What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need backs!

Ray

Juniors
Brent Webb just needs to run hard at the line and wear some of "Tony-Brown's-gloves-for-rugby" things to keep his hands on the ball.

Martli

Coach
I reckon the Warriors should give Vatuvei a decent run on the wing this season, the only thing that seems to be wrong with him at the moment is lack of experiance so since this season is basicly a flop, it will allow him to get some NRL experiance under his belt before next season where he could poteintially shine.

Ray

Juniors
"Potentially" you see Martli.

Even my 5-year old cousin has potential.... :mrgreen:

playdaball

Bench
why are the Warriors speaking to Cronulla's Chris Beattie?

He is a very good player but we do not ned him as we have a large amount of forwards.

We need a decent winger and/or centre.

Iafeta

Referee
I agree Play. Maybe Chris though may be getting a bit desperate having not secured a contract elsewhere and may be a bit of a bargain buy. He's been in good form lately. I thought he made a real impact against us.

I think the Warriors should continue to look outside the square and exploit the 2 under 21 rugby players exemption to the max with perhaps Ben Atiga and Tony Koomwaiyou. They were two names bandied about, the latter may be a serious option giving he has prodigious talent, speed but may find it hard at such a young age to break into the Auckland NPC team. Atiga is also a quality goal kicker, Grant Fox rates him the best up and coming back in New Zealand.

carlnz

Bench
I went to the Raiders vs Falcons today, and I must amit, Odell Manuel is playing bloody well...you might laugh at me, but why not give him another go?? It wouldnt hurt anybody :roll:

carlnz

Bench
NZ Warrior said:
I remember Odell, is he about the same size as Meli???

Yes, he played well on the Wing for the Warriors, then went to Canberra. Came back, and now is playing in the centres for the Raiders....

He has played a few NRL games, so why not give him a shot? Him on one wing and Meli on the other....gee that could be a deverstating combination....

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Chris Beattie won't be gracing our shores, he is off to France, thank God.

A judicial nightmare, the club won't be needing next year. Beattie is a thug, it would have been good to get a bit of mongrel into the side though. It either puts the other team off their game or makes them fire up even more.

playdaball

Bench
ONE THING ...
Young RU players. I seem to remember that they are only exempt from the cap for one year, therefore if a U21 player proves to be a hit the club will have to release or not sign another player to accomodate him under the cap.

MAKE SENSE?

carlnz

Bench
NZ Warrior said:
That would be an awesome combo. Has Odell lost any of his size or has he grown fatter???

I walked past him after a match, and Im 6ft 4, and he strolled past me and i had to look up to him...he is lean muscle...I think he is playing good footy in a team that is running last which is a shame...

Latest posts