What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have no idea

saint.nick

Coach
It's friggin sad that the closer we are to our own goal line, the better our chance is of scoring. We can only rely on broken play. The Cowboys could have defended 20 sets in a row on their line tonight because we were that God damn awful. It's not like a usual lack of effort from players, it's just s*** coaching. Comon Doust, get on the crownies, spark those creative juices and do something...

hardbaby

Coach
In attack it's easily the worst team I have seen in 4 decades of Dragons footy. The roster isn't great. Cue Doust. But it's the coaching that really stands out. These guys play way below their potential. Almost all of them. They have no structure. No game plan. And half the guys are playing out of position. Merrin made me want to hurl tonight. It is abysmal. And Price just had his contract renewed. Cue Doust. It's pretty obvious where the blame lies. The worst thing is our players actually do try hard. I admire their effort but despise their inability to actually win. We had that game by the balls and still lost...at home...against a really average team. And what a shit crowd? If that doesn't get the management concerned I don't know what will. The supporters are speaking loud and clear. Listen up Doust you f**king muppet.

saint.nick

Coach
Time for a banner I reckon. We want action.

When's the last time NRL fans actually made an anti-coach banner? We as Saints fans, the most demanding supporters in the League, should show everyone how important success is to this mighty club! We do what we want! Get the banners up. Nothing personal Price, just business, as Vito Corleone would say.

dragondonar1

Juniors
Price already stated that we are looking towards next year. That means forget about this year. I think the problem we have is lack of quality players and price being an understudy to bennett. Price doesn't have the experience to deal with players not up to standard. But on a positive note at least we are off loading. But price is playing the side with the idea of damage control. That is why prior and green play in the centers. I would rather blood some new players and lose by bigger margins than play safe and lose by less than 10 points. Who knows we might unearth a super star if we try and new thing. I think doust should give price the ok to do this because price doesn't have the balls to do this on his own accord. also the players seem to love price so maybe it could just work.

Mr Red

First Grade
Lol@pricey.... I cant believe our attack could actually get worse...but it has.
Drop our goal kicker, best general play kicker and only player capable of causing the defence any trouble and replace him with a hack centre .... awesome...

I hope Price realises how close to the spoon we are getting week by week...
Dice Price banner Time..

Father Ted

First Grade
Leave Steve

Hop on the bus gus.
Get a new plan Stan
Just set us all free.

Btw Chase Stanley is to creativity
What William Shatner was to singing.

Best thing about a wooden spoon which I don't thiink we will get . is that it can be inserted handle first to the root cause.

DUB888

Juniors
First Grade NRL Players NEED a First Grade NRL Coach.
As long as Price holds the Head Coach position he will destroy any talent and deliver us the wooden spoon. He is already looking to 2014 so he can F!*K that to.
Leave Steve - IMMEDIATLEY

jenninga

First Grade
In attack it's easily the worst team I have seen in 4 decades of Dragons footy. The roster isn't great. Cue Doust. But it's the coaching that really stands out. These guys play way below their potential. Almost all of them. They have no structure. No game plan. And half the guys are playing out of position. Merrin made me want to hurl tonight. It is abysmal. And Price just had his contract renewed. Cue Doust. It's pretty obvious where the blame lies. The worst thing is our players actually do try hard. I admire their effort but despise their inability to actually win. We had that game by the balls and still lost...at home...against a really average team. And what a shit crowd? If that doesn't get the management concerned I don't know what will. The supporters are speaking loud and clear. Listen up Doust you f**king muppet.
This has been why i wanted to give Price a chance at coaching the side,but we see the same dumb errors,penalties,line running ,sloppy defence,poor team selections etc.
It is clear Price is not a 1st grade coach,and don't anyone tell me i told you so,because you can f#*k off,I just wanted to give him time and see if he can turn things around,sadly not.

FlameThrower

Bench
...even under Bennett we did not score big points, but had the best defense and attitude with steel-like mental strength. Now we have none of those key factors and coupled to the fact we lack attack and budget-priced and or aging roster means we are push-overs for just about any team. Problems across the board, front and back-office as well.

Fiery

Juniors
First Grade NRL Players NEED a First Grade NRL Coach.
As long as Price holds the Head Coach position he will destroy any talent and deliver us the wooden spoon. He is already looking to 2014 so he can F!*K that to.
Leave Steve - IMMEDIATLEY

Price is not even a nightmare anymore. Just the same as him constantly picking the same players week after week no matter how badly they played went from surprising to infuriating to patently ridiculous, his coaching has gone the same way. From surprising (in a bad way) to infuriating to patently ridiculous by now. One can only laugh at how absurd the situation is.

Don't expect any changes in the coach or the team for the next game.

Callahan

Juniors
I think in general we have a great roster its the inept team selection, centers playing 5/8 back powers playing center geriactric playing halfback and a under fives coach as head coach unfortunately Steve Price is way out of his league I feel for the players they really are trying with no game plan no vision and no direction, the first thing this coach said when he came in was that he would improve our attack. Only half the season has passed and this guy is saying he's looking to next year, isn't that what the preseason is for please stepaaside Steve.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
dragons are not going to win to many games having Stanley at 6 and fein at 7. to be honest they should not be in the team at all. yes fein plays at a 100 miles an hour and tries but where does it get the team. Stanley is not up to nrl level, after seeing him jog to get the ball last night giving tate an easy try, I would of pulled him off last night.

we drop more balls then we complete, we have no direction at all.
our attack sux. we had so many repeat sets of six last night and didn't
look like scoring. cowboys scored soft tries.

soward is not the only person to blame, its the majority of the team and our coach who has no idea at all.

dragons game plan since dugan arrives is pass the ball to dugan and hope for the best.

I wish price will trial drinkwater and king in the halves, maybe quinlan.

TheRev

Coach
Well im pleased more people are finally coming around, what im not pleased about is we have wasted 2 seasons waiting for more fans and the club to look back and realise that despite the guts of the players, its been 18mths without any developed attacking structure is unforgivable.

Not only that but Prices selection method of 'playing not to lose' means we have still virtually not blooded any of the potential kids who may (or may not) have made it in 1st grade.

TheRev

Coach
dragons are not going to win to many games having Stanley at 6 and fein at 7. to be honest they should not be in the team at all.
Yar it was obvious from the moment Chase was selected, he is an average 1st grader I dont mind him at centre where he gets the odd ball and comes in for work.. as long as hes on cheap dollars, but at 5/8 he has the ball in great space and has to make decisions, and the poor bastard doesnt have those skills.. hes not supposed to be there, honestly if Joey Johns hadnt suggested it accidentally on the Footy Show, he probably wouldnt be...

You could put Creagh or Frizz at 5/8 and it would be more effective, anybody can run and throw a late pass, but we actually have blokes in the club with the skills to test the line and pass, and kick.. blokes with vision, King or Quinlan are the prime candidates.... but again this was obvious 3 weeks ago, Price to his credit did try something, but he is slow to realise when he makes a bad decision, its infuriating.

Now if we get a mid-season halfback signing it will place the pressure back off Price, but our juniors must be so furious that even in these so called 'development years', that theyre not even worth a go.

Latest posts