it to a forward at first receiver who was in line with or in front of the dummy half who would then catch it mere milliseconds before the defence smashed them and then an offload trying to be forced. It doesnt help either that we have the most impotent centres in the game. Green is absolutely rubbish in attack and 9 times out of 10 gets picked up and driven back and he's not even a great defender which is apparantly y hes ahead of VaiVai. Priors a good defender but thats it, he has zero pace and doesnt know how to pass. He should be at prop where he belongs and drop either Hunt who was trying to hand the ball to the Cowboys every chance he got or Weyman who was on a mission to give away penalties.

Simon Templar

Juniors
Who can we blame? Where is Soward when you need to pin the tail on the donkey for inept coaching? Maybe Price should try sacking half the squad and give himself another ready made excuse for another failed season. Yo cant be building for next season for over two years unless the CEO is also incompetent.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Funny how Price worked on the offence all off season and without Dugan they would not have scored that many. They would in fact have gone worse than last season. Now he said last night that they are going to work on their attack? Wow.

Do the Dragons Management hear what he says to the press? Doesn't look like it.

Henry was under pressure to retain his job and Price was re-signed. Henry's side is now in front. Saints management obviously have low expectations from the coach as opposed to other squads like the Cowboys.

Fiery

Juniors
This has been why i wanted to give Price a chance at coaching the side,but we see the same dumb errors,penalties,line running ,sloppy defence,poor team selections etc.
It is clear Price is not a 1st grade coach,and don't anyone tell me i told you so,because you can f#*k off,I just wanted to give him time and see if he can turn things around,sadly not.

Does that mean I can now criticize Price without you threatening my life:eek:?

Stdavid

Juniors
The problem is we snag a win against an equally impotent side like the Knights and Price starts patting himself on the back thinking he's on the right track. The game against Newcastle was like watching two one-armed blind drunks fighting and last night was only marginally better. How the heck can he not see that Fein and Stanley have no future as the halves and that Prior is a fricken prop, and not a starting one at that! I know the roster's a bit light this year but there is no excuse for him not giving guys like Drinkwater a shot. I ran into a now NZ-based mate the other day, who is from the Gong and still has family there, and he agreed - it's not the losing that hurts, it's the selections and how we are losing. If it wasn't for Dugan, we wouldn't have won against the Knights and wouldn't have even got close last night.

Fiery

Juniors
The problem is we snag a win against an equally impotent side like the Knights and Price starts patting himself on the back thinking he's on the right track. The game against Newcastle was like watching two one-armed blind drunks fighting and last night was only marginally better. How the heck can he not see that Fein and Stanley have no future as the halves and that Prior is a fricken prop, and not a starting one at that! I know the roster's a bit light this year but there is no excuse for him not giving guys like Drinkwater a shot. I ran into a now NZ-based mate the other day, who is from the Gong and still has family there, and he agreed - it's not the losing that hurts, it's the selections and how we are losing. If it wasn't for Dugan, we wouldn't have won against the Knights and wouldn't have even got close last night.

Well said!!

saint.nick

Coach
Funny how Price worked on the offence all off season and without Dugan they would not have scored that many. They would in fact have gone worse than last season. Now he said last night that they are going to work on their attack? Wow.

Do the Dragons Management hear what he says to the press? Doesn't look like it.

Henry was under pressure to retain his job and Price was re-signed. Henry's side is now in front. Saints management obviously have low expectations from the coach as opposed to other squads like the Cowboys.

To be fair, the Cowboys have been under performing under Henry for years.

SerbDragon

Coach
Cowboys can't win in Sydney, but they can win in Wogalong

We lose at home to a team under us on the ladder.

How many sets of six do they want on their goal line in the last ten minutes?

We have no f**king idea more like it.

Venting over.

Grolsch-main-one.jpg

saint.nick

Coach
Late in the second half it deadset looked like we were doing everything possible to drop the ball. Our gameplan seemed to be to pass it to a forward at first receiver who was in line with or in front of the dummy half who would then catch it mere milliseconds before the defence smashed them and then an offload trying to be forced. It doesnt help either that we have the most impotent centres in the game. Green is absolutely rubbish in attack and 9 times out of 10 gets picked up and driven back and he's not even a great defender which is apparantly y hes ahead of VaiVai. Priors a good defender but thats it, he has zero pace and doesnt know how to pass. He should be at prop where he belongs and drop either Hunt who was trying to hand the ball to the Cowboys every chance he got or Weyman who was on a mission to give away penalties.

Lol, gotta love Price's logic. When you know the season is gone, prioritise safety first, loss avoidance defence qualities, ahead using the perfect time to develop promising juniors who can add some spark to his failing attack!

SerbDragon

Coach
Funny how everyone was pointing their fingers at jamie.. Jamie has never been the problem.

Maybe this guy is to blame...

BeakerHands.jpg

Drewbrees

Juniors
Same attack as last week. ...and we won. No one was having a cry about it then.

We just don't have 3 or 4 dangerous players who are CAPABLE of that on a CONSISTENT basis.

Thats just how it goes. Thasts our roster this year.

I haven't seen any good half prospects in the lower grades either that could do any better.

Tough shit. We're not going to set fireworks alight this year. Get used to it!!!!!!!!

nrlnrl

First Grade
If Dugan is picked for Origin:

Nightingale at fullback, Prior and Stanley in the centres, Vidot on the wing, Frizzel into Lock and Soward will be back. May bring in one of the young players to play fullback or wing...

if Dugan is picked for NSW it doesn't matter, we have the bye before Origin 2 & 3

watatank

Coach
before origin 2, after origin 3

Dugan would struggle to back up after Origin 2 and would miss the game before Origin 3

SerbDragon

Coach
Father Teddles, its a personal joke between me and the op :)

he thought we were going to make top 6 or better under price, i lolololololololol till i cried

RedVDave

First Grade
Admittedly our game plan is pretty poor in the last 10 minutes I can't recall us going to the right side once. But having thought about it on the long trip home the problem is not entirely the coachs fault I said it at the start of the year before a ball was kicked but our biggest problem lays in the halves and in the centres.

Now don't get me wrong I for one, will not for a second fault Fien's effort the guy busts his gut every week the problem however is the guy is not a halfback he is a hooker but that's hardly a great secret. Obviously we have two sound hookers in Rein & King so we can't play him there.

Our biggest problem is our centres though IMO Stanley seriously what does this guy offer? Not fast, no step and a poor defender. Vidot is probably more suited to the wing spot than at centre however those 2 positions are well and truly taken not to mention he has an error or two in him. Prior again won't fault this kids effort and it's not like he is asking Price to play in that position he's just there but he belongs in the forwards that's just the way it is. Green I'm starting to think this guy is our best option at #3 for now solid defender and probably the quicker of the lot and there is also Cooper who is our best option problem is he is always injured and on old and tired legs.

I don't understand the decision at all to drop our best kicker and replace him with a centre who can't kick, I'm not saying Soward has to play but why not blood Drinkwater instead of putting a stop gap there? and a very, very crappy one at that, I'm looking forward to next year we I believe we are only a halfback (unless Drinkwater can step up by then) and a mongel forwad away from having a good cattle if Price cannot produce the goods next year then that'll for mine be the determining point of whether this guy has it or not.

Fiery

Juniors
been crying for a year and a half already mate

J. V. Stalin who I know wasn't Slavic, wouldn't have put up with such failure for 5min let alone 1・5 years!!! Imagine Steve Price leading the Slavs!!! God have mercy, Price would have fascists parading down Red Square before making changes.

Latest posts